What's new

Hello everyone - MrYoshi

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

MrYoshi

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Apr 15, 2017
Messages
123
Rep Bank
$705
User Power: 183%
Hello everyone,

I've been a member of this site for a few months now, but I never fully introduced myself. I thought it made the most sense to share how I started this journey. It all began with my terrible experience in school. I basically have been studying a lot these past few years as my foreign parents wanted me to graduate from a prestigious school. I did just that, but it wasn’t until graduation that I realized how much time I had wasted from HS to college. The internet had everything I needed and more, but I missed out on all the trends. I won’t make the same mistake this time around.

I had just finished my final exam and it was all over, no more studying, only work. The university invited a speaker to our graduation ceremony and he had a net worth of 40 billion – I skipped it. I was never the best student because I found it all to be very boring so I was excited to enter into the corporate world. My first job was a sales role at one of the largest cloud SaaS providers in the world and I did very well right off the bat, but I couldn’t figure out why I did so well. It all felt very natural to me, but I started to worry about losing the top spot so I worked on the weekends and read sales books like fanatical prospecting, predictable revenue, cold calling techniques (7th edition) and others.

I lived in an awesome city with a ton of young people in it, but I ignored all the fun as I never had more success in my life. I reached the top of the leaderboards out of thousands of other college graduates and I truly was obsessed with maintaining my spot. I continued to do well and never left the top 5 within the organization, but I started to think about how slow things were moving outside of my life. I was terrible with women, never traveled outside of my home state and had no friends. I had been slaving away for 6 months and was on track to make 6 figures and receive a promotion.

I stumbled upon TMF review from a person on YouTube and decided to buy the audiobook because **** it. I listened to it in two days and was instantly hooked. I started to panic a little because I was doing nothing that he described in the video, but he was spot on about everything. I got so pissed off because I worked so hard to finally reach the top at this company, but the work I was doing meant little in the grand scheme of things. It’s funny because I tried ignoring this book and labeled it bs, but it wasn’t possible for me to go back. Every day after I realized that something was wrong at work because I had lost interest in the job completely. I still managed to do very well, but I knew deep down that I needed to remove myself from that toxic environment. I couldn’t think of anything else that was more enticing to me than financial freedom. I thought about it constantly and every slow lane conversation began to bother me a lot. I wanted to travel, have a few passive systems in place, play video games, and most importantly take a couple months off to do absolutely nothing.

I started looking more into entrepreneurship and Gary Vaynerchuk’s videos made me realize how much I’ve missed out over these years. I decided that I wanted to become an entrepreneur full time for one year so I budgeted properly and recently quit two months ago. I haven’t made any money yet, but I have enough to last me more than a year so I’m going to push myself and make every minute count. I’ve slowly fixed my sleeping schedule and wake up at 5 am daily, but I will work towards getting up at 4:30 am. I highly recommend reading “Morning Miracle by Hal Elrod” and “Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson.”

If you’re still reading up to this point you probably won’t be surprised that I’m in the lead generation business. I write down all my ideas and think about every opportunity in front of me. I’m as persistent as they come so I’ll continue pursuing this goal until I make it.

I am slowly learning about SEO and marketing, but my focus right now is on sales and making our first 1k. I will create a progress thread soon to go over all the details. I’m forever grateful for MJ DeMarco and the Fastlane Forum.

-MrYoshi
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom