The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Everyone - Design student from UK

Tom607

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 7, 2013
Hi guys, my name is Tom, I am 18 years old, I live and study in the UK. I am a member of Robert Himler and Amy Sangster's Far From It forum, a valued member of an R125 motorbike forum and also a newly established member of Secret Entourage's Forum. I study design at college along with politics and business studies and will be heading to Falmouth Uni next year to continue studying design. I enjoy everything design including fashion, I am a dedicated gym go-er, I drive a yamaha R125 and I adore rap and electronic music.

I have signed up because I want to meet more people with the mind set I hope to achieve, after being introduced to Robert Himler I did some research and became enlightened to creating the lifestyle you want. I also watched the film 'The Secret' which I found inspiring although I think after looking further into it, it seems a bit weak, nevertheless it has motivated me to come to places such as this.

I dream of living a prosperous lifestyle working in a design studio out of enjoyment not necessity and I would LOVE to own an Audi R8 - I like to visualize having one everyday... lame I know
linguino.gif

To get the ball rolling I have started a small t-shirt store for the many UK hipsters (using my design knowledge), I have signed up to a gym instructor course (to get a decent job at a gym while in Uni), started a music blog for fun and have started learning Forex trading (I hope to save enough for a copy of Amy Sangsters IP soon).

I know its a bit of an essay but thanks for reading, I look forward to meeting you all

Oh and I am half way through the book
sorrriso.gif

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Link to your T-shirt website?

Also... you can work for yourself instead of working at the gym... you can sell your design services on sites like fiverr.com and similar sites.

Tom607

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 7, 2013
Link to your T-shirt website?

Also... you can work for yourself instead of working at the gym... you can sell your design services on sites like fiverr.com and similar sites.
Hello 100, cheers for the reply here is a link to the site - Home / Austin & Ives

I have looked into sites like fivvr but they sem to be very over saturated with semi pro designers who are better at using the site then actually designing :(

Edit - also I like the gym, I go everyday anyway so it would make a nice part time job for me with minimal risk :)

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Cool designs!

Hope you make it work :)

Good luck with your journey and welcome to the club!

Tom607

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 7, 2013
Cool designs!

Hope you make it work :)

Good luck with your journey and welcome to the club!

Cheers, do you know any other design based entrepreneurs on here, they might be able to enlighten me on how to work the two?

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Tom

Hi from Bournemouth. I'm a newbie here too trying to find a way forward.

An example of a small-scale, "selling your time" business you could think about, at least for now while you study:

I lurk on a UK forum for beauty therapists - I am a female who dabbled in the beauty trade once, that's my excuse ;-)

There is a graphic designer who is a member (I think his wife is a beauty therapist), and he hangs out on the forum and offers snippets of relevant advice - and if anyone ever asks about having a logo or some printed materials designed, everyone always recommends him immediately.

How about doing something similar on any forums for e.g. personal trainers and gym owners that you have found? Anywhere in the English-speaking world? Might be bread and butter for now?

Tom607

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 7, 2013
Yeah, its interesting you should say that as I have done graphic design for people when I used to be a regular member on a computer building site. I may look into it, it is difficult trying to be a decent forum user without promoting yourself too much :p

Thanks for the advice, also do you like the removal of the UK's ugliest building?

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Yep, I just saw in the local paper that the IMAX cinema is now DOWN.

Not very near me so I haven't seen it - it'll be a bit classier at the seafront now - apparently it will become a "new outdoor events space" which sounds low-rise :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...