The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello everybody

JUAREZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jun 24, 2019
Hi. My name is Stefan, I am 26 years old, and until 22, I didn't give a shit about my life, my dreams, and my future. I was raised in a family where I was told that I need to go to the Faculty Of Mechanical Engineering and become a Mechanical Engineer, and my father will help me get a job. It looked so easy for me, and because I have always chosen what was easy I did not think about it at all. Meanwhile, I met my future wife and my life looked so nice. I have graduated and went for the interview. There, I had the first reality check. Although my father talked for me, there was only a position far away from my home and my wife. There, I had the first reality check. I started to realize that because of my choices (to not give a F*ck about my future) I was in a place that seemed so wrong. I started to read, in order to find out some ways to escape, because I came to the conclusion that I am in danger to become trapped in a place I hate for the following 40 years.

The more I read, the more I have realized that I actually don't have any skills, and at my job, I was wasting time pretending to do the job. I hate mechanics and all parts of it, and I suck at it. This was happening in 2016.

Then, I managed to find a way to move with my position in my hometown (again, with the help of my father) and continuing faking the job, while hating it with all my heart.
In 2017 I heard about the Amazon business, paid a course, respected the steps and not thinking on my own (probably because all of my life I was accustomed that other person must do the job for me, while I do not put any effort). Of course, I failed and had another reality check. I lack discipline, work ethic and I thought that there is a get rich quick shortcut that I must find.

Because I have lost money and my budget was low, I have decided that I want to start a dropshipping business, because I read that you need a lower budget, and I wanted to start small, to learn the basics, fb ads, google ads (Notice my plan at the end of 2017). I started to read motivational stories, feeding my brain with all the "motivational videos", but actually doing NOTHING.

Fast forward 2019, I didn't start the dropshipping business yet, but still reading "motivational books". A few weeks ago, while searching for another book to feed my brain and to trick my mind that I need one more book and after that, I will be ready to start, I found UNSCRIPTED . I downloaded it (didnt buy it), and I started to read It. 2 weeks later, after a quick 250 pages, I ordered it because I felt I have to do this. I resonated with it and it seemed that I found the missing puzzle to my situation. Although my native language is not English and there are a lot of words that I do not understand, now I have it in my hands and want to read every day with a pen in my hand, and to extract all the information.

After the quick reading, I understand why I have failed. because of the FAKE ACTIONS that I took every day since the end of 2017. I was pretending that I climbed another step towards my dream (to live free and to travel with my family and own my time) by reading something about dropshipping, but in reality, doing nothing. I have bought courses, but again, didn't apply anything.

So, I am here because when I want to be an entrepreneur. Because at my attempt with amazon business, I have received some messages from my customers where they were thanking me for the product and I felt AWESOME, to know that I really made a person happy. That feeling I haven't found it at my job.

So, my WHY's are a lot:
  • Providing a better life for my family
  • I want to be free and do whatever I want
  • I want to travel with my family and to have fun
  • I hate my job and my environment
  • I hate my boss because how he treats me
  • I want to prove to my family that I can succeed
The only person who supports me and my dream is my wife. I can not talk with my family or other people around me. They always laugh at me and tell me to come back to reality.
I feel that I do not resonate with the people around me.

The problems that I am facing now and working on them are:
  • Stop Fake Acting and actually do something
  • I feel overwhelmed because I want to learn a lot of things and I feel that I do not have the time, and the day passes without doing anything
  • I lack skills because I didn't give a crap about knowing how to do things.
  • I keep hitting the snooze button most of the days, although I want to get up between 5-5:30 to learn and to work at my business.
What are my plans? I still want to start a dropshipping business, cause I think it will help me to learn marketing. But now I know it is a process, and I am willing to put in the effort.

If you had the patience to read all the story, or even some of it, I want to thank you.
@MJ DeMarco , thank you for the book and also for this forum. I will start to read it every day.
@ Fastlane Forum, Thank you all for all the value you bring and I look forward to talk with you guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 20190624_210019.jpg
    20190624_210019.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 0

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for ordering the book after the illegal download. Appreciated.

Welcome aboard.

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
Not being a native English speaker, your written English is far better than most. Nice!

Best of luck on your journey!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...