The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello All

qwerety

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 26, 2008
Detroit, MI
I just joined today, someone linked this forum on another site, seemed pretty decent so here I am.

I haven't really looked at too much around here, gonna have to read up on how things are around here. Glad my welcome PM mentioned what the speed limit icons mean. Although, I still don't get what these levels mean (Yugo?)

I basically have no entrepreneurial experience, but I am willing to learn and put in work. I'm currently still in college (Culinary Arts Major), I just have to finish up a couple Spring & Summer classes before I get my Associates Degree.

I don't really have any specific questions, I will just spend a bit just looking around and soaking up some information. Looks like I will learn a lot here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Apr 16, 2008
I just joined today, someone linked this forum on another site, seemed pretty decent so here I am.

I haven't really looked at too much around here, gonna have to read up on how things are around here. Glad my welcome PM mentioned what the speed limit icons mean. Although, I still don't get what these levels mean (Yugo?)

I basically have no entrepreneurial experience, but I am willing to learn and put in work. I'm currently still in college (Culinary Arts Major), I just have to finish up a couple Spring & Summer classes before I get my Associates Degree.

I don't really have any specific questions, I will just spend a bit just looking around and soaking up some information. Looks like I will learn a lot here.

Welcome Qwerty :hurray:...You'll love it here my friend.
The levels change with the number of posts you write. The more you type, the better car you'll be driving. That's the idea. :thumbsup:The speed as you may know works by vote. When you post a good answer, a good post, or even ask a great question people vote to add speed to your profile.
Here are some links to help you understand this topic better:
A lot of us are still and will always be learning, so if you would like to open a restaurant or a business, even with no experience in entrepreneurship, this place has great advice for that.

Culinary Arts, miam miam...Any French dishes in the menu.:)

Howard:smx6:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Hi and welcome!

Culinary Arts huh? Do you have any favorite receipes yet?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Welcome to the fastlane qwerty. You have an easy screen name to spell.:icon_super:

qwerety

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 26, 2008
Detroit, MI
I think I should bump this. I have been gone for a long time now, but I am now back. Kinda thought I should add a couple things.

I am still a fastlane student, but the main thing I am trying to get into is FOREX. I have been studying and reading information on it for about 6 months now. I'm at the point where I am comfortable to start up demo accounts for a few months and really get into it. Its been hard to be as patient as I am, but I have to learn that.

I do not have the available cash to start up a micro or mini account yet, so I will use as much time possible, reading and practicing so when I have proper capital, I can jump in with confidence.

Of course I don't want to get burnt out on just FOREX, so this site will help me to explore other things at the same time keeping my mindset in the right spot, instead of getting too distracted with pointless things on the net.

Oh and to update my first post, I am out of college now, but the area I really want to work at in Culinary is baking or pastries. Sadly, the city I am in has very few bakeries or pastry places and the few around aren't too good. Just outside the city there are better ones but none are ever hiring. Thanks to grocery stores having baked goods it seems like not many people even go to bakeries or pastry shops anymore and just get that stuff from the grocery store now. At least where I live at least.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome back -- I'd like to point out that DEMO trading and REAL trading are two different beasts. They use different platforms too. What might show a profitable trade on a DEMO account will be a losing trade on the real thing. A demo account is likened to a flight simulator in a warehouse whereas the real thing is up in the sky with an open cockpit and the wind in your face.

Just be careful in gauging your success on demo accounts.

qwerety

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 26, 2008
Detroit, MI
Thanks man, I kept hearing lots of stuff as if the demo was basically the exact same for the most part as doing the real trading and the biggest change was the fact you aren't using real money. Kinda sucks the platform is different, because that means once you used to the demo one you gotta deal with a new when starting out on the real deal.

At least the principles of trading are the same either way.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
the platforms are the same if your using the same broker...

If your on a mt4 platform your on that platform demo or otherwise. they sometimes run them seperate on different servers but all of the pricing is the same and they run with the same price feed...

the only difference is you have no effect on the market like you do (or think you do)when you live trade. most of the retail dealers dont actually patch your trades thru to market anyway so your usually trading against other traders and the dealing desk...

there are very very few nondealing desk brokers that u actually have your trades passed thru to market.(and its usually only a full sized account of over 100k not on a mini or micro) its called something when your dealer allows your trade straight in the market and ill be damned if i can remember what it is lol... I will find the term and post back!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga

qwerety

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 26, 2008
Detroit, MI
Its been awhile, but I'm back again. Still learned a ton about forex, but life put me in a different position now.

Going from office to office selling my own baked goods (cakes, cookies, muffins, quick breads etc). To be honest its not going so well, but its something I really wanna do. This was a very inspiring site for me when I was learning about forex and just interesting ways to make money in general. So, now that I'm in a new area and doing sales, I can look up all kinds of new info and get new inspiration that will hopefully make me better at selling stuff.

Man, I remember when MJ wasn't even finished with the book yet. Now I see its jumped off just fine it seems. Congrats MJ if you happen to peek at this thread again. :urock2:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...