Per LightHouse's suggestion, I'm here to introduce myself, discuss my background a bit, and hopefully make some contacts with other like minded individuals.
Part 1:
According to the premise of this website, I took the slow lane with my life. I went to college. I went to med school. I became a doctor. I accrued a rediculous amount of debt and entered into a field that is so heavily regulated and burdened with beurocracy that I find it impossible to accept that I will be doing this for the rest of my life. I currently am employed, but to even consider opening up my own private practice given all that is happening in the economy and all of the uncertainty surrounding the medical field right now I feel would be foolish.
My singular goal from going in this direction with my life was to earn a high income. That goal to some degree has been achieved, though I did not realize how boring and repetitive it would become nor do I have the freedom in my life that I thought a high income like this would provide to me.
Somewhere along the line I discovered Affiliate Marketing. I stumbled accross website after website promoting these work at home opportunities that promised the stars if I just paid them $49.95 for their life-altering e-book. Well, here's what I know... During the California goldrush, the people that made the most money were the people selling the pans and the shovels, not the goldminers themselves. So I decided to read, and read, and read some more from as many free articles and websites as I could find. I developed a foundational understanding of how commerce and commissions worked on the internet and I decided to put my toe in.
I decided to promote one of those first work at home e-books that stumbled across to see if I could make any money with it. I was still skeptical at this point and I decided to try using my affiliate link code and run an ad on Craigslist for it. Without going into too much detail, Craigslist was a dead end. But then I moved onto Backpage.com, ran an ad, and within a few days I had my first commission for $34.97 in my affiliate account.
This was one of those life altering experiences for me. I had tackled this marketing stuff by myself outside of any affiliate marketing community, but I think that everyone who has ventured into this field remembers that moment when they earned their first commission and thought to themselves, "Wow! Just a few more months of this, and I'll be retired!" I wish that were true.
Part 1:
According to the premise of this website, I took the slow lane with my life. I went to college. I went to med school. I became a doctor. I accrued a rediculous amount of debt and entered into a field that is so heavily regulated and burdened with beurocracy that I find it impossible to accept that I will be doing this for the rest of my life. I currently am employed, but to even consider opening up my own private practice given all that is happening in the economy and all of the uncertainty surrounding the medical field right now I feel would be foolish.
My singular goal from going in this direction with my life was to earn a high income. That goal to some degree has been achieved, though I did not realize how boring and repetitive it would become nor do I have the freedom in my life that I thought a high income like this would provide to me.
Somewhere along the line I discovered Affiliate Marketing. I stumbled accross website after website promoting these work at home opportunities that promised the stars if I just paid them $49.95 for their life-altering e-book. Well, here's what I know... During the California goldrush, the people that made the most money were the people selling the pans and the shovels, not the goldminers themselves. So I decided to read, and read, and read some more from as many free articles and websites as I could find. I developed a foundational understanding of how commerce and commissions worked on the internet and I decided to put my toe in.
I decided to promote one of those first work at home e-books that stumbled across to see if I could make any money with it. I was still skeptical at this point and I decided to try using my affiliate link code and run an ad on Craigslist for it. Without going into too much detail, Craigslist was a dead end. But then I moved onto Backpage.com, ran an ad, and within a few days I had my first commission for $34.97 in my affiliate account.
This was one of those life altering experiences for me. I had tackled this marketing stuff by myself outside of any affiliate marketing community, but I think that everyone who has ventured into this field remembers that moment when they earned their first commission and thought to themselves, "Wow! Just a few more months of this, and I'll be retired!" I wish that were true.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
