The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Heart Transplant

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I think organ donation is great. In fact I am signed up to be a donor(against my husbands wishes) If anything happened to me or my kids I would want to donate any needed organs. My dh is very against this for some reason and I would have a hard time convincing him to donate anything from the kids. he has promised me he will follow my wishes with my organs if theres anything left thats any good by the time I kick the bucket.

all that being said I thought this interview was horrible. they kept talking about the dead husband. asking the reciepent strange questions and then it was all just uncomfortable when they brought the widow out. I thought they were kinda rude about the whole ordeal. they kept saying about the dead man, dead mans heart, dead mans wife, and cutting it out of a dead man ect. well its much better to take it from a dead man rather then a live one. the whole interview just rubbed me the wrong way.

definatley could have been handled way better imo.

Last edited:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I thought it was a spoof on TV news/entertainment shows(ONN?). If it was for real then, yeah, bad form.

carlhuber

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 31, 2008
NY
HAH! That is hilarious. The subtitles or whatever they're called at the bottom are great. "Real life Frankenstein's Monster 'grateful'"

I love the ONN

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I guess its supposed to be funny then egh?

I definatley didnt like it as a story and I dont think I like it much as a joke either.

sorry!

I am happy it wasnt real. I was like whats wrong with these people lol.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Organ donation in the US is typically 100% anonymous, when done legally.

For obvious reasons.

Strange video-- definitely onion stuff. :cool:

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
it depends on the circumstances of the donation. certian organ donations are done with organs of the living.

One of my dear friends in pa has had 2 transplants. first was a liver transplant unknown donor assumably from a dead person although you can get a partial liver section from a living donor and it will regrow.

the second was his kidney. the antirejection drugs he was on from his first transplant killed his kidneys and 5 yrs after the first transplant he got a kidney donation from his ex.(his daughters mom) she is still alive and was a living known donor.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Thanks for the correction, Carrie.

You are, of course, correct. I hadn't considered living organ donations, only those from people declared legally dead.

-Russ H.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I personally think the funniest part of this thread is the fact that I had no idea it was a joke lmao.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.