The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

he Perfect Cold Email Always Contains and Does These 10 Things

Marketing, social media, advertising

PJ Pahygiannis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 6, 2014
Olney, Maryland
The Perfect Cold Email Always Contains and Does These 10 Things

START with a QUESTION related to your product (I have also sent a question as a separate, standalone email first to initiate contact with the person)

Example (if you are selling beach toys to toy stores): First, Send an email asking the person “Do you carry any beach toys?” Use the subject line “Beach Toys”

Once they respond, thank them for responding and respond with the following information.

NOTE: I have had the best results when I kept the email below 200 words. Long enough to leave them informed but short enough to make them interested.

1. Who you are (name and position)
Example: Hi, My name is Joe Smith

2. Something interesting/notable about you that the prospect can relate to (For example, If I am selling fishing lures to a tackle shop I’ll say I used to fish competitively in tournaments)

I have been in the toy industry for 10 years and have won 12 awards

3. The name of your business

I founded XYZ Toy company

4. What your product is

We manufacture XYZ kind of toys

5. Who is currently buying and using your product

We currently sell our toys to kids ages 5 to 8 online and through over 200 toy stores such as Target, Toys R Us, and Walmart.

6. How your product should be used

Our toys are great for kids to play with on the beach in the sun and the sand

7. Why now is the right time to buy (such as the time of year, holidays, etc)

With school letting out soon and beach season right around the corner, now is the perfect time to carry this product in your store!

8. Address a concern/objection (example, for food products allergies are a huge concern). If you’ve been selling your product for any period of time you should have an idea of what these are.

At $5.99 each this toy is an affordable choice for any family

9. Explain what they are buying

Not only is it a great way for parents to keep their kids occupied and having fun at the beach, our toys are washable, durable, and safe for kids of all ages.

10. Ask if they would be interested? (If you are willing to give samples of your product, you could as them if they want a sample)

Would you be interested in carrying this toy in your store?

NOTE: This is part of a free ebook I created. This year alone I have sent out over 40,000 cold emails. I’ve sent cold emails selling everything from coffee flavored jelly beans, shipping software, fishing lures, new app ideas, and even fudge in a jar. Free Guide to the Perfect Cold Email

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sam9530130

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Dec 29, 2016
Canada
There is a lot of "I" and "We" and not many reasons why they should actually carry it and what the benefits are for them. That's great that you sent 40,000 emails but how many converted into a phone call? and then into a sale? I'm curious to know...

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
Pretty bad email to be honest, reminds me of the 100 emails I get from chinese sellers on Alibaba asking me to check out their amazing catalog

If youre going to market a lead magnet campaign on this forum at least be good please thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.