The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Having difficulty finding a reliable manufacturing company in CHN

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

bolt2mil

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 16, 2012
I have been looking on alibaba and tradekey and for some reason, I don't find it as a solid means to find a contact. I have my prototypes ready and am in the works of finding a descent company to manufacture my designs.

I even emailed some through there sites directly, either they disappear after contact or don't reply or are just a bit stupid. I thought people want to make money?

Any advice on how to find a reliable manufacturer in China?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
I have been looking on alibaba and tradekey and for some reason, I don;t find it as a solid means to find a contact. I have my prototypes ready and am in the works of finding a descent company to manufacture my designs.

I even email some through there sites directly, either they disappear after contact or don;t reply or are just a bit stupid. I though people want to make money?

The reason why they don't respond is because most manufacturers on Alibaba don't manufacture new products; they just sell certain products and you contact them if you want those products like a certain laptop or camera, etc. Since what you want is for them to make something new, you'll have to target the select few that do this and keep pestering them.

They probably figure that it's not worth it to go through the trouble unless you're willing to purchase a large quantity, so keep them interested by hinting that you'll be requiring a large quantity in the future. That way you dangle the carrot in front of them even if you're not committing yourself to making a large purchase at the moment.

bolt2mil

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 16, 2012
The reason why they don't respond is because most manufacturers on Alibaba don't manufacture new products; they just sell certain products and you contact them if you want those products like a certain laptop or camera, etc. Since what you want is for them to make something new, you'll have to target the select few that do this and keep pestering them.

They probably figure that it's not worth it to go through the trouble unless you're willing to purchase a large quantity, so keep them interested by hinting that you'll be requiring a large quantity in the future. That way you dangle the carrot in front of them even if you're not committing yourself to making a large purchase at the moment.

Well, I will definately need a large quantity for my second order, something like 1000 units.
The thing is I need a mold to make a part of my product because its a new technology in the field. So I know I am on to something big its finding the person who can do everything to my specifications.

Another issue is my design is not exactly how I want it as I am not an expert in CAD. But I know how to explain it. I will keep trying.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Most shouldnt start out that way. I believe Likwid has done this so he might have some useful info for you. Most start out in the states. Dealing in China is a whole different ball game, especially with IP.

VexX

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jun 8, 2012
I also have contacts in Hongkong as well as Guangzhou that are involved in the manufacturing business. PM me if your still struggling

bolt2mil

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 16, 2012
Thanks guys for all the support and replies. I have in talk with a manufaturer in Thailand. I live in Dubai, which is why I am manufacturing there.

However, the U.S will be one of my markets, along with the UK.
Should I get a patent in the U.S for my product?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.