The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Have you searched Google lately?

Marketing, social media, advertising

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I'm not sure if it's the same on a phone or tablet but Google search has changed on my Mac. It looks totally different and for example if you search for The Fastlane Entrepreneur Forum.... it comes up with the www.thefastlaneforum.com on top of the name of the forum and just looks totally different. I did a search for 2 of my sites and no change in rank, thankfully. Honestly, the only place I can go is down so now that I'm on top, I worry about going down where as when I was not on top, I never worried about it. lol Anyway, anyone else notice these changes?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
They have been testing this kind of layout for months now. It is going more widespread this week on desktops.

How to get desktop search back to old layout - Google Search Help

(Spoiler alert...you can't switch back). This is just a discussion page about the change. I agree with the guy who said "it looks too much like Bing, and I don't like Bing." :rofl:

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
I thought something is wrong with my browser, I have to double-check to make sure I did not inadvertently switch to Safari. I am not a fan of this new layout, but again, they did not seek my opinion.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I agree, I am not a fan of this new look and this is part of why I don't like Bing. :arghh:

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
While I don't personally like the new look, branding is going to be so much more important with favicons being in the SERPs. Now it's not reading the URL finding a familiar website, now I can just find a familiar/trusted logo and head that way.

The advertisement favicons are all plain black images. If your favicon has any amount of color it will stand out.

A great improvement to the user experience.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I have given up on using the Google advertising search engine. I don't want to bother scrolling through masses of adverts until I finally discover some search results related to my question.

Like @ZZZ, I only use DuckDuckGo and while a small number of adverts appear it is primarily devoted to finding answers to your question.

The added bonus is privacy. DuckDuckGo don't track your every move and keep sending irrelevant advertising.

Walter

daniel_m

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 26, 2019
I have given up on using the Google advertising search engine. I don't want to bother scrolling through masses of adverts until I finally discover some search results related to my question.

Like @ZZZ, I only use DuckDuckGo and while a small number of adverts appear it is primarily devoted to finding answers to your question.

The added bonus is privacy. DuckDuckGo don't track your every move and keep sending irrelevant advertising.

Walter

DDG is also now the standard built-in search engine with Androids in the EU I believe (as a new law was passed or something)

They need to keep biting away from Google's users so that Google can't just do whatever they want anymore.

ZZZ

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 3, 2019
USA
DDG is also now the standard built-in search engine with Androids in the EU I believe (as a new law was passed or something)
EU antitrust rules said it was illegal for Google to set itself as the default search provider on its own operating system, so Google paid a $5 billion fine for doing this and DuckDuckGo is now an alternative presented when the OS asks users what they want to search with

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.