The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Have you read Dan Kennedy's books?

Trent

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 9, 2008
China
His stuff helped me a lot with mindset and marketing. His marketing to the affluent is my favorite of his.

Don't do his monthly subscription service, its not worth it.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Not yet, but know that Frank Kern, one of the biggest names in Internet Marketing niche is always quoting and joking that he stole most of the material he teaches from Dan Kennedy. I checked out some video on YouTube and liked him but didn't go deeper yet, make a search on Youtube and see more about him ;)

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
I liked his audio book about visualization called Psycho Cybernetics, it was really good. Have not read his marketing books, but he is highly recommended.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
I have read 3-4 of his books, with a definite thumbs sideways on them.. Not great, not a waste of time, I kept reading because of so many people gushing over the wisdom of Dan Kennedy, still looking for the book with all that in it....

I think in a nutshell, be bold, don't be afraid to ask for the order, charge more.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Watching his seminar from 2003 called Wealth Attraction Seminar. The guy seems bit a**hole but def. very smart and experienced. Like it a lot. Looking forward to buying some of his books in future..

gmckinney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 23, 2011
Read a bunch of them and have attended some of his seminars in the past - has some progessise ideas but a lot of writing is dated. the chapter on Takeaway Selling in No BS Sales Success is worth reading.

myfyna

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 6, 2011
Hi,

Just read this thread to see if anybody knew anything about Dan Kennedy. I received an e-mail that he's selling a new product called Game Changer DNA. I watched two free videos so far. They are feeding the crowd a video every other day so it's building anticipation. The videos are interesting. Some of the information I gather resonates with what MJ talks about, focusing on your WHO more than your WHAT.
They haven't show how much the product is going to cost but I bet it's a lot. And I feel it might be Mr. Kennedy's repackaged teachings. A lot of the top Internet Marketing Gurus were his clients.

RazvanRogoz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Sep 18, 2011
Romania
He is a good copywriter and a good marketing strategist.

I don't know about his books, but he launched several seminars.

However, for some reason, I never could stand to listen to him. His content is good, his strategies work (I've tried some of them), but he's a lousy speaker (personal opinion).

I don't know what to say about his non "marketing and copywriting" materials. When I've studied "NO BS Time Management For Entrepreneurs", I was taught to schedule my day to the minute.

That's not sustainable, unless you have a VA to help you and an streamlined business.

In any case, I suggest learning from him. Jay Abraham is also a good fit.

Flatlander

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Dec 28, 2010
South Dakota
I have one. I don't like him. He comes off as extremely smarmy.

katly007

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Sep 17, 2011
Hawaii
I have a bunch of his stuff. Courses, audio programs and stuff like that.

I like learning from different people and expanding my awareness. Although I'd probably go through John Carlton's and Gary Bencievenga and Gary Halbert's courses before Dan Kennedy for copywriting. They say that Dan Kennedy is a GOOD copywriter but an even better marketer and he even admits himself that he's not the best copywriter but he obviously makes decent money and can market himself.

Then for marketing I like Jay Abraham's stuff and he's also partnering up with a bunch of other people so the other stuff are interesting to watch too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.