The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Have you ever used an online doctor consultation site?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
My health insurance has video chat doctor services where they can write you prescriptions and everything without a physical visit.

It is pretty sweet!

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019
There are some really awesome doctors I know in the former Soviet Union countries who can and do give online consultations by Skype for a fee that is moderate by western standards. I have thought about making it into a business, but the big problem is liability and licensing if you claim you are giving medical advice.

As to what can be improved — information-sharing between different online doctors and real healthcare providers. E.g. put encrypted medical records online and add digital signatures of authenticity on the blockchain.
Then when you ask for advice, you can allow access to certain parts of your medical record so the answering doctors could see e.g. your past blood test results or X-ray pictures. There is the issue of privacy, but it can be addressed to some extent by e.g. adding random noise to the data (e.g. randomly show your weight as 150 or 155 instead of 152 to make it harder to link your medical record + anonymized username to your real identity).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
When I visit a doctor, I allways have the problem that I must analyse, whether he is good or nor. Online thats another bit harder to do.
For 90 % of my physically problems google is a real good doc. You read about your problem and after 20 minutes you know as much as 80 % of the docs would know.

So if I really need a doc, I will visit one of my choice . physically.

To the topic question : no.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I never see a doctor but my wife has seen one online. She has also had one that used to come to the house and she said the online was just as good as when the other lady would come to the house.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Ive googled symptoms that I have and somehow I'm still alive.

Apparently I have aids, cancer, corona virus and a bunch of other deadly diseases.

Not a fan of the online doctor thing, then again, doctors are fairly useless imo.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Ive googled symptoms that I have and somehow I'm still alive.

Apparently I have aids, cancer, corona virus and a bunch of other deadly diseases.

Not a fan of the online doctor thing, then again, doctors are fairly useless imo.

And you're probably pregnant while at the same time infertile.

I've come to the realization that doctors find out what's wrong with us, the same way I find out what's wrong with my computer (or say, your car for the gearheads):
  1. List a couple of symptoms
  2. Look up known cases where someone else had the same issues
  3. Try the easiest solutions first
  4. Work your way down the list until you get it right

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content