The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Have you ever sold to someone after a poor first impression?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
So I'm still very new and raw in my industry despite having several prospects interested in my inventory.

I say this to stress the fact I am far from an expert and am hardly anything other than a novice.

That being said I've had some sales calls with CEO's and decision makers and this most recent one went pretty damn bad. I fumbled terminology and made it sound like I was contradicting myself, which I did, but it was a result of me using the wrong technical phrasing at the start.

He still asked me to send over a contract and paperwork as the call ended. But as per the point of this thread title, have you sold (high ticket) after a poor first impression? How did you manage it?

I still plan to send over paperwork, but as this was one of those lumps on our roads many might come across, I ask for any input my fellow fastlaners might have.

For what it's worth, this product is definetly what they want and need, I just completely bombed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Depends on the industry. Some people can’t find a competitor, don’t like you, don’t think it’s a great deal, and will still buy. Some people you can get along great with and they think it’s a great deal and they buy from someone else.

The results will tell you the answer. I’ve gotten customers that I never thought would signup. My friend who owns his own headstone company has told stories about how he’ll not respond to people for weeks and they’re still begging to buy from him. I mean, his customers are dying to do business with him.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Steeltip

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 17, 2021
Houston, TX
it's like Johnny Boy said. Sometimes your the right fit regardless of the rapport that you have with someone or how bad the initial pitch went.

I will add something else though. Just because they have the contract doesn't mean he will sign it. I have had "for sure" deals back out at the last second. Just remember to hold your ground if you follow up with them and they tell you they are not going to do it. Ask more probing questions and ask them if there is any possible way that you can do business with them. You would be surprised how quickly a firm no can turn into a yes.

And don't worry about fumbling your words too much when you present. Of course, it's ideal to have your presentation come across smooth but as long as your technical knowledge is rock solid and that is clear to the customer you will most likely be fine.

Best of luck

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.