The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Have the business, have the need, how to get the critical mass

Marcel1986

On a trip in the fastlane....
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jul 8, 2009
World citizen living in Spain / Germany
Hello all,

i´m into the Fastlane topic for a certain time now. reading topics, have read the book.

The funny thing was reading Fastlane was like looking in a mirror. It feels like MJ and me ran through the exact same thing..

I developed a business, not thinking on making bucks, but making it perfect to satisfy the needs of my customers.

I also got a model how to get money out of it. To be clear. Every single point MJ explains in his book is covered by my business.

But i´m not sure if i start out right / explaning it right to people and if the strategy for marketing is good.

I realised this business with my father and since we didnt want an investor it was a long road, but finally we finished it and still have 100% of our company.

In short i will give you an overiew without saying too much so you can develope you opionion

The need:

Every small businessmen is looking for new clients in his area.

-> nearly everybody got a webpage, posting stuff on Facebook, but nearly everybody tells me it does not bring new clients to them.

-> so i got a solution for this which does not cost them too much ( i even offered it for free to the first clients ), BUT they have to put some effort in it. So its not "dumb" posting of Flyers like on Facebook, or setting up a website once and thats it.

so: they get clients , BUT need to put some effort in it ( -> everybody is able to do it if he is able to use facebook )

My experience so far ( 2 months live ) -> EVERYBODY tells me the idea is very good and sounds interesting

some take part but a smaller amount then i have expected and many others seem to say cool and then forget it again, or think this won´t survive very long.

Kind of my problem is, that it is a new kind of advertising which is not just shouting out phrases or having a website. Maybe the reaction is not like i expected because it´s a "new" manner of doing something, although its not really :) I hope you get that point.

What i did till now to avertise my business:

Crosspost examples, which solve needs in Facebook groups, "cold" Mail to people on Facebook

AND cold call a few people ( which actually wasnt that bad, but im not sure if i get the amount of people i need , to make the business running and interesting ).

I hope my little introduction pointed out clear what the problem is and maybe someone got a tip i didnt think about yes.

- Im offering a solution for a need

- Everybody can afford ( i even offered to some for free testing ( maybe if people dont pay, the dont care ?! and i should charge them from first second and sell on the phone ?! )

- the need exists

- people tell me the idea sounds interesting

- in my business i serve 2 parties ( businessmen / private users ) which makes it even more complicated to transport the benefit to each of them

maybe its just a too short period of time and people watching it first for a few weeks!?
i think if i got like a critical mass things will roll itself much easier because its getting more obvious that the idea is working.

whats your experience in this case?

thank you very much for your help and if i did not point something well to understand for you, please let me know and it try do find other words / concrete them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.