Hello, everyone,
I recently read TMF and thought I would make an account and join like-minded people.
I'm 21, haven't really done anything but school (studying computer engineering), and want to make some big changes to my life. I want to be an entrepreneur and build something that will provide an amazing future for myself and my family.
When it comes to college, I'm going in as a senior, and not really sure I want to continue/finish school as it's just dreadful. I've been fighting through school and the system that has provided very little for me in return. I do the homework but don't really take the time to learn any of the material until a few days before an exam as I just can't find myself going through this slow process of learning a course throughout the long 12-14 weeks. This is something personal I want to work on, but it's gotten me through so far. I want to finish for the sake of finishing and not letting the invested time go to waste, but then again, I would waste another year sitting on the "sideline" (16 credits/semester). I just don't see a real use for my degree for the future I want and am starting to feel like I'm learning things only to forget them soon after. I think there might be some benefit to it, I might just not be seeing it just yet.
I enjoy learning, but the structure found in schools just isn't for me. My process of learning is applying the topic as soon as I can and a lot of schooling is theoretical stacked on theoretical. The fact that courses sometimes have to manufacture scenarios that are considered "unrealistic" just doesn't sit right with me.
I consider myself a decent programmer, am a good video editor, released some games on Steam with a few people back in 2016-2019 (all failed due to marketing), and enjoy finding patterns in data that I could use to better understand a topic.
TMF itself has reinforced a lot of the things I believed in and made me realize that my future isn't something that I want to waste by working and helping someone else who is in the fast lane. I want to be that person in the fast lane. I still have zero idea of what I'm doing, but hopefully, I figure something out soon.
I know this intro is all over the place (and missing lots of info), but I thank you for having me!
- James L.
I recently read TMF and thought I would make an account and join like-minded people.
I'm 21, haven't really done anything but school (studying computer engineering), and want to make some big changes to my life. I want to be an entrepreneur and build something that will provide an amazing future for myself and my family.
When it comes to college, I'm going in as a senior, and not really sure I want to continue/finish school as it's just dreadful. I've been fighting through school and the system that has provided very little for me in return. I do the homework but don't really take the time to learn any of the material until a few days before an exam as I just can't find myself going through this slow process of learning a course throughout the long 12-14 weeks. This is something personal I want to work on, but it's gotten me through so far. I want to finish for the sake of finishing and not letting the invested time go to waste, but then again, I would waste another year sitting on the "sideline" (16 credits/semester). I just don't see a real use for my degree for the future I want and am starting to feel like I'm learning things only to forget them soon after. I think there might be some benefit to it, I might just not be seeing it just yet.
I enjoy learning, but the structure found in schools just isn't for me. My process of learning is applying the topic as soon as I can and a lot of schooling is theoretical stacked on theoretical. The fact that courses sometimes have to manufacture scenarios that are considered "unrealistic" just doesn't sit right with me.
I consider myself a decent programmer, am a good video editor, released some games on Steam with a few people back in 2016-2019 (all failed due to marketing), and enjoy finding patterns in data that I could use to better understand a topic.
TMF itself has reinforced a lot of the things I believed in and made me realize that my future isn't something that I want to waste by working and helping someone else who is in the fast lane. I want to be that person in the fast lane. I still have zero idea of what I'm doing, but hopefully, I figure something out soon.
I know this intro is all over the place (and missing lots of info), but I thank you for having me!
- James L.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
