The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Happie Hello From Moonie!

HappieMoonie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 24, 2009
Memphis, TN (DownTown)
Hello Everyone!

I just stumbled across this Forum by happenstance browsing Google earlier this evening and was curious and decided to join. My real name is Kim, but you can call me Moonie. I'm here looking to do business and if you want to know what more about it please leave me a message and add me as well.

A little about my history, I am a single mom of a beautiful 11 year old who suffers from Ulcerative Colitis. Because of this, it's nearly impossible for me to keep a job and I really don't want to work in the Corporate world anyway...lol. I've lost several jobs because of her condition and just this March she had to be hospitalized and when we got home my job was suddenly unavailable.

So I decided to move into the Internet world and start exploring what's out there. I recently just got involved in a venture and am looking to build a powerhouse community so I can give my daughter the life she deserves.

She wants to go to Med School to be a Surgeon and there's no way a minimum wage job is going to help me pay for that. She told me this the other day. I was proud as a single mom feeling I'm doing something right, but in the back of my mind I was thinking about how am I going to make this happen?

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mohandas Ghandi

So here I am and I am hoping to learn as much as I can from all of you here and hopefully be able to make some business connections. I come from a family of people who haven't really done anything outside of the 9 to 5 and they're happy with that, but me, I've always been the rebel in the family and unsatisfied with the thought of that being my legacy.

Last week a family member called me and told me I need to go get a job at Hardee's or Wal-Mart and leave this Internet stuff alone...I need to face the reality that it's a waste of time and wealth only comes by certain people. That right there is my driving force to prove that I'm worth more than that and can create a better life of freedom for my daughter and I.

We are both very adventurous and want to travel the world and live/travel outside of the US one day and do great things for others and be exposed to things we could only dream about seeing and doing like flying, surfing, scuba-diving, going to Africa and more. We're ready to live better and see the world and I'm glad I'm meeting like-minded people who will join us in our journey!

Moonie

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Welcome to the boards. If you are really wanting to learn then you have found the right place.

This is a great group of like minded individuals with a very low tolerance for SPAM. It will be in your best interest to post and participate before attempting the social networking aspect of it all. Once you establish yourself and contribute to the boards, people are more than willing to network.

Your intro is great, keep that "can do" attitude and the internet and the forums will not be a waste of time for you.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts soon.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hey Kim welcome to the Fastlane, nice to have ya. I like your attitude and outward display of enthusiasm. You have a great story that serves as great motivation -- often times that is what a lot of people lack (the story that motivates them to keep going.)

Just a side note; you might want to change your font sizes/colors for your posts to something more normal ... upon crossing this thread is became very difficult to read. If most people don't like the looks of something at first glance, they won't take the time to read it. Just an FYI.

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area
Hi Moonie!

Family is the biggest issue for most people… especially those who are in the “box”. My Dad wasn’t getting why I quit my cushy job…. I stopped explaining .. and after 3 years of no J.O.B… he finally said.. ahhh I guess this “Real Estate thing is working out.” Uh yeah. I learned to keep my mouth shut with certain people.

Good for you! I’d like to hear what direction you are thinking of going onto the internet.. keep me posted!

I liked the colors.. but, maybe MJ is right.. I would keep the darker color.

Have a great day!!!

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Hi Moonie!

Family is the biggest issue for most people… especially those who are in the “boxâ€. My Dad wasn’t getting why I quit my cushy job…. I stopped explaining .. and after 3 years of no J.O.B… he finally said.. ahhh I guess this “Real Estate thing is working out.†Uh yeah. I learned to keep my mouth shut with certain people.

Good for you! I’d like to hear what direction you are thinking of going onto the internet.. keep me posted!

I liked the colors.. but, maybe MJ is right.. I would keep the darker color.

Have a great day!!!

There is a saying: "Don't try to argue with idiots".

HappieMoonie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 24, 2009
Memphis, TN (DownTown)
Welcome to the forums. Looking forward to seeing you post. If you need some advice I'm just a pm away and so is all of these wonderful guy here.

Thanks and looking forward to knowing more about all of you. Looking forward to connecting with you and sharing ideas/goals.

:thankyousign:

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008
Welcome Moonie

Having a daughter I understand both the motivation and the uncertainty, been there, done that.

Just a thought - never make the mistake of thinking that just because you work 9-5 doing something that keeps the wolves at bay you can't do something from 5-9 to reach the goals an hourly job can't meet.

Most people spend 8 sleepin and 8 workin - it's what they do with the other 8...

Good luck and welcome

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...