The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Halo 3!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Halo 3 releases next week ... any fans? Its been one of the few video games that has the power to make me drop everything and sit in front of a TV for hours on end ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLFDzC_ok8c"]YouTube - Halo 3 - E3 2007 Trailer[/ame]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Haha, I am so stoked.. I bought an elite just for this game :)

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yea I bought an 360 months ago and never played more than 1 hour on it. This will be my first 360 experience.

M-M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 27, 2007
NC
Never liked Halo, never been a fan of shooters on a console. Just don't like the way the controls feel. Personally I can't wait for Call of Duty 4!
I do think Halo serves as a good example of hype, marketing and execution.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I do think Halo serves as a good example of hype, marketing and execution.

I respectfully disagree. Hype, marketing and execution exists because of the fan base - people love the game. Hype marketing and execution is meaningless if prior Halo games sucked and no one bought them.

Do you think "marketing, execution, and hype" would make a market for, say "Redline 2" the movie? Or Hudson Hawk 2? Nope. The original movies sucked a$$ and no marketing plan and hype can save a bad product.

M-M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 27, 2007
NC
I respectfully disagree. Hype, marketing and execution exists because of the fan base - people love the game. Hype marketing and execution is meaningless if prior Halo games sucked and no one bought them.

Do you think "marketing, execution, and hype" would make a market for, say "Redline 2" the movie? Or Hudson Hawk 2? Nope. The original movies sucked a$$ and no marketing plan and hype can save a bad product.

True. What I meant was that the company understood the fanbase and took advantage of it and manipulated an already pumped fanbase even more.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I love Halo! It's just about the only non-sports game I play. I'll probably be picking it up once it's released. I don't really play the story mode though...just multiplayer when I'm chillin' with my friends. I'm pretty damn excited.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I was walking by EB and saw this in the store. It made me think about getting an Xbox360.

Halo 1 was an incredible game. One of the best $50 I've ever spent. In fact, watching gameplay videos on Youtube bring back memories of playing it for hours and hours.

Halo 2 to me wasn't as addicting, but I did spend alot of time in online deathmatches. I got tired of arguing with 14 year olds.

Halo 3 looks pretty good. I wonder if I can sell a copy for $500 on Ebay!

I hope the movie is good!

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I know for a fact that my college's collective GPA will go down at least 15% because of this game

Satpoint

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Aug 15, 2007
I've personally never played any of the two halos but Ill be getting it- we should have a fastlane shootout crew. Post your gamertag- mine is ibglobal

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
It looks pretty fun to play, but I've only got a P(O)S2 and can't bring myself to pay for a new gaming system.....especially if it distracts me from things that are more important. I had to cancel my WOW subscription cause it was interfering with work and wife. Someone mentioned arguing with 14 year olds while doing Halo2 multiplayer which made me remember the time I was at a friends house watching him play. Every time he'd get a kill he'd yell into his headset "How do you like that you panzy little bitch?" and go into a 5 minute argument. Amusing, but he's not my friend anymore. In any case, the game looks awesome from what i've seen and I know it would just suck me in. You guys gotta let me know how it is =)

cuong

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 19, 2007
Houston, TX
I can't wait for Halo 3 also. There is another game from Half Life makers called Team Fortress 2 that just released yesterday. I heard it was going to beat Halo 3. Who knows

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
JUST PLAYED IT!!!!!! YEAH BABY!

Fun, new things that I still trying to figure out. Can't wait to play some more :)

Cheers

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN MINE!!! :'(

What does everyone think of it? I'm still awaiting my order to arrive. Damnit Walmart! If I didn't get it for $30, I would've just stuck with that preorder I had from Gamestop.

MJ, is this the reason for your decreased activity here the past few days? ;)

venom

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 6, 2007
Hi
I just ordered mine from bestbuy. I cant believe you havent spent an hour on the xbox 360, unless you have a ps3 as well.....
I went into costco to get it but they didnt have it in stock. Even without the hype this game would of sold well. It almost seems like they threw the money that they spent on marketing into the trash.
Rob

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN MINE!!! :'(

What does everyone think of it? I'm still awaiting my order to arrive. Damnit Walmart! If I didn't get it for $30, I would've just stuck with that preorder I had from Gamestop.

MJ, is this the reason for your decreased activity here the past few days? ;)

Not entirely, but I did buy it and I have been playing. I haven't formulated an opinion quite yet .... :smx3: My recent absence and lack of participation here is because I'm engaged in transition activities with the new owners of my company. It will continue for another 4 weeks, give or take a few ....

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Not entirely, but I did buy it and I have been playing. I haven't formulated an opinion quite yet .... :smx3: My recent absence and lack of participation here is because I'm engaged in transition activities with the new owners of my company. It will continue for another 4 weeks, give or take a few ....
Well at least you've got your priorities straight: Halo-Business-Forum! ;) (I guess that should be reversed!)

Good luck with it, though. I guess we'll be seeing a lot of you on Xbox Live in about a month. :)

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Let me put it this way - this game is making me seriously consider buying 360 and Live.

Just thinking of the time wasted is astonishing me!

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007
I haven't been on the fast lane for quite some time because of Halo 3!

Who play's Xbox live? Here is my gamer tag:

IGreed is GoodI

The "piplines" being capital i's. Please leave a message when sending a friend request, so I know who you are. Only a select few get on my friend's list :smx3:.

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007
I don't really play the story mode though...just multiplayer when I'm chillin' with my friends. I'm pretty damn excited.

Woah, you must read the books before playing the game--the story itself is amazing. I didn't jump into multi-player until I finished the campaign! I just needed to see the ending...:notworthy:.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Lol...I finally got it last weekend. It's truly amazing. I love multiplayer; I still haven't played the campaign mode yet. My gamertag is JRE123 for anyone interested, but my brother plays as well so they might not know who you are if you say so.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I just finished single player mode and I must admit, I am disappointed. I remember single-play mode lasting days .... I think I played about 10 hours over the course of 10 days and was surprised when the game ended. Halo 1 seemed to go on for weeks with hours of playtime.

Gameplay and graphics were exceptional - just thought it would last a bit longer.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
A few of my friends did a project for TV class in school which was basically a Halo spoof. Any Halo fan should find it entertaining. Here it is:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxu7cshXzEU"]YouTube - Halo 3 Tripod Wars[/ame]

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.