The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Had enough of it...

Paulius T

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Aug 7, 2018
Hello all and greetings from Europe!

So where do I start... Well as I stated above I am a fellow from Europe, 26 years old, born in Lithuania living in Denmark. I work at consultancy company as mechanical engineer, which basically means that my work is constantly changing, one day I could be designing wind turbines the other day I could be making production lines. I am pretty good at what I am doing, I constantly get leading positions, like team lead, tech lead etc. Doesn't sound too bad, but I had enough of it...
Although I am fairly young and shouldn't be so pissed already, the problem is, I never wanted a "job". After graduating from high school it was really difficult for me to decide if I should study or try to start something on my own. I wasn't lazy, I simply had this "thought" in my mind since I was very young - "I do not want to work for someone". But due to the influence from my parents and the fact that I couldn't come up with something to do on my own, I chose to study abroad (Denmark).
For all those years I've been thinking constantly - what could I do to get out, what business could I start?? Never coming up with an answer... Basically every idea was followed by - "someone is already doing this" or "this is not good enough to start real business"
Then two years ago I changed my mind into "I want to retire somewhat earlier, with enough money to live and travel (something like 50 y/o)" -big mistake!
I started reading a lot about investing, made my strategy which is pretty safe and would allow me to retire at 50-55, with fair amount of money. I basically gave up to the system.
Then suddenly this book came out of nowhere "The millionaire fastlane ", it made me believe again that I CAN DO IT! Thank you @MJ DeMarco for bringing this spark back into my life!!!

While reading this book I remembered the idea I had like 2-3 years ago, which I didn't even consider developing, was simply just a thought "that would be nice if existed".
The idea is basically job search website, but with a nice twist, which would give control to regular people or very small business instead of big corporations. I found couple courses which I am going to take to learn "wordpress", but further I have some difficulties:
I want to learn more about business fundamentals but all I find is just business fundamentals for "good employees".
I want to learn more about marketing, but general thought right now is, if you post it on social media, magic will happen (yeah, right...), additionally what twists my brain is that I am not selling any product, my website needs people to post in it, but nobody will post in there if they see its empty, like a cursed loop.
If anyone knows any really good reads or courses on these subjects I would really appreciate it:
1. Business fundamentals
2. Marketing (particularly how to market something that doesn't have a real product)
3. Anything on how to make website attractive to people

Happy to be here and I hope that at some point I will also be able to contribute

Best regards
Paulius

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great intro, welcome aboard Paulius. Glad to see the book lit the fire, the real challenge is to keep it going when things don't come easy!

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Welcome - glad to see another Lithuanian budding entrepreneur!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...