The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ha ha ha - compound interest shills

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
242g6ip.jpg

2vt7iuo.jpg

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
TLDW

1. Every time you have a spare $5 dollars, put it in a jar and then put it in your savings account at the end of the year.
2. Slow lane formula to distribute your $2500 monthly earnings into expenses, goals, emergency savings and guilt-free spending.
3. $200 dollars into retirement per month which *could* compound interest in 40 years to over $400,000.

Brilliant strategies ... I would like to see the portfolio of the one who is peddling this information.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
"Compound interest is not magic, it's math, and it works every time!"

eldru.jpg

On another note, why do these three women act like children? Is it children's tv?

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
These ladies are geniuses, especially when the chalk came out, mind blown.

I think the best part of this video was at the beginning, where she mentioned to put $5 in to a jar to save a couple hundred a year to save for a car or house LMAO. Man, I want to invite these ladies to Toronto where you need $200,000 for a 20% downpayment on a house anywhere in Toronto and the GTA, you gotta save those $5 bills for 1000 years LOL!! Thanks for the morning comedy OP.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
TLDW

1. Every time you have a spare $5 dollars, put it in a jar and then put it in your savings account at the end of the year.
2. Slow lane formula to distribute your $2500 monthly earnings into expenses, goals, emergency savings and guilt-free spending.

Meh. This is basically what I did for years. I ended up having a war chest of liquid cash to use for fastlane ventures.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
No way I am watching that......

Just wanted to say you would be surprised by how few in their 20's have even heard of a budget. Just sat down with a new hire. In a few minutes it was clear how little he had been taught about personal finances. We setup a budget for him and now he is saving for investing and looking for a 4plex. Baby steps.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I love my Rachael Ray pots for the kitchen but damn her show is another story.. I find that so depressing. The part about saving for a home with an extra $500 a year is laughable. This type of mentality is the norm unfortunately. I've gotten to the point where I don't discuss finances with friends. Most of them are so broke and have no idea- it's painful to hear.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
TLDW

3. $200 dollars into retirement per month which *could* compound interest in 40 years to over $400,000.

Brilliant strategies ... I would like to see the portfolio of the one who is peddling this information.
I hear people are going to start living into their 1000's soon...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It promotes saving and budgeting which is great when you all start making $50K/mo.

Other than that, its the perfect plan for SCRIPTED mediocrity framed by a spiritual suicide.

Compound interest shills -- sure the math is real, but the practical application of it is not.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Was just sick in my mouth. Thanks OP.

"At the end of the year you will have a couple hundred dollar to save for a house"

Yeah that's great, I'll go live in a F*cking cardboard box.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
By year two, you can possibly afford a quilt to keep you warm during those cold winter months.
Needless to say that these "financial advisors" speak nothing about inflation with these "saving strategies" sure someone may be able to save to $40 000 in 400 years doing it their way, but in that 400 years, not even our great great great great grandchildren can afford the house, because it would be worth $4Bn and that $40 000 saved over those years won't even be a drop in the bucket.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
its so sad that grown adults are believing it but at the same time it'll give you a good laugh
This is what the Scripted path does: A lot of people believe that being a millionaire is impossible, especially if one grew up in a neighbourhood where no millionaires came from, or specifically if they haven't spent any time in their lives in the company of millionaires, therefore, the concept is far-fetched; so, when they hear these financial strategies about save today for a house later, they easily fall prey to it, because for them $20 000 in 40 years sounds like a lot of money.

As I always say, if it wasn't for TMF and Unscripted a lot of us may not have really believe in the possibility of becoming a M(B)illionaire; the philosophies, the way MJ breaks it down AND the way he proves he applied it and it worked in his life, makes M(B)illionaire-ship very possible for us because we understand the possibilities exist.

We live in a global community where scripted life is accustomed to thinking for us and making decisions for us, until we recognise that we can think and make decisions on our own by following unscripted livelihoods, and Rachel Ray is happily going along with it, knowing deep down what she had to accomplish in order to reach where she is today; however, it takes less effort to tell the masses something so trivial than to actually explain the possibilities of being wealthy, as we know, it's a whole mindset either way.

I agree with you it is saddening, but what is even more saddening is the fact that information is floating all around us, most of it free and many of us still fall for the lies that scripted life sells, is it because maybe some of us (who choose to live the scripted life) are too lazy to learn, yearn and earn more?

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
This is what the Scripted path does: A lot of people believe that being a millionaire is impossible, especially if one grew up in a neighbourhood where no millionaires came from, or specifically if they haven't spent any time in their lives in the company of millionaires, therefore, the concept is far-fetched; so, when they hear these financial strategies about save today for a house later, they easily fall prey to it, because for them $20 000 in 40 years sounds like a lot of money.

As I always say, if it wasn't for TMF and Unscripted a lot of us may not have really believe in the possibility of becoming a M(B)illionaire; the philosophies, the way MJ breaks it down AND the way he proves he applied it and it worked in his life, makes M(B)illionaire-ship very possible for us because we understand the possibilities exist.

We live in a global community where scripted life is accustomed to thinking for us and making decisions for us, until we recognise that we can think and make decisions on our own by following unscripted livelihoods, and Rachel Ray is happily going along with it, knowing deep down what she had to accomplish in order to reach where she is today; however, it takes less effort to tell the masses something so trivial than to actually explain the possibilities of being wealthy, as we know, it's a whole mindset either way.

I agree with you it is saddening, but what is even more saddening is the fact that information is floating all around us, most of it free and many of us still fall for the lies that scripted life sells, is it because maybe some of us (who choose to live the scripted life) are too lazy to learn, yearn and earn more?

you say alot of information out there exists but other than mj i dont know many who talk about 2000% returns, to me it seems like most of the info provided is to keep us poor and working and thats coming from me who's read over 3000 books, even if you study billionaire investing sights they talk about 30 to 40% in a YEAR!

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
you say alot of information out there exists but other than mj i dont know many who talk about 2000% returns, to me it seems like most of the info provided is to keep us poor and working and thats coming from me who's read over 3000 books, even if you study billionaire investing sights they talk about 30 to 40% in a YEAR!
No no, when I say a lot of information, I wasn't specific to investing, I more meant in general regarding living a scripted life where people are just accustomed to going with whatever big pharma, or big brother says without doing research on their own and recognising there IS an alternative to scripted life and that they can do things on their own to overcome personal issues.

However, where business and investing is concerned - YUP - TMF and Unscripted are my two babies, I hold them near and dear to heart, and as I also admit too, if it weren't for those two, many of us wouldn't recognise we can overcome many things that scripted life says is impossible. I read a lot of business books too, looked at many "success" stories the works too, but DEFinitely TMF & Unscripted , no one can hold a candle to the wealth of lifetime education received from it.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
No no, when I say a lot of information, I wasn't specific to investing, I more meant in general regarding living a scripted life where people are just accustomed to going with whatever big pharma, or big brother says without doing research on their own and recognising there IS an alternative to scripted life and that they can do things on their own to overcome personal issues.

However, where business and investing is concerned - YUP - TMF and Unscripted are my two babies, I hold them near and dear to heart, and as I also admit too, if it weren't for those two, many of us wouldn't recognise we can overcome many things that scripted life says is impossible. I read a lot of business books too, looked at many "success" stories the works too, but DEFinitely TMF & Unscripted , no one can hold a candle to the wealth of lifetime education received from it.

just think about the babys being born now by the time there our age they might not get a chance to learn as we are

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Is this a joke?

@1:10

The $5 Rule: "Every time you have a $5 in your wallet, take it, put it in a jar at home, do it the entire year"

*Audience Goes Wild*

:bored:
No, its not.
I don't think most people even save that much.
Most of my peers just 'spend it all', and then they wonder why they are broke at the middle of the month and have to beg for cash from their folks.
I don't think their spending habits will change when they grow older.

For me, saving is good as PART of the plan, not THE plan.
I live like a pauper and stock up cash for Fastlane ventures and mistakes (got to pay for them...they are good business lessons).

thank God for mj
No, thank God for YOURSELF.
While he may have sent the kick that pushed you out of the SCRIPT matrix, you had to choose for yourself.

If you didn't choose to get out, not even MJ or some fairy godmother would suffice.
Ultimately, you fire the shots.

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
No, thank God for YOURSELF.
While he may have sent the kick that pushed you out of the SCRIPT matrix, you had to choose for yourself.

If you didn't choose to get out, not even MJ or some fairy godmother would suffice.
Ultimately, you fire the shots.[/QUOTE]

so true, i just try my best to apply his teachings to my everyday life

Shortypants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
May 15, 2017
NL
I can't believe the secret to wealth is as simple as putting 5 dollars in a jar *mindblown* thanks for the link, already got 6 5dollar bills in my jar #progress

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk

cutthroughstatic

I Buy Cars
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Mar 13, 2015
SoCal --> Richmond, VA
$500,000 by 65! so... $500,000 in 45 years? uhhhhh....

Question to Rachel Ray: is this how you personally have made/accumulated your wealth?

I didn't think so.

MJ, it's what you always talk about. Leverage. Why would people want to leverage such small numbers and assume that the income has to stay the same? So much energy to leverage tiny savings and forget about the income... why don't more people focus on the income!? And get more leverage!

By the way, I didn't watch the whole video. Just fast forwarded to the graph. No was was I gonna waste 4 mins on that garbage.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.