The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Guy Gets A Blank Book To Number 1 On Amazon

AnAverageJoe

remember that you will die
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It's widely known that you only need to sell 50 or so copies in an hour to hit #1 on Amazon in a category, perhaps 100 on the more competitive ones. I stopped advertising myself as an Amazon #1 Best-Seller a looooong time ago because the title was worthless. It is much better to advertise how many copies you've sold because very few authors can say they sold 1,000,000 copies of anything, much less 100,000.

I think the video is more of a demonstration on how f*cked up Amazon's quality control is.

They allowed a book with ZERO content to get through?

Yup.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
It's widely known that you only need to sell 50 or so copies in an hour to hit #1 on Amazon in a category, perhaps 100 on the more competitive ones. I stopped advertising myself as an Amazon #1 Best-Seller a looooong time ago because the title was worthless. It is much better to advertise how many copies you've sold because very few authors can say they sold 1,000,000 copies of anything, much less 100,000.

I think the video is more of a demonstration on how f*cked up Amazon's quality control is.

They allowed a book with ZERO content to get through?

Yup.!
Me and one of my clients were joking about this the other week.. how easy it is to get on the top of an Amazon niche. "I've got the number 1 book on Amazon under Scuba gear sales ethics! I mean there are no other books in the niche, and I only sold a copy to my grandma but I'm still #1!"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
That’s crazy. And to the author and MJ’s point - not sure I’ve ever seen a book that didn’t have “best selling” attached to it somewhere.

Except one. But that was a book we shall not bring back from the dead, by an author who’s name we shall not speak.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.