The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings from Canada and my side project!

colinmacinnis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 1, 2020
Canada
Hey Fastlane folks, my name is Colin MacInnis and I just joined today :)

As the title states, I'm a Canadian working on a side hustle that helps entrepreneurs and small business owners grow their companies.

For some background context, I've been doing consulting for Salesforce, Hubspot, and Microsoft Dynamics the last 2 years but truth be told, I really don't enjoy it all that much!

So I've decided to make the switch and drop my primary revenue source to focus on the part of my business I love the most - helping small businesses make traction in the market and take on the big companies!

My company's website is Marketing Qualified - Online Courses for Sales & Marketing Operations and my business actually began as a blog! Next to that, I've also recently started a YouTube Channel where I'm providing business owners an online personality of someone going through the motions of sales, marketing, and business development (so you don't have to build your business alone). You can view that channel at: Marketing Qualified

Anyway, I really look forward to interacting with you all and I hope all your business endeavours are going well :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Your first 2 posts are clearly promotional.

That generally doesn't work well around here.

Perhaps you can contribute something without trying to backlink to your marketing offers.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016

Perhaps you can contribute something without trying to backlink to your marketing offers.

It fits with his avatar. It's 2020 and it would appear people still seem to think smiling like a sociopath in their picture somehow earns trust.

At least he didn't hit us with the crossed arms pose.

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
514%
Jul 9, 2018
Welcome Colin.

How did you find the forum? Have you read the books that the forum is based on?

colinmacinnis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 1, 2020
Canada

:/

I know posting links can come off as promoting oneself, but I genuinely thought I was entering a community of like-minded people who are positive and working on businesses/projects like myself. This is my first day on this forum and I wanted to give a friendly, honest, and open hello.

I didn't mean to tramp on any toes

colinmacinnis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 1, 2020
Canada
It fits with his avatar. It's 2020 and it would appear people still seem to think smiling like a sociopath in their picture somehow earns trust.

Sorry you don't like my picture Simon. My buddy was getting into photography and I offered to help him - this was a headshot he took.

Not to be mean, but this is my first time on this forum and my very first post to this community. Suggesting I'm a sociopath off the hop isn't a warm welcome at all.

I came on here to be with positive likeminded people who are working hard just like I am to build my business. It's really too bad you had to come in the way you did.

I'm here for guidance, help, connection, and assistance.

colinmacinnis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 1, 2020
Canada
Welcome Colin.

How did you find the forum? Have you read the books that the forum is based on?

Hey @Roz - I found this forum while trying to find ways to connect with other entrepreneurs. I'm new to forums and have been talking to people on Indie Hackers which has been a very positive and supportive community - I saw this forum mentioned on there and decided to check it out.

I haven't read the books that this forum is based on, but love reading about business. I'm seeing the welcome message in my inbox here now, so I'll go check them out.

As someone who posts here often, would you suggest I leave this forum and return when I finish those books? I seem to have offended people by introducing myself :/

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Sorry you don't like my picture Simon. My buddy was getting into photography and I offered to help him - this was a headshot he took.

Not to be mean, but this is my first time on this forum and my very first post to this community. Suggesting I'm a sociopath off the hop isn't a warm welcome at all.

I came on here to be with positive likeminded people who are working hard just like I am to build my business. It's really too bad you had to come in the way you did.

It looked like you just came here to leech of someone else's community for your own gain.

If that's not the case, then sorry, but I say it how I see it.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
Start here to get acclimated to the forum:

More GOLD Threads:

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020

That's déjà vu! I was about to post this on another thread but decided not to.

"Ever since the movie 'Raise the Red Lantern' been wary of over friendly people. It's usually true too.
I'm not saying all smiley people are sociopaths.
I wonder if all sociopaths are smiley.
Maybe an experiment with two restaurants:
The Smiley Sociopath & The Sanguine Sociopath"

It wasn't about you Colin, I'm sure you just made a newbie error.
Should've read the rules :hilarious:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.