rjhaas
PARKED
- Joined
- Sep 21, 2011
- Messages
- 2
Rep Bank
$65
$65
Glad to find like-minded people! I had to move to NC from Oregon; I also lived in Washington state. I was born and lived for many years in California (both southern and northern).
MJ, I'm about 3/4 finished with your book, reading it on my Kindle. I cringe every time you mention those who are over 50, like we're dead or dying... (I'm 55). IT'S NOT TOO LATE FOR US!!!!! :smxB:
Yep, I'm one of the Baby Boomers, and I have to confess that everything you have said in your book is right on. I have worked at so many companies I've lost count. I have saved money in 401(k)s, just to have to cash them out to live on when I have gotten laid off. I have read so many self-help/guru/get-rich-quick books that I've lost count of them, too.
What have I learned after all these years and experiences? Apparently, not as much as MJ learned in a very short time... but I have learned some. Such as our most precious asset is time; when you are doing something, you are trading the irreplaceable time of your life. You cannot get it back, ever. You can get more money, or friends, or most anything, except for time.
I've known this all along, and have been frequently reminded of it when friends or family die. And I have learned many other things... and... and...
What do I do today? I am still at a JOB, still trading my precious time for that paycheck. Have I not learned anything? Perhaps...
I am working on making a book and a feature film about an amazing person. I have done nearly 20 years worth of research, and am probably the world's expert on this person. I have been working on the screenplay and book for years. And I tend to get stuck, without anybody supporting me or helping me. (MJ: reading your section about "signficant others" holding one back hit me like a punch to the stomach... it hurt, but it was right on).
So... I know that I need to set firm goals & deadlines, and I think I really need to have some people that will help hold me accountable for achieving those goals.
My intention is to create a second career that includes writing, filmmaking, flying (my first love!), and thereby joining the Fastlane. I know I can do it... I just need that final push... a last catalyst... perhaps finishing the Fastlane Millionaire will do it!
Thanks for writing the book, MJ!
MJ, I'm about 3/4 finished with your book, reading it on my Kindle. I cringe every time you mention those who are over 50, like we're dead or dying... (I'm 55). IT'S NOT TOO LATE FOR US!!!!! :smxB:
Yep, I'm one of the Baby Boomers, and I have to confess that everything you have said in your book is right on. I have worked at so many companies I've lost count. I have saved money in 401(k)s, just to have to cash them out to live on when I have gotten laid off. I have read so many self-help/guru/get-rich-quick books that I've lost count of them, too.
What have I learned after all these years and experiences? Apparently, not as much as MJ learned in a very short time... but I have learned some. Such as our most precious asset is time; when you are doing something, you are trading the irreplaceable time of your life. You cannot get it back, ever. You can get more money, or friends, or most anything, except for time.
I've known this all along, and have been frequently reminded of it when friends or family die. And I have learned many other things... and... and...
What do I do today? I am still at a JOB, still trading my precious time for that paycheck. Have I not learned anything? Perhaps...
I am working on making a book and a feature film about an amazing person. I have done nearly 20 years worth of research, and am probably the world's expert on this person. I have been working on the screenplay and book for years. And I tend to get stuck, without anybody supporting me or helping me. (MJ: reading your section about "signficant others" holding one back hit me like a punch to the stomach... it hurt, but it was right on).
So... I know that I need to set firm goals & deadlines, and I think I really need to have some people that will help hold me accountable for achieving those goals.
My intention is to create a second career that includes writing, filmmaking, flying (my first love!), and thereby joining the Fastlane. I know I can do it... I just need that final push... a last catalyst... perhaps finishing the Fastlane Millionaire will do it!
Thanks for writing the book, MJ!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
