The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from North Carolina!

CTS

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 7, 2017
Davidson, NC
Hi there! I just finished Unscripted and wow. I’m excited to be here. I’m a mom to two kids aged 4 and 3. I’m in the process of getting my masters in Accounting from a top 10 accounting program. A year ago this was a big shift for me to believe I could go back to school with two small children, or that I was capable at all of going to my dream school. Fast forward with all I’ve learned over the last year, I’m not so sure I made the right decision. Initially my goal was to start my own consulting business. I thought that was the promise land. Today trading time for money is no longer the ultimate goal. I could have gotten the education for a fraction of the cost elsewhere because honestly what good is an expensive degree if I don’t wish to seek employment from anyone who might care about said degree.

Additionally, my husband and I are in the process of starting a website for math education. This is something we’ve talked about for years, but it finally clicked over the summer that we need to actually DO this. He’s in his 14th year as a math teacher in the public school system in NC. We want to make quality personable math education accessible to as many people as possible. I’d much rather be learning how to code my own website right now than learning how to account for stock compensation like a good little future Big 4 employee, which I do NOT aim to be.

We have a lot to learn, but we’re figuring things out as we go. Including whether I finish the masters degree and get my CPA or not. We’re both parts excited and terrified.
I am waking up to the reality that we do not have to be victims to the crappy pay of my husband’s profession nor that I have to spend my children’s childhood working a job out of the house for 50+ hours a week as the primary breadwinnner that I’ve been. Granted this may need to be the case for a time, but it no longer feels like a life long prison sentence. I’m in the process of shedding scripted beliefs. I have unconsciously been living my life with a huge lack mentality, and once my eyes began to open, I have felt parched for further enlightenment.

I’m anxious to start the feedback loop until we hear an echo!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

D.Davis

Ingeninja
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 8, 2017
Texas
Hi there! I just finished Unscripted and wow. I’m excited to be here. I’m a mom to two kids aged 4 and 3. I’m in the process of getting my masters in Accounting from a top 10 accounting program. A year ago this was a big shift for me to believe I could go back to school with two small children, or that I was capable at all of going to my dream school. Fast forward with all I’ve learned over the last year, I’m not so sure I made the right decision. Initially my goal was to start my own consulting business. I thought that was the promise land. Today trading time for money is no longer the ultimate goal. I could have gotten the education for a fraction of the cost elsewhere because honestly what good is an expensive degree if I don’t wish to seek employment from anyone who might care about said degree.

Additionally, my husband and I are in the process of starting a website for math education. This is something we’ve talked about for years, but it finally clicked over the summer that we need to actually DO this. He’s in his 14th year as a math teacher in the public school system in NC. We want to make quality personable math education accessible to as many people as possible. I’d much rather be learning how to code my own website right now than learning how to account for stock compensation like a good little future Big 4 employee, which I do NOT aim to be.

We have a lot to learn, but we’re figuring things out as we go. Including whether I finish the masters degree and get my CPA or not. We’re both parts excited and terrified.
I am waking up to the reality that we do not have to be victims to the crappy pay of my husband’s profession nor that I have to spend my children’s childhood working a job out of the house for 50+ hours a week as the primary breadwinnner that I’ve been. Granted this may need to be the case for a time, but it no longer feels like a life long prison sentence. I’m in the process of shedding scripted beliefs. I have unconsciously been living my life with a huge lack mentality, and once my eyes began to open, I have felt parched for further enlightenment.

I’m anxious to start the feedback loop until we hear an echo!

Welcome! You are def in the right place and congratulations on shifting your mindset. As the poster above me stated, it is a long hard road- but its really the only road I want to travel. You are in a forum that will provide you with a wealth of information and mentoring, so soak up everything you can.
Personally, I would say finish your education IF you're more than halfway through it. Make all of that money spent count for something. The worst that can happen is you walk away with a wealth of knowledge- expensive knowledge- but much better than no knowledge at all.
I know its easier said than done, but why not learn HTML or Java now? Pick up a self-paced Udemy class and go for it. The longer you wait to learn to code websites, the longer you are robbing yourself of time. I don't know you, but I bet by the time you decide to pick up web coding, it will be a while from now. Just do 30 min - 1hr daily and you will be a whole lot farther in knowledge when you get the oppurtunity to do it a few hours a day.
Im very proud of you for taking that step. Good luck and enjoy it. Most of all, congrats on doing it while your children are young so that they may grow up to live an unscripted life as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...