The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great books that are NOT best-sellers. Share yours.

Speculatooor

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
Any suggestions on what to name this document of compiled books?

Some quick thoughts...

101 Must-Read Business and Self-Development Books Not Hyped on Any Best-Seller List ...
101 Great Business and Self-Development Books You Never Heard Of...
agree with the first one

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Epic Irony

Inspiration strikes best through a vacuum of ideas
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Apr 19, 2022
Not sure if it is too late to suggest another book for the list, but I just finished reading this one and it completely blew my mind. I think this book has the potential (and high probability) to bring a radical change in anyone who reads it, takes it seriously, and applies it in real life. And what I just said is an understatement. You have to read it and try it out on yourself, and you will get what I mean. It is different than anything else I have ever read.

41iI0qxBLuL.jpg

Existential Kink: Unmask Your Shadow and Embrace Your Power (A method for getting what you want by getting off on what you don't) - by Carolyn Elliott​

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Not sure if it is too late to suggest another book for the list, but I just finished reading this one and it completely blew my mind. I think this book has the potential (and high probability) to bring a radical change in anyone who reads it, takes it seriously, and applies it in real life. And what I just said is an understatement. You have to read it and try it out on yourself, and you will get what I mean. It is different than anything else I have ever read.

Existential Kink: Unmask Your Shadow and Embrace Your Power (A method for getting what you want by getting off on what you don't) - by Carolyn Elliott​

Thanks for the share, this thread is ongoing, so it's never too late!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas

The Complacent Class: The Self-Defeating Quest for the American Dream​

Tyler Cowen

Examples of how American culture has changed. And how we are being managed by algorithms.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster - Darren Hardy

1,000 Reviews On Amazon

Subject/Description: I started reading this book and he was talking a lot about mindset so I almost dismissed it as just another self-development mindset book on entrepreneurship, but I decided to continue listening. It's not that anything in this book is ultra ground-breaking (although it may be for intellectually curious rookies like myself), but the way Darren puts these strategies into easy-to-understand frameworks makes it one of the most memorable entrepreneurship books I've ever read. He goes deep on everything from selling, to building a culture in a team.

I would say it's aligned with fastlane principles.

ValueSystems

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Apr 12, 2021
Switzerland
Thanks for the share, this thread is ongoing, so it's never too late!

Love this project and I've been excited about it since it was announced!

Suggestion:
Release the database still unorganized as a "built in public" project so it's already accessible in "beta".
I promise you beta users like us won't mind that's it's messy. We can still find gems of value in there!

Ship fast, break things — as kids like to say these days.

Just my 2 cents, cheers!

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I know you sent out a text the other day about this thread and I was wracking my brain. Came up with a few but my tastes are pretty eclectic.

Sleight of Mouth by Robert Dilts - NLP book from probably one of the best practitioners out there. It's NOT an easy read by any means, and I found myself taking notes every other paragraph. This book is so advanced there's another book out called "Understanding Sleight of Mouth" ... you might want to pick that one up, too.

The Ellipsis Manual by Chase Hughes - Chase is probably the most talented interrogator alive. He has been able to get true confessions out of terrorists, serial killers, and every other type of crazy on the planet in minutes when others take hours or days... the best part? He literally never asks a question.

The 16-Word Sales Letter by Evaldo Albuquerque - A must-read for copywriters.

My Voice Will Go With You by Milton Erickson/Sidney Rosen - The stories Erickson used in his hypnotherapy sessions to transform beliefs. Fascinating Guy. If you didn't know, he's one of the most successful therapists of all time. He was a quadriplegic so all he had was his voice. And he sure as hell learned how to use it well.

Relationship Breakthrough by Cloe Madanes - Cloe is the most successful Family Therapist on the planet. She's actually the secret behind Tony Robbins becoming so successful at his interventions. Incredible gem here. And she's funny as hell.

One To Many by Jason Fladlien - I don't THINK this book was actually a best-seller. But it's certainly on of the best on structuring presentations that influence.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I know you sent out a text the other day about this thread and I was wracking my brain. Came up with a few but my tastes are pretty eclectic.

Sleight of Mouth by Robert Dilts - NLP book from probably one of the best practitioners out there. It's NOT an easy read by any means, and I found myself taking notes every other paragraph. This book is so advanced there's another book out called "Understanding Sleight of Mouth" ... you might want to pick that one up, too.

The Ellipsis Manual by Chase Hughes - Chase is probably the most talented interrogator alive. He has been able to get true confessions out of terrorists, serial killers, and every other type of crazy on the planet in minutes when others take hours or days... the best part? He literally never asks a question.

My Voice Will Go With You by Milton Erickson/Sidney Rosen - The stories Erickson used in his hypnotherapy sessions to transform beliefs. Fascinating Guy. If you didn't know, he's one of the most successful therapists of all time. He was a quadriplegic so all he had was his voice. And he sure as hell learned how to use it well.

Relationship Breakthrough by Cloe Madanes - Cloe is the most successful Family Therapist on the planet. She's actually the secret behind Tony Robbins becoming so successful at his interventions. Incredible gem here. And she's funny as hell.

One To Many by Jason Fladlien - I don't THINK this book was actually a best-seller. But it's certainly on of the best on structuring presentations that influence.

Nice, haven't heard of any of them!

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

Excited to check this one out!

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Excited to check this one out!

Good luck! I seriously say picking up "Understanding Sleight of Mouth", too. Actually there are some really old videos of Robert Dilts on Youtube. But the books obviously go into so much more depth

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Ok, here is mine about a topic I always like to read about.
The Boy Crisis - Why our boys are struggling and what we can do about it , by Warren Farrel

Talking about "what the media wants you to read" this is probably one they DON'T want you to read.
It seems like talking about the numerous problems boys of today have growing up doesn't catch enough attention.
But it is a wordwide problem. More and more boys are failing at school, work, many aspects of life, especially compared to girls...
And the causes are many. But here Dr.Warren (which was a Feminist for many years !) gets down to the core ones.
The main one is lack of father figures. You don't the lack of a father presence gives birth to SO MANY consequences, but it is. It even makes risk of death more likely .

Great book to understand what boys today are going through.

ValueSystems

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Apr 12, 2021
Switzerland

The fact that you cited the Ellipsis Manual in there makes me take all your other suggestions like gospel. +1 for Chase Hughes. Though book but full of gems. I got the physical version to keep on my bedside to digest over years.

Have you read it in full and applied it in full by the way? Never met people that have including me haha it's a big one.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
The fact that you cited the Ellipsis Manual in there makes me take all your other suggestions like gospel. +1 for Chase Hughes.

Met him in passing a couple of times. I don't know him well but seems like a really cool guy.

Though book but full of gems. I got the physical version to keep on my bedside to digest over years.

I have his little handbook somewhere, too. It's like a workbook from his live class. It's been a while but I remember it being really helpful.

Have you read it in full and applied it in full by the way? Never met people that have including me haha it's a big one.

"Applied" I'm not so sure :rofl:

I'm a pretty outgoing guy and without trying people tell me everything (even when I don't want them too - ha!) so I've not found a daily use for his material but it IS fascinating to me. Who knows I might go back to it and use it more

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@MJ DeMarco is there an ETA for this? Really looking forward to it!

@MJ DeMarco, please, is there any date for the list? Thank you for responding MJ.

The document is done but on hold since technically, it is sponsored by GoalSumo.com. When that property is beta-released, the document will also be released. So it looks some time next week. Also, about 15 books listed in this thread are listed in this document. The document itself lists 101 books.

BookGemDocument.png

kendamakid

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Apr 14, 2018
USA
A little late to the party

Book: The Family Office: A Comprehensive Guide for Advisers, Practitioners, and Students
Author: William I. Woodson
Genre:
Business / Wealth Management
Subject/Description:
An inside look into those who have been financially successful and the challenges they face in managing their money. Something we can all think / relate / dream about in this forum. How those with high net worth have their finances run like a corporation and the nuances associated with it.

We can all be prepared for our exits.

Amazon Link

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Here's a few more "unpopular" books that changed my life:

1. Mind in Nature By John Archibald Wheeler

2. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

3. The Mathematical Experience by Phillip David

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The official PDF document on this will be released on Friday, December 9th.

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
Well, I'm a little late to the party, but here's my shortlist of books that I recommend. The only one I recommend higher is UnScripted !

Book: The Path of Least Resistance
Author: Robert Fritz
Genre: Self-Help
Subject/Description: Reset the creative power of your mind to instill new habits into your life. A bit heavy-handed, but well worth the read.
Amazon Link:

Book: Deep Survival
Author: Laurence Gonzales
Genre: Survival
Subject/Description: A cautionary look at 'who lives, who dies, and why' in survival situations. In other words, be mindful of the cascade of bad decisions. Relatable to all kinds of situations. Do not read in one sitting.
Amazon Link: Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why: Gonzales, Laurence: 9780393353716: Amazon.com: Books

Book: The Art of Selfishness
Author: David Seabury
Subject/Description: This is THE book for people to learn to say no to toxic stuff and people holding them back. If you 'can't' because your parents/wife/society says no, read this!
Amazon Link: The Art of Selfishness by David Seabury: Seabury, David: 9781635619768: Amazon.com: Books

Book: Get Anyone to Do Anything
Author: David Lieberman
Subject/Description: It's astonishing how often I refer to this book. Works really well! Seriously.
Amazon Link: Get Anyone to Do Anything: David J. Lieberman: 9780312270179: Amazon.com: Books

Mykyta Minich

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 20, 2022
Germany
If, to put it simply, this is on par level with Unscripted and MFL worth, You be the judge.

Book:

Quantum Warrior: The Future of the Mind​

Author: John Kehoe

Genre: Self Help Spirituality Psychology Nonfiction Science

Subject/Description:

In Quantum Warrior: The Future of the Mind, John Kehoe combines the most up-to-date scientific discoveries with mystical teachings from our major religions to create a vision of the quantum warrior and the possibilities of our future as a species. With great insight, he reveals the extraordinary mysteries of consciousness and the universe.

Quantum warriorship is a path to becoming a complete and integrated human being, a journey into the wonder of self and the universe. It reveals a new way to achieve success, happiness and personal fulfillment. This book teaches us the methods for fully incorporating these visionary techniques into our daily lives. For anyone wanting to learn about the mysteries of life and the vastness of human potential, this is the book to read.

(optional) Amazon Link:

Ivex

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Mar 26, 2021
Book: The Lost Art of Running: A Journey to Rediscover the Forgotten Essence of Human Movement
Author: Shane Benzie
Genre: Sports & Health
Subject/Description: If you're not a runner, maybe you should be. And if you are, you need to read this book. Benzi teaches how we can unlock our ancestral ability to move in a flow state. The book is about more than running, it highlights the importance of movement to our psyche (stop sitting at a desk all day my friends).
(optional) Amazon Link:

georgetod79

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Dec 6, 2020
Calgary, Canada
TITLE: The Freelance Way: Best Business Practices, Tools and Strategies for Freelancers
AUTHOR: Robert Vlach
GENRE: Business
DETAILS: A big volume of 458 pages. It's written by an European businessman. I've just shuffled through it and it looks very promising.
Amazon description: The Freelance Way is THE business book for independent professionals. It presents the best available and fully up-to-date freelance know-how, compiled from hundreds of quality sources, including surveys, the latest market data, advice from world-class experts, as well as real-life experiences and stories from hundreds of professionals in different fields and countries, which makes the book highly relevant to freelancers worldwide.
AMAZON LINK:

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Book: Product Entrepreneur - How To Launch Your Product Idea: Napkin Sketch to $1million in Sales
Author: Chris Clearman.
Subject/Description: Chris Clearman runs an eCommerce brand called Matador Products (Outdoor adventure eCommerce brand with patents, has over 145k followers on Instagram). He shows people his process on how he created his own eCommerce brand. I found this book last night and decided to pick it up today.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007