The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Graduating College & Pursuing the Fastlane

jjlundy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 9, 2019
Hi guys --

I've recently read 'TMF ' and 'Unscripted ', and I'm stoked to join the community and learn from you guys.

A little bit about me: I'm a soon-to-graduate college student pursuing a degree in Computer Science from a top-10 university. I've always been a driven individual that's been motivated by getting the "best" job out there, but after working in 3 software engineering roles, including one at FAANG, I've concluded that Corporate America is just not for me. But like many of you guys, I thought that working a nice job and living frugally was the only way to live a successful & fruitful life. I've been lucky enough to have a mentor and @MJ DeMarco to help rip the wool from my eyes & show me that there is another path for people like us out there.

For you guys: If you're interested in learning to code/have technical questions/want to hear my experience studying CS at a top-10 university, leave a comment or drop me a DM and I'd be happy to help (no strings attached!).

Sidewalk --> Slowlane --> Fastlane

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

quanttastic

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 7, 2013
What did you like most/least about your courses in CS in college?

Do you already have a business going, or are you planning on starting one after you graduate? Have you considered 'temporarily' working for a firm to get capital for your business?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, CS is an awesome Fastlane skill!

jjlundy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 9, 2019
What did you like most/least about your courses in CS in college?

Do you already have a business going, or are you planning on starting one after you graduate? Have you considered 'temporarily' working for a firm to get capital for your business?

My courses themselves have been primarily valuable in 2 ways: teaching me how to dissect problems and solve them algorithmically (helpful in life in general, esp. w/ Fastlane mentality), and opening my eyes to the possibilities and technologies available to us within the CS world.

I have tried my hand at a couple businesses already without much success, but I'll be continuing to explore business ideas until and beyond my graduation. I have considered temporarily working a job post-graduation and will probably do so at some point, but right now I have a bit of a financial parachute that allows me to pursue my own ventures 100% for at least some time post-graduation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

quanttastic

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 7, 2013
My courses themselves have been primarily valuable in 2 ways: teaching me how to dissect problems and solve them algorithmically (helpful in life in general, esp. w/ Fastlane mentality), and opening my eyes to the possibilities and technologies available to us within the CS world.

I have tried my hand at a couple businesses already without much success, but I'll be continuing to explore business ideas until and beyond my graduation. I have considered temporarily working a job post-graduation and will probably do so at some point, but right now I have a bit of a financial parachute that allows me to pursue my own ventures 100% for at least some time post-graduation.

The possibilities/technology side is fantastic. Not many people are aware of that. Combining your CS knowledge with entrepreneurship should be huge.

Also very glad to hear that you have a financial parachute. Good luck!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...