The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Got 15k to start, don't know where to start

Kalelv45

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jun 30, 2014
I guys!! I'm have been joining this forum for a long time. I love this place so many inspiring stories. So many like minded people it is really a pleasure read and interact with all of you.

What I'm here to tell is the this: I have been working and making some money on the import / export business that is going pretty good. Right now I want to go to a new path (not abandoning the once I got).

I get aside 15.000$ and I have been wondering what to do with it (using it like pure capital).

What would you do with it if you had it your self?

My ideas right now are the following:

- Writing and use some of the money for marketing
- Entering the Audio Books market
- Investing
- Build some kind of subscription base site
- Buy stuff (a lower price) and resell it
- Renting my two houses and just live on the 15k trying to add some $ every month from the two rent
- Creating some how a tennis school / academy
- Betting?!?!?!?

Tell me your opinion and your ideas I will really appreciated it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DST

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Nov 19, 2013
Norway
What I'm here to tell is the this: I have been working and making some money on the import / export business that is going pretty good. Right now I want to go to a new path (not abandoning the once I got).

How about expanding and scaling up your business thats been going good? More products, bigger storage, hire employees. Don't see why you'd want to go into something new if this is going well

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare

scratchdisk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Feb 11, 2014
Portland, Oregon
I thought of doing something active sounds nice. I would combined the rent your houses and do a tennis academy ideas maybe the tennis academy can have an online (video course?) as well as offline (group lessons?) components over time.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas

If you are doing well in the import/export business, what makes you want to look for something ELSE to do?

You need to FOCUS.

If it's one thing I've learned from very successful people, is not only did they have monumental drive, but they had a LASER focus on ONE thing.

To me, it sounds like you are looking for a shortcut to wealth. There is no shortcut.

Laser focus is one of the keys to monumental success.

Last edited by a moderator:

db7903915

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Aug 8, 2014
Canada
If you are doing well in the import/export business, what makes you want to look for something ELSE to do?

You need to FOCUS.

If it's one thing I've learned from very successful people, is not only did they have monumental drive, but they had a LASER focus on ONE thing.

To me, it sounds like you are looking for a shortcut to wealth. There is no shortcut.

Laser focus is one of the keys to monumental success.
Does this apply to things outside business? I've been making good progress as a musician for the past few years, but it's not a very lucrative career until I commit to it fully. And I'm not sure I want to. I've wanted to start a business every since I was a kid. Do you think I should pursue being a musician until I'm able to support myself (estimated 6-12 months), or go full in with business and keep music a hobby?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Does this apply to things outside business? I've been making good progress as a musician for the past few years, but it's not a very lucrative career until I commit to it fully. And I'm not sure I want to. I've wanted to start a business every since I was a kid. Do you think I should pursue being a musician until I'm able to support myself (estimated 6-12 months), or go full in with business and keep music a hobby?

I don't want to derail the original poster's thread - but I can't make your life decisions for you. If you make a new thread on this topic and describe your situation in detail, I'm happy to reply.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
What would you do with it if you had it your self?

My ideas right now are the following:

- Writing and use some of the money for marketing
- Entering the Audio Books market
- Investing
- Build some kind of subscription base site
- Buy stuff (a lower price) and resell it
- Renting my two houses and just live on the 15k trying to add some $ every month from the two rent
- Creating some how a tennis school / academy
- Betting?!?!?!?

Tell me your opinion and your ideas I will really appreciated it!

I second the motion about FOCUS. Sounds like you are trying to put your eggs in too many baskets.

Also, I would be cautious about asking random people about were to put 15k of your hard-earned money. Some con-artist will surely pop up telling you to invest it in some great idea of his or some investment opportunity, and you'll wind up losing all of it.

Put it where your heart is. In other words, what you care the most about. Remember the Fastlane principles of meeting a need, and all the CENTS factors. The business idea that has those might be the one to go with. Otherwise you won't be on the Fastlane at all.

Look at your list again and ask yourself which one of those is a Fastlane business....if any.

P.S. Have you read MJ's book "The Millionaire Fastlane "? I don't see a banner on your profile pic so I'm assuming maybe you haven't. If you haven't read it yet, get a copy and read it as soon as you can. Most of us here have read it. The forum and the book are connected.

cpaballin

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 23, 2015
I second the motion about FOCUS. Sounds like you are trying to put your eggs in too many baskets.

Also, I would be cautious about asking random people about were to put 15k of your hard-earned money. Some con-artist will surely pop up telling you to invest it in some great idea of his or some investment opportunity, and you'll wind up losing all of it.

Put it where your heart is. In other words, what you care the most about. Remember the Fastlane principles of meeting a need, and all the CENTS factors. The business idea that has those might be the one to go with. Otherwise you won't be on the Fastlane at all.

Look at your list again and ask yourself which one of those is a Fastlane business....if any.

P.S. Have you read MJ's book "The Millionaire Fastlane "? I don't see a banner on your profile pic so I'm assuming maybe you haven't. If you haven't read it yet, get a copy and read it as soon as you can. Most of us here have read it. The forum and the book are connected.

aspkin and mj would be great friends

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
You need a $ales personal trainer.

There aren't many of them out there, but if you find a good one, a sales personal trainer will take a one-time fee (or perhaps recurring) and start working on your wallet in the same way a personal trainer helps you enhance your body.

A sales personal trainer doesn't waste your time with vagueness and things that don't work. You'll learn what to sell, how to sell it, and who to sell it to. If you're selling the right service - electricity and natural gas are too good examples - then you get residuals for the life of the contract(s) that you sign. In other words, you get paid $1,000, $10,000, $25,000 per month... whether you go to work or not. Sounds pretty fast lane to me, and sales personal trainers can hook you up with those kind of situations. The best thing about this is that if you're working B2B sales, then you can probably do this work over the phone, which means you can do it from anywhere in the world.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.