The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION Goodbye B2C, Hello B2B

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

LittleMissFancy

Contributor
Sep 8, 2014
Hi All,

I recently got out of the restaurant business after starting it from the ground up and acting as an owner operator for almost a decade. While the restaurant was a great way for me to learn about business and gave me something to dive head first into wholeheartedly in my mid 20's, it wasn't something I could fastlane and the restaurant business in my estimation is a work harder not smarter endeavor, it didn't align with what I personally wanted in life.

The forum randomly popped into my head about a month ago after having been absent for quite awhile. I always enjoyed reading your stories of failures (or learning opportunities rather), successes and just general hustle, drive and creativity. I popped onto the forum to see that:
1) MJ had published a new book (currently half way through Unscripted and loving it!)
2) The Jack Edwards thread had come to a close (I really enjoyed following along his journey)
3) The forum is still active and teeming with quality info and ideas

As for my next move in the entrepreneurial world, I have identified a B2B service in a sector that I believe is currently hugely underserved and have been working to build the business. I'm toying with the idea of chronicling the business development in a progress thread as a way to stay motivated, accountable and also as a way for others to ride along the journey. Cheers to success! :peace:

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

rollerskates

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
There are quite a few B2B service opportunities out there. For sure you should chronicle your success. And good luck! I used to run a restaurant in my 20s and I don't blame you for getting out. I toyed with the idea of buying but the 15 hour days could only last so long. :clench:

OP
OP
LittleMissFancy

LittleMissFancy

Contributor
Sep 8, 2014
There are quite a few B2B service opportunities out there. For sure you should chronicle your success. And good luck! I used to run a restaurant in my 20s and I don't blame you for getting out. I toyed with the idea of buying but the 15 hour days could only last so long. :clench:
Thanks for your GL wishes! The restaurant biz isn't for the faint of heart but I'm very grateful for the experience. I think back to when I was standing over a hot fryer, mid July, a mixture of sweat and oil droplets on my face helping the kitchen because someone called off. Really keeps you humble and hungry for the fastlane :smuggy:

NMdad

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
As for my next move in the entrepreneurial world, I have identified a B2B service in a sector that I believe is currently hugely underserved and have been working to build the business. I'm toying with the idea of chronicling the business development in a progress thread as a way to stay motivated, accountable and also as a way for others to ride along the journey.
Curious to hear how things are progressing & how we can help--and how your restaurant experience is helping guide what you're doing (or doing differently) with the B2B service business.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
B2B is a whole different nut, but I think you'll like it much better than serving the general consuming public. Thanks for sharing, hope to see your EXECUTION thread grow through the years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom