The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Goodbye B2C, Hello B2B

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

LittleMissFancy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 8, 2014
Hi All,

I recently got out of the restaurant business after starting it from the ground up and acting as an owner operator for almost a decade. While the restaurant was a great way for me to learn about business and gave me something to dive head first into wholeheartedly in my mid 20's, it wasn't something I could fastlane and the restaurant business in my estimation is a work harder not smarter endeavor, it didn't align with what I personally wanted in life.

The forum randomly popped into my head about a month ago after having been absent for quite awhile. I always enjoyed reading your stories of failures (or learning opportunities rather), successes and just general hustle, drive and creativity. I popped onto the forum to see that:
1) MJ had published a new book (currently half way through Unscripted and loving it!)
2) The Jack Edwards thread had come to a close (I really enjoyed following along his journey)
3) The forum is still active and teeming with quality info and ideas

As for my next move in the entrepreneurial world, I have identified a B2B service in a sector that I believe is currently hugely underserved and have been working to build the business. I'm toying with the idea of chronicling the business development in a progress thread as a way to stay motivated, accountable and also as a way for others to ride along the journey. Cheers to success! :peace:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
There are quite a few B2B service opportunities out there. For sure you should chronicle your success. And good luck! I used to run a restaurant in my 20s and I don't blame you for getting out. I toyed with the idea of buying but the 15 hour days could only last so long. :clench:

LittleMissFancy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 8, 2014
There are quite a few B2B service opportunities out there. For sure you should chronicle your success. And good luck! I used to run a restaurant in my 20s and I don't blame you for getting out. I toyed with the idea of buying but the 15 hour days could only last so long. :clench:

Thanks for your GL wishes! The restaurant biz isn't for the faint of heart but I'm very grateful for the experience. I think back to when I was standing over a hot fryer, mid July, a mixture of sweat and oil droplets on my face helping the kitchen because someone called off. Really keeps you humble and hungry for the fastlane :smuggy:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
As for my next move in the entrepreneurial world, I have identified a B2B service in a sector that I believe is currently hugely underserved and have been working to build the business. I'm toying with the idea of chronicling the business development in a progress thread as a way to stay motivated, accountable and also as a way for others to ride along the journey.
Curious to hear how things are progressing & how we can help--and how your restaurant experience is helping guide what you're doing (or doing differently) with the B2B service business.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
B2B is a whole different nut, but I think you'll like it much better than serving the general consuming public. Thanks for sharing, hope to see your EXECUTION thread grow through the years.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.