• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION Goodbye B2C, Hello B2B

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by LittleMissFancy, Mar 27, 2019.

1. LittleMissFancy

LittleMissFancy Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $158
    Hi All,

I recently got out of the restaurant business after starting it from the ground up and acting as an owner operator for almost a decade. While the restaurant was a great way for me to learn about business and gave me something to dive head first into wholeheartedly in my mid 20's, it wasn't something I could fastlane and the restaurant business in my estimation is a work harder not smarter endeavor, it didn't align with what I personally wanted in life.

The forum randomly popped into my head about a month ago after having been absent for quite awhile. I always enjoyed reading your stories of failures (or learning opportunities rather), successes and just general hustle, drive and creativity. I popped onto the forum to see that:
    1) MJ had published a new book (currently half way through Unscripted and loving it!)
    2) The Jack Edwards thread had come to a close (I really enjoyed following along his journey)
    3) The forum is still active and teeming with quality info and ideas

As for my next move in the entrepreneurial world, I have identified a B2B service in a sector that I believe is currently hugely underserved and have been working to build the business. I'm toying with the idea of chronicling the business development in a progress thread as a way to stay motivated, accountable and also as a way for others to ride along the journey. Cheers to success! :peace:

ZF Lee, Roz, rynor and 2 others like this.
  2. jesseissorude

jesseissorude Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,724
  3. rollerskates

rollerskates Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,900
    There are quite a few B2B service opportunities out there. For sure you should chronicle your success. And good luck! I used to run a restaurant in my 20s and I don't blame you for getting out. I toyed with the idea of buying but the 15 hour days could only last so long. :clench:

LittleMissFancy likes this.
  4. LittleMissFancy

LittleMissFancy Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $158
    Thanks for your GL wishes! The restaurant biz isn't for the faint of heart but I'm very grateful for the experience. I think back to when I was standing over a hot fryer, mid July, a mixture of sweat and oil droplets on my face helping the kitchen because someone called off. Really keeps you humble and hungry for the fastlane :smuggy:

5. NMdad

NMdad Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,728
    Curious to hear how things are progressing & how we can help--and how your restaurant experience is helping guide what you're doing (or doing differently) with the B2B service business.

LittleMissFancy likes this.
  6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,721
    Admin Post
    B2B is a whole different nut, but I think you'll like it much better than serving the general consuming public. Thanks for sharing, hope to see your EXECUTION thread grow through the years.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.