The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Good to be here!

ohlepse

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 23, 2022
Porto, Portugal
Hi, after reading Unscripted I really felt curiosity regarding this forum and to be honest, I was not expecting that it would be so good. It’s really cool to see so many frequent users and how easy it is to find so many detailed success stories in some click-distance.

I’m from Portugal and from the IT landscape, most specifically from Big Data and Artificial Intelligence area. I work primarily on forecasting problems, to predict price elasticities of products, allowing the maximization of the contribution margins, and also other topics regarding reducing operations costs (stock optimization, volume allocation, etc) for one of the biggest European publicly traded companies.

From society's point of view, I could be considered someone successful in life, with a stable life, cool and well-paying job, but Unscripted opened my eyes to something that I was already afraid of… I’m doing temporal prostitution. I’m selling my freedom for a certain amount of $ per hour.

Until now, the more promotions I got, the more time I spend working, therefore, the less freedom I have. It’s the perfect analogy to the hamster spinning the wheel and I hate it.

I’m not sure how I will shift from temporal prostitution to a full entrepreneurship life, from my point of view, I might be “too specialized” to launch a scalable business in my area of expertise, but let’s see what the future holds!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
686%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
Hi, after reading Unscripted I really felt curiosity regarding this forum and to be honest, I was not expecting that it would be so good. It’s really cool to see so many frequent users and how easy it is to find so many detailed success stories in some click-distance.

I’m from Portugal and from the IT landscape, most specifically from Big Data and Artificial Intelligence area. I work primarily on forecasting problems, to predict price elasticities of products, allowing the maximization of the contribution margins, and also other topics regarding reducing operations costs (stock optimization, volume allocation, etc) for one of the biggest European publicly traded companies.

From society's point of view, I could be considered someone successful in life, with a stable life, cool and well-paying job, but Unscripted opened my eyes to something that I was already afraid of… I’m doing temporal prostitution. I’m selling my freedom for a certain amount of $ per hour.

Until now, the more promotions I got, the more time I spend working, therefore, the less freedom I have. It’s the perfect analogy to the hamster spinning the wheel and I hate it.

I’m not sure how I will shift from temporal prostitution to a full entrepreneurship life, from my point of view, I might be “too specialized” to launch a scalable business in my area of expertise, but let’s see what the future holds!
Welcome.....Specialized isn't always a bad thing. You may have truly unique insights on how to fix problems outside of your field because of the experience in your field. There is always overlap.

You also don't have to view scale as always being a very large number. Making a million dollars from a $10 profits takes selling 100,000 units. Making a million dollars on a $25,000 product or contract, only takes 40 units. Specialized solutions for niche fields are generally on the more expensive end for businesses and they are very willing to pay....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...