The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Good Motivational Speakers, Tapes, DVDs, etc.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Hey guys I am really enjoying sharing the information that is going on here. I frequently listen to positive motivational CDs while I work out.

Lately I have listened to "The Richest Man in Babylon", "The Power of Positive Thinking" by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, and "Staying Up, Up, Up, in a down, down, world" by Zig Ziglar. I also keep some subliminal positive energy CDs from Alphasonics playing in the backgorund most of the day.

What or who do you guys listen to?:cheers:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
My three favorites are Zig Ziglar, Anthony Robbins and Les Brown. I have known Les for over 10 years now. We where actually in business together many years ago.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
OMG, Peter you know Les Brown? I love him and I consider his earliest book "Live Your Dreams" one of my all time favorites that spurned my belief that I could achieve anything.

Les seems like a man of great integrity unlike some of these other gurus who have their sights set on your pocketbook.

Back on topic: Tony Robbins is awesome -- just his voice is motivating. Les Brown (have his tapes too) and Joel Osteen (more Christian / Religious)

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
haven't heard it on tape, but the book "Think and Grow Rich" was a great book. actually just reminded myself I wanted to read it again so I think I'll buy the tape now for my next road trip:smx9:

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
OMG, Peter you know Les Brown? I love him and I consider his earliest book "Live Your Dreams" one of my all time favorites that spurned my belief that I could achieve anything.

Les seems like a man of great integrity unlike some of these other gurus who have their sights set on your pocketbook.

I agree with the Live Your Dreams book. It is awesome. Les is a really great down to earth guy that likes to give and contribute without thinking about the almighty dollar.

I remember the time when even though he was fighting cancer, (He was eating only raw vegetables and I always told him about the great sushi and steak I had last night. He hated that. :rofl:) he would fly to Florida just to give a seminar that I set up at a very poor church here. He asked nothing other than having his airfare and hotel paid. Actually, he did not ask for anything, but I offered.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Oh boy...

I listen to just about anything.

I will go out onto ebay and half.com and blow (um, I mean invest) a few $100 on a variety of audiobooks.
I never travel anywhere without listening.

I have listened to any number of fictions, autobiographies, etc.

I do frequent searches for Nightingale-Conant audio series.
Some are great. Others, not so good.
But I usually pick something up from every one.

Right now I'm listening to Stephen King (I'm related)...The Dark Tower.
But I've also got a couple REI tapes in the car too.
Right now, it is Dolf DeRoos and Carlton Sheets.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Bob, you are gonna have to share some of those REI tapes with me!!!

I listen to many diff things (hey, 45 minutes commute has to be useful for something) but mostly is about REI stuff. I don't listen to motivational stuff that often as learning more about REI motivates me right away. Just talking about deals makes me extremely happy and focused and just want to make one more deal.

michael515

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 27, 2007
Les Brown - :iagree: "Live Your Dreams" Audio is a must.

Tony Robbins - "Lesson's in Mastery" .

Napeoleon Hill - "Master key to Riches".

The movie "Rudy".

"Unstoppable" by Cynthia Kersey - 45 true short stories of people overcoming great odds. One is perhaps the most motivational stories I've ever heard in my life.

Biographies on old time entreneurs like Andrew Carnegie (A&E Biography), Rockefeller (Titan audiobook), J. Paul Getty, Benjamin Franklin (PBS DVD's), etc.. Also, DVD's by PBS on the great depression make me realize how great we have it living in the US now.

Case studies (business and personal) - huge for strategy which gives me motivation because I feel I have more tactical knowledge as a result. Knowing others have found success through struggle and what exactly they did makes the real-life case studies very powerful in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Anything Tony Robbins. I friggin love that guy! I have listened to everything he's ever put out like 100 times. I truly believe that knowledge isn't power- application of knowledge is power. So, when I find myself stuck in neutral I go listen to some Tony and immediately apply what he says.

I also listen to everything Kiyosaki. Again, I learn something new or am reminded of something great everytime.

I just recently discovered Joel Osteen, and his messages are pretty right on too. He spoke the other night about how he got to where he is today, and a lot of it had to do with visualization and the absolute belief that he could and would be hugely successful spreading the word.

I think the bottom line with all these guys is that you have to envision yourself at a greater place than where you are and take massive action to make it happen.

...On a side note, I first discovered Tony Robbins on my first day working as a Realtor. A Robbins rep came in to talk to us about signing up for one of Tony's seminars and although I didn't, I noticed that all the successful people in the room were interested in Tony Robbins and ordered a lot of his stuff. All the unsuccessful people didn't. ...I got home and ordered it all off ebay! Sorry Tony :) Pretty telling, huh?

FT1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 15, 2007
My favorite speakers: Les Brown, Jim Rohn, Tony Robbins, John Assaraf.

My favorite audio program is Jim Rohn's Take Charge of your Life (CDs), which can be purchased through Nightangale-Conant.

cantwait2

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
716%
Aug 15, 2007
-
I think motivational taps are great to a point. I've listened to loads of them and learnt a lot. I was part of the anthony robbins forum many years ago but felt that many people there would do nothing but talk.

They were Gunna's

Gunna do this, gunna do that.

All I would say as my 2c is that listen to the content and then move on something. I looked back at the forum a year ago and the same names were on therewith 10-15k posts still talk'n the same talk.

Must move to feel the grove :hurray: :hurray: :banana:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
:iagree: I definitely agree. I listen to the tapes to keep me going in the right direction. They just get me all fired up and seem to help me be more confident in taking risks.:cheers:

RAiMA

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 24, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Great thread :) It's always good to see what others are listening to :)

I've listened to quite a bit:

Anthony Robbins - Unlimited Power, Awaken the giant within, get the edge, and some others
Jim Rohn
Zig Ziglar
Rhonda Byrne - The Secret
Jack Canfield - The Success Principles
Robert Kyosaki - How to become Rich
John Assaraf
Jamie McIntrye
John Burely
Captain Coffee
Jay Abraham
Corey Rudl (RIP)
The Warren Buffet Way

They're just some of the stuff I can remember.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.