The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Good idea to simply take a journey into execution?

Idea threads

FriscoJP

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 23, 2017
Florida
My story: after a half-hearted run at FBA from August-October of last year, negative interactions with Chinese suppliers led me to an 8-month tailspin of reading >60 books and doing a 3 1/2 week adventure around Europe. Granted - I wouldn't trade this time for anything, and I've become a radically improved person in the process. However, I also realize that self-development has become a crutch. When I get stuck on business, I run away into expanding my thinking.

I'm considering simply picking the first tenable business idea I can find and running with it. I was inspired by the linked post in this thread: Post your product opportunities at Amazon

I have several ideas I could run with:

- Anything posted in the above Amazon thread (desktop organizers, underwear, allergy packs)
- Self-development coaching (I've got an idea for a minor differentiation on this) (not fastlane)
- Corporate communications consulting (not fastlane)

And while none of these seem to really check the boxes for a home-run idea, they'd get me into the mode of executing something rather than ruminating in my head.

So. Good idea to simply take a journey into execution? Or bad idea to hand myself over to ideas I know up front are unlikely to be the magical golden gumball?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I am doing the same except im not using an idea for Amazon, i am going to run with it for a while i have a few ideas of how to execute, only so much i can do at this stage until i get another job then I can start buying stock etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.