The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Good evening :)

Lovecraft

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 24, 2011
Hey everyone.

I'm a broke college student, majoring in Mandarin Chinese. Had vague long term plans of becoming a translator or something, but was kind of disillusioned by the whole prospect of 'life after college' due to it sounding so boring and constricting.

Stumbled across the Fastlane book by accident a few weeks ago, and the advice really resonated with me. I'd dreamed of going into business when I was little, but as I got older the image of the crusty, out of touch businessman sort of put me off. However the book and subsequent forum lurking made me realise that going into business is the closest thing to freedom that modern society affords us, and ignoring that would be pretty stupid. Especially considering the alternative. :smxF:

I'd had ideas for a few websites previously, but never got past the 'yeah that sounds cool' stage. Now I have about 30% of the code in place, and am currently figuring out a plan as to how the rest of the site will fit together.

Incidentally: while researching how to create my website I uncovered a need for a piece of software that doesn't yet exist. Unfortunately I can't code, which would originally have put me off. However I remembered that chapter with the faux painting story, and basically kicked my a$$ into studying a programming language. So for the past two weeks I've been hardcore studying Python, working on the project as I go. This software is my current long-term fastlane project, as I believe it has huge potential. I feel shy about saying what it is due to it sounding ridiculous, but we'll soon see how it works out. :smug2:

So yeah, I look forward to hanging out here with you guys. I'm glad to be part of this community.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mrhahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 21, 2011
San Diego
Welcome! Props to you for actually trying to learn a new programming language. I'll be awaiting the reveal of your new software.

traxxer

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 30, 2011
Hi there,

Try reading this book - available from Amazon "Made Poorly in China" - may give you some fresh ideas to your advantage since you know Mandarin Chinese.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So for the past two weeks I've been hardcore studying Python, working on the project as I go. This software is my current long-term fastlane project, as I believe it has huge potential.

Good for you! Glad to cya taking action!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...