The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Golding Gold Threads...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So I am starting to tag certain threads GOLD so they can easily be found as the forum grows (and as the thread get's older). A common issue over the years has been some of the greatest threads, as they get older, start to sink and become buried in the mass. The GOLD in the thread is then lost, seemingly forever.

The Gold Thread tag is designed to fix this problem. As the GOLD threads accumulate, I'll be able to create a fast link which displays all of them, regardless of date. You can also search by tag prefix under the Advanced Search function.

So...

As for what makes a GOLD thread?

A GOLD thread is a thread that contains great learning content and exemplifies a Fastlane process.

For now, my mental map of what makes a thread GOLD is the following:

1) Shows a considerable process, often taking not days or weeks, but months, and heck, sometimes YEARS. (Some of the INSIDE Gold threads are 1 year+ in the making.)

2) Shows considerable hurdles and obstacles that are overcome. Entrepreneurship is about problem solving and clearing obstacles. If they solution you're solving is so easy to solve that anyone could solve it in a few minutes, you're probably not solving any problem at all. As I like to say, "the difficulty is what your doing IS the opportunity."

3) The idea and the process behind it has been validated by some sort of testing, feedback surveys, pre-orders, etc.

4) Sales - usually the last marker I use to test if something goes GOLD is actual sales after launch. This point in the process is where things start to get exciting as the market starts to interact with your business and it's solution. While you don't need a lot of sales, a sale indicates "THERE IS A NEED AND YOU HAVE SOLVED IT, AND EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATED THE NEED".​

These are just some of the milestones I use to determine if a thread should go GOLD. Of course, ANY thread of great value can go GOLD. The main element we are looking for is value, education, process steps, and even mindset shifts.

If you think a thread should be tagged GOLD, please TAG ME (or a mod) and mention it. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of threads on this forum which slip by my attention and I don't read.

Thanks a bunch!
~ MJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
That will be a nice filter for good content, good job.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.