The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Give Me Feedback on my Web App (Demo)

D

DeletedUser397

Hi all, been a while since I've posted here. Just been super busy with projects, day trading, job, etc. I've got this web app that I've been building for the past few months, and it's almost done. I made a thread back in September about this.

I initially thought this would be a piece-of-cake to build, but it turned out a lot more challenging than I'd anticipated. At this point, it's done except for the payment/checkout part. There's some bugs that I still need to fix, but for the most part it should work well across Firefox, IE, etc.

With that said, please dive in, try to register and check out the search history, suggestions (not that great of a feature yet), etc. and let me know your thoughts on usability, design/colors/look, overall usefulness, etc. And lastly, how much of a price would you be willing to pay to have this tool register all the available usernames and domains for you, in a timespan of about 30min-1hr?

NameScoop (beta)

Thanks for any comments/feedback/criticism etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

townhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Feb 21, 2012
London
Cool idea. I like it, and can see myself using it at some point rather than signing up manually. As far as price is concerned id say $9.95 would make sense for me considering the price of a domain name (for some reason im comparing the value of a good .com domain to 10 os so related social media usernames). Maybe $14.95 at a push.

Although that seems fair, people will be thinking emotionally rather than rationally valuing how much my time would be worth and how much the service saves. Perhaps split test a few prices and see which would result in the highest revenue (optimize: price*conversion rate). If you know about price elasticity from economics youll know what i mean.

Youd have to factor in that it isnt really between saving someone the time of filling in 50 forms or when perhaps they only realy care about using 10 or so of the social media sites (facebook, twitter, youtube + few others).

Also a data-entry freelancer could do a similar job for less when you begin approaching $15-20, but then again, it really takes away the hastle involved.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
The app is designed really well, Rep++ for that!

However... I don't see the real *need* that it fulfills as it is. It's really *cool*, but I'm not sure that people will pay for something that's just cool.

D

DeletedUser397

Cool idea. I like it, and can see myself using it at some point rather than signing up manually. As far as price is concerned id say $9.95 would make sense for me considering the price of a domain name (for some reason im comparing the value of a good .com domain to 10 os so related social media usernames). Maybe $14.95 at a push.

Although that seems fair, people will be thinking emotionally rather than rationally valuing how much my time would be worth and how much the service saves. Perhaps split test a few prices and see which would result in the highest revenue (optimize: price*conversion rate). If you know about price elasticity from economics youll know what i mean.

Youd have to factor in that it isnt really between saving someone the time of filling in 50 forms or when perhaps they only realy care about using 10 or so of the social media sites (facebook, twitter, youtube + few others).

Also a data-entry freelancer could do a similar job for less when you begin approaching $15-20, but then again, it really takes away the hastle involved.

Hey thanks a lot, appreciate the feedback and ideas about pricing, that helps. That was really well thought-out. Good ideas that I'll be thinking about.

The app is designed really well, Rep++ for that!

However... I don't see the real *need* that it fulfills as it is. It's really *cool*, but I'm not sure that people will pay for something that's just cool.

Appreciate the feedback and reps. I understand what you mean as far as a real "need" and after I started building this I realized it's probably not going to be marketable to a lot of people. But I just felt like I should at least finish what I started.

Tarheelfan2009

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 15, 2012
Looks great and works nice! Great job on following through. Since I have multiple usernames set up across various social networks I could see myself possibly using it one day if I wanted to consolidate to just one.

HsrJames

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 29, 2009
Akron, Ohio
when I type in a username and hit enter it will reset. Currently I have to click "Check It". You might want to work around that. But I think its a very useful concept.

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
It works perfectly! One thing I noticed is that when I clicked the link on the post and was on the site, I had to think what it does. Maybe explaining and emphasizing that.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I don't think you should charge any more than a couple dollars. Any more and you'll probably scare a lot of people away.

Great work though! Looks Good. Good Luck with it!

Bowden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 29, 2010
TAMPA, FL
Nice app! I could see myself using this because every website I make, I also sign up with the same name on SM sites. It would save a lot of time to know if the name I wanted is already taken instead of trying to register on the site and finding out. With that being said, I don't see myself paying more than a few bucks a month for it.

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US
I agree with Zen, give it away free. In this current tech/mobile/social bubble the main component for the valuations of the companies i.e. instagram, evernote, etc. is the userbase and not the actual revenue brought in. If you were to monetize it, just have ads on the sides. This app is almost like a godaddy for usernames. Great idea.

sam22

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 23, 2012
California
Awesome idea and great execution! Where are the social sharing buttons so I can easily share this with my friends? :)

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012

joona

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 1, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
Yeah, it is pretty cool. For internet marketers and such that is definitely useful.

I agree with few others - give it away free. BUT, you could and probably should use your affiliate link automatically when registering domain names.

Won't make you a millionaire, but you'll most likely earn something :)

DavLung

Really Fast Tricycle
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 4, 2012
California
hey this is pretty sweet. I probably wouldn't pay for it b/c I only use a very select few of social networks but that's just me. Maybe use affiliate links somehow as mentioned above. Also, it would be nice if there was a clickable link to the site in the pop-up. And, the ability to choose which ones I want to sign up for, not just all of them (maybe just clicking on the check-marks to exclude).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.