The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Gift idea

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 26, 2007
I had originally posted this idea under MJ's "Ultimate Gift" movie thread, but thought it might be more of a conversation starter here.

As the holiday season approaches, and most of us find ourselves in that weird position of giving co-workers/employees/out-of-state family some sort of gift or gift card to show that we are thinking of them. Usually this gift is anywhere from $20-$100 which means (if you're like me) you run out to the store and grab a bottle of wine or chocolates or a scarf- or all three! ...But what if you were to give a gift that would really make a person smile and felt really personal? Here's my idea, and what I'm going to be doing with friends and co-workers and out-of-state family from now on, (and about half of them are going to do the same!) We are going to email each other with a list of our favorite non-profits and then the person giving the gift will donate time, money or both to the charity as a gift to that person. ...So for example, my charities are the humane society and hospice. I asked my mom to just send me a nice card detailing what she did for each charity- as well as an updated photo of herself. Doing this helps so many people...warm fuzzies all around!

Would donating time/money to a charity in lieu of a gift appeal to you? ...It could also just be part of a gift, for those of you (like my husband) who are banking on a new treadmill and ipod for Christmas! :)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 26, 2007
lol- Whatever works! ...The idea of giving something valuable (time) to a good cause has somehow morphed to include an ugly Christmas sweater contest (I think that thought was to spend less on a gift, but only in my family would someone link up the two ideas!). The whole premise to the ugly Christmas sweater idea is that you can't spend more than $10 on a sweater, but you do have creative license to decorate it however you want. I can't wait! Now, I just need to find about 1000 jingle bells, 100 red bows, 50 little green tree air fresheners (pine scented of course) and some flashing lights, and I'm all set!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
I read it yesterday, looks like a nice introduction for reading TFM or Unscripted. ; ) Also...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom