• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC Gift idea

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by yveskleinsky, Nov 24, 2007.

1. yveskleinsky

yveskleinsky Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,743
    I had originally posted this idea under MJ's "Ultimate Gift" movie thread, but thought it might be more of a conversation starter here.

As the holiday season approaches, and most of us find ourselves in that weird position of giving co-workers/employees/out-of-state family some sort of gift or gift card to show that we are thinking of them. Usually this gift is anywhere from $20-$100 which means (if you're like me) you run out to the store and grab a bottle of wine or chocolates or a scarf- or all three! ...But what if you were to give a gift that would really make a person smile and felt really personal? Here's my idea, and what I'm going to be doing with friends and co-workers and out-of-state family from now on, (and about half of them are going to do the same!) We are going to email each other with a list of our favorite non-profits and then the person giving the gift will donate time, money or both to the charity as a gift to that person. ...So for example, my charities are the humane society and hospice. I asked my mom to just send me a nice card detailing what she did for each charity- as well as an updated photo of herself. Doing this helps so many people...warm fuzzies all around!

Would donating time/money to a charity in lieu of a gift appeal to you? ...It could also just be part of a gift, for those of you (like my husband) who are banking on a new treadmill and ipod for Christmas! :)

2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $403,444
    Admin Post
    I'm giving all my closest friends and relatives donations in their name to "The Human Fund".:rofl:

3. yveskleinsky

yveskleinsky Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,743
    lol- Whatever works! ...The idea of giving something valuable (time) to a good cause has somehow morphed to include an ugly Christmas sweater contest (I think that thought was to spend less on a gift, but only in my family would someone link up the two ideas!). The whole premise to the ugly Christmas sweater idea is that you can't spend more than $10 on a sweater, but you do have creative license to decorate it however you want. I can't wait! Now, I just need to find about 1000 jingle bells, 100 red bows, 50 little green tree air fresheners (pine scented of course) and some flashing lights, and I'm all set!

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.