Hi there
I'm a new member and just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm from Melbourne, Australia and just read the book. I've read a lot of books on small business, entrepreneurship amoung other things. I've always wanted to do something in this space for a long time but I guess I fell for the Slowlane mentality. All about climbing the corporate ladder. A stint in Big Four. Current day job is in a bank.
My background is in IT - mostly IT security so I'm pretty tech savvy. I even completed my MBA. Oddly enough the MBA was never about climbing the corporate ladder but more of a backup plan and give me a bit more confidence before going out on my own. I retrospect I should have just started this a whole lot sooner. I don't regret the MBA though as it was one of the best things I've ever done.
But my dayjob (apart from chaning me to a desk) is definitely not as much fun as it once was, is a source of stress and now causing health problems. I've also got a strong background in fitness/health and martial arts. Got a partner who is a personal trainer and two kids who are my reasons for wanting to take the Fastlane. This year I'm looking to build a business with my partner who is also onboard with the journey.
Anyway just wanted to say this book is one of the best I've read in this space and plan on being an active member of the community.
Cheers.
PS: Top books apart from MJ's I've read that this community may like I've read recently (if this isn't captured somewhere already) are The Lean Startup, Six Months to Six Figures and The 10X Rule.
I'm a new member and just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm from Melbourne, Australia and just read the book. I've read a lot of books on small business, entrepreneurship amoung other things. I've always wanted to do something in this space for a long time but I guess I fell for the Slowlane mentality. All about climbing the corporate ladder. A stint in Big Four. Current day job is in a bank.
My background is in IT - mostly IT security so I'm pretty tech savvy. I even completed my MBA. Oddly enough the MBA was never about climbing the corporate ladder but more of a backup plan and give me a bit more confidence before going out on my own. I retrospect I should have just started this a whole lot sooner. I don't regret the MBA though as it was one of the best things I've ever done.
But my dayjob (apart from chaning me to a desk) is definitely not as much fun as it once was, is a source of stress and now causing health problems. I've also got a strong background in fitness/health and martial arts. Got a partner who is a personal trainer and two kids who are my reasons for wanting to take the Fastlane. This year I'm looking to build a business with my partner who is also onboard with the journey.
Anyway just wanted to say this book is one of the best I've read in this space and plan on being an active member of the community.
Cheers.
PS: Top books apart from MJ's I've read that this community may like I've read recently (if this isn't captured somewhere already) are The Lean Startup, Six Months to Six Figures and The 10X Rule.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
