Hi, I'm a single parent with a full time job and I'm looking to make this a little better financially for me and my daughter and I'm really interested in utilizing velocity banking but I have some question on how and IF it will work for us. So here some of my questions and issues:
Accessing cash from the credit line and paying money back to the credit line:
I was hoping I could open a line of credit and just have my paycheck automatically direct deposited into my credit line account while at the same time have all of my bill auto draft from my credit line account or use an online bill pay system that will automatically send the money for my bills from my credit line. This would allow me to use my cred line account to replace my bank account and allow me to utilize velocity banking as the benefit and reason for doing so. I called my local bank and I was told that I would have to move money back and forth through the phone/computer/app to and from my checking/saving account to my cred line account. This would be very troublesome as I wouldn't even be able to run to the store without estimating how much money I'm going to spend and then manually sending money over before a simple act like getting groceries or filling up gas, and I would have to remember every little auto draft like Netflix, how much and when and make sure that I had sent enough money, one time, from my cred line to my checking account. Does anyone know a work around for this? Is there an institution that would allow me to spend money/pay bill directly from my cred line account and via Debit Card, Bill Pay, Auto Draft, etc... and would also allow me to direct deposit into that credit line account? Thanks.
Paying Back on the Credit Line:
If I were to open a credit line with an available $5000 and put my entire paycheck into the credit line every two weeks (roughly $1200 every two weeks) and pay all of my bills out of that cred line, how could I use velocity banking to chunk my car or mortgage payment? If I were to chunk $2000 principal only towards my car for instance, how would that work when it comes to continues to use my credit line for my regular bill, groceries, gas, etc... and putting my paycheck into the cred line, how would that $2000 be getting paid down and back? Thanks again.
Accessing cash from the credit line and paying money back to the credit line:
I was hoping I could open a line of credit and just have my paycheck automatically direct deposited into my credit line account while at the same time have all of my bill auto draft from my credit line account or use an online bill pay system that will automatically send the money for my bills from my credit line. This would allow me to use my cred line account to replace my bank account and allow me to utilize velocity banking as the benefit and reason for doing so. I called my local bank and I was told that I would have to move money back and forth through the phone/computer/app to and from my checking/saving account to my cred line account. This would be very troublesome as I wouldn't even be able to run to the store without estimating how much money I'm going to spend and then manually sending money over before a simple act like getting groceries or filling up gas, and I would have to remember every little auto draft like Netflix, how much and when and make sure that I had sent enough money, one time, from my cred line to my checking account. Does anyone know a work around for this? Is there an institution that would allow me to spend money/pay bill directly from my cred line account and via Debit Card, Bill Pay, Auto Draft, etc... and would also allow me to direct deposit into that credit line account? Thanks.
Paying Back on the Credit Line:
If I were to open a credit line with an available $5000 and put my entire paycheck into the credit line every two weeks (roughly $1200 every two weeks) and pay all of my bills out of that cred line, how could I use velocity banking to chunk my car or mortgage payment? If I were to chunk $2000 principal only towards my car for instance, how would that work when it comes to continues to use my credit line for my regular bill, groceries, gas, etc... and putting my paycheck into the cred line, how would that $2000 be getting paid down and back? Thanks again.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
