The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting started, so excited and need your help.

Furles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 29, 2020
Poland
Hey guys!

I am new here, just read the TMF book (again) and yesterday I discovered this forum and it sucked me in and I'm reading everything I can, like crazy.

Anyway, I'm 20 years old, from Poland (Wrocław for anyone interested). Living with my parents and looking for opportunities to start my own business, so I can enjoy my life more. I'm super pumped and excited to be here and learn from all of you. I'm embarrassed by myself, because I was thinking and dreaming of having my own business since I was like 16 and I didn't do anything about that except reading books, watching videos of some fake gurus etc. Hopefully I will break the chains by this post and start doing something to make my life better and more enjoyable.

I'm looking forward to hear from all of you and learn from your advices. I know what life I want to have and I don't want to work for anyone else, because it would be killing me and I'm really desperate and motivated. I don't have much money to start with, but I can work hard as hell to get where I wanna get.

To all of you reading this, what advice you'd offer to somebody like me, that's looking to start this journey?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Furles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 29, 2020
Poland
Fail Fast... a lesson I wish I'd learned more quickly! :thumbsup:
Thank you :)

I’d love to create my own execution thread and get some guidance and advices. My biggest problem atm is not knowing what to start. I’m also trying to find out if I should start something for Polish people, or should I try going worldwide.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
I would stay local, cut your teeth and go from there.

Think of Rock Bands or Comedians.

They mainly at school, then went around pubs and clubs working out there thing by trial and error.

If their offerings were well received and they started to build an audience they then got traction and went from there.

All the way up to The Rolling Stones playing to millions of people live in one go once.

Business is not much different.

Branson worked on his School Newspaper, then decided Students need a National One which led to sourcing records completely by accident, etc etc all the way up to Virgin Group you know today.

At each stage of growth be open to the opportunity that will inevitably rear its head.

Dan

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
Siema

Nice to read your intro Furles.

Wrocław is a great beautiful looking city.

I'm embarrassed by myself

Don't worry. It is ok and you actually have made some effort. Reading and studying is really important. It won't replace 'taking action' but when you don't know anything, how else you can learn...

what to start

Can you help someone today?

Polish people, or should I try going worldwide.

With the internet you can do/go both. Do you have any skills that you can use now? If not then what would you like to do but don't know how?

Furles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 29, 2020
Poland
Siema!

Can you help someone today?

Don’t think I can help anyone today.

With the internet you can do/go both. Do you have any skills that you can use now? If not then what would you like to do but don't know how?

I don’t have any skills that I could use right now. Out of all ideas I’ve had having my own product feels the best for me, but I have no idea what product I could sell.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Siema!

I don’t have any skills that I could use right now. Out of all ideas I’ve had having my own product feels the best for me, but I have no idea what product I could sell.

Try this: Take out a piece of paper and write down the 3-5 most annoying things in your life right now no matter how silly they sound... then go back and look at it in a month and see if an idea has started germinating... I'll bet you find something!

e.g. When I did it I got an idea for a traffic app which I'm now launching (a bare bones MVP) in about one month!

McDrummerSLR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jul 20, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
To all of you reading this, what advice you'd offer to somebody like me, that's looking to start this journey?

Hi there! I thought of my first couple ideas just by thinking about my current industry; what sorts of things are people frustrated by, what issues need a solution, etc. Starting out is the hardest part because literally almost ANYTHING could be a business idea in some form or another. So perfectly understandable to be plagued by decision fatigue where there's so many things to choose that you just end up not choosing at all. Once you have an idea or two, look into it and see what people have done before. If it already exists (be it product, software, service, etc) how can you make it better? If it doesn't exist, that could be even better if there's a large enough demand. Run it through MJ's CENTS framework and see where that takes you. If you decide that it's a good idea to pursue, from there it's up to you to put in the legwork to learn the necessary skills to take it from idea to reality. Just about anything these days can be learned online through YouTube, Udemy, etc. Good luck to you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...