What's new

Getting Product into Store Checklist

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

niftyg

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jun 22, 2013
Messages
110
Location
Vancouver Island
Rep Bank
$640
User Power: 181%
I am in the process of launching my first product and getting it right into stores. I have never done anything like this before. After some pilot runs of internet advertising I have come to the conclusion that people want a selection and not a single item, which made me think of the B&M store direction... for the reason:

I made some calls to businesses in the industry and the information summed up to the following: People want a good quality product and don't mind paying. They want it to last a good amount of time and not break down on them. The stores biggest inconvenience is customers coming in wanting to return the product, as by nature they are NON RETURNABLE.

My solution:

Offer a killer product at entry level high end price. Great warranty, and most of all, offer the stores a credit on returns (they destroy product and I credit them). I know, I know. This can backfire, but it can also allow the store to take returns which would normally be impossible which offers them incentive to carry my product. That coupled with good margins... (50% on their end). I'm just counting on this pulling in more money than it will cost me. That is what I'm selling the whole idea on, and maybe an extra idea is to even offer some sort of employee commission program. but that will come later.

Here's the plan:

1. Form a proper LLC so I don't get sued into the grave when my product inadvertently kills someone.
2. Outsource my packaging design on oDesk, preferably somebody experienced in package and instruction design. Flat rate, 300 dollars? (I want something GOOD and only to do it once), however funds are limited.
3. Place my pilot customized order and make sure everything checks up.
4. Once confirmed place my MOQ of my first customized order.
6. Get in touch with store buyers and pitch them the product.

Website is already a go and ready.

Is there anything I am glaringly missing here? I'm not entering the BEST in anything but just something that can provide solid sales and that I can keep on scaling.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O xuamf fu tviq 3 gostv.
 
Og ov nelit epz foggisipdi O jewi emsiefz fupi usfist nufogzoph qedlehoph vu e disveop iyvipv, epf vjiz jewi fupi ep ectumavi eneboph kuc. Vjot xomm vu ci vji gostv voni ug dunqmivi datvunobecomovz.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom