The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting Myself Some Action

FloppyDisque

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Aug 27, 2019
After some mind F*ckery insight was given to me, I decided I’ve finally had enough and gonna start pursuing one of my ideas. I’m gonna make it to the end product no matter what.
The product I’m trying to create is basically a better version of what is already available in my niche market. It literally only require a change in material but in doing so would result in much better functionality and would make the hobby much easier, more enjoyable. We have 2 products that we can use in the niche, the high end one cost way too much to purchase in large quantities, the low end product is cheap but does not have the functionality of the high end product. Now, what I envision my product doing is combining the best of both. I know theres a need as Ive seen other people in the niche searching for the thing I want to create.
Today, I’ve started researching materials that would fit the criteria, I spent hours on it, it drove me F*cking bonkers. Then, as I was doing my daily stretch/meditation it hit me, why don’t I just get some help? Duh! I thought I could do it all by myself but nope not even close. So I went on a forum with engineers who are expert on the area im looking for and lo and behold, someone asked the exact same question I had and someone else with a phd answered it perfectly. LESSON: put aside your stupid ego and seek help. It will save you countless hours.
Next steps I think is to search up manufacturers who can use that material and try to get a sample batch produced so I can test it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Welcome to the Forum :)

BTW love your display nick name. It reminds me 1998 year - Floppy Disk with 1.44 Mega Byte Space @ Windows 95 OS - Gold Old Days!

FloppyDisque

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Aug 27, 2019
I think something has finally clicked in my mind. I get it now. It is all so simple. It is so relaxing when you know you have done all you can towards your goal for the amount of time you’re given. So many more problems came up but I’m thrilled to work through them, I’m ecstatic about solving the problems that lies in front of me, I honestly don’t even care if I make it big or not, just this whole process of figuring things out is so exciting. Building the boat to get across the river is so much fun. I wish I can convey this feeling better than with just text.
Anyway, found a better material today. So there are 2 things I need to do next. One, I need to get prototypes 3d printed so I can futher validate and improve my product even further with actual user experience. Sent out an email to the 3d printer material to ask about compatibility, will have to wait and see if it would work with any normal printer. If its good to go, then I need to buy it, and find someone with a printer that would allow me to use it. I know someone who can design 3d stuff for me, Ill ask her to design my product, it’s pretty simple, common so it shouldn’t take too long. The main obstacle is filament compatibility and finding someone with a printer that would let me use my filament, or maybe I can just buy my own printer.
Second thing, I need to order some of that material from china manufacturers and test for quality. Its similar but not exactly the same as the 3d filament so there might be some quality issues. Problems right now is I think im gonna need to find a way somehow to turn raw material into something similar to my end product that I can carry out tests on. More research is needed.

FloppyDisque

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Aug 27, 2019
Ordered 3kg sample of the raw material today, paid 185USD for it, hopefully I didn't get scammed, welp only time will tell.
Also asked around to see if there's a fabrication service that could help me make the prototype.

Damn, the doubt demons are attacking me. Some of the concerns are if there's actually a need for this. I mean there's actually not a lot of people outright saying they need my exact product on the niche forums but it's actually kinda hidden and you have to have experience in the niche to be able to see the need. Also, it's just an improved version of what's already out there so if I can get the price low enough without killing my margins, I should be able sell it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FloppyDisque

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Aug 27, 2019
Welp I think I got ripped off. Beware of south african companies. Do your research. Luckily I only paid 263 dollars to learn this lesson.
I learned something much more valuable along the way though and I am as happy as I’ve ever been.
When you invest in something, the danger intensifies and it feels as though you are walking on a tightrope and each step brings you closer to the other side and yet each step could also be your downfall. Your spidey senses will be tingling, fear will tell you to stop and turn back, but if you keep on stepping, and just be aware of that fear, it reaches a point where something in you changes. You are no longer controlled by fear, and chaos might surround you but deep inside, you have the stillness, the confidence to face whatever life throws your way, and it’s an absolute thrill because it’s unknown, it’s a surprise.
Go on, embrace fear, for it shows the way.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.