• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

Real Estate Getting into the market

Discussion in 'Real Estate Investing' started by supraman, Aug 17, 2007.

1. supraman

supraman New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    Hi there

So iv always been keen to get into residential and commerical property investing , but recently here our market has been red hot and prices through the roof , also we have had stedily increasing interest rates. So heres the question. Where to go from here? Wait a bit to see if the market cools even more? Wait until the mortgage rates start to come down a bit? ( oh and to make it that much harder i would only be able to put a small deposit at best.

Thanks

2 people like this.
  2. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,390
    Well, first of all, welcome to the forum. I think I understand the situation you are experiencing right now, so I want to tell you that yes, it is possible, and you can do it if you work hard enough in making things happen.

I am not so sure how the mortgage market works in your country, so my first advice would be to go to your bank and ask them for what they have to offer for mortgages and what you could qualify for. Try understanding what credit is available for you so you can get an idea of what you can accomplish.

After that, start talking to real estate agents to get a better sense of the market. My recommendation is that you specialize in one particular area so you become an expert and have higher chances of success.

In any case, do not "wait". Start your education process (it is going to take a lot of time, I promise) and keep researching. If you are not doing your homework then when will you know if a house for sale is really a good deal or not?

3. supraman

supraman New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    Thanks for the welcome.

Well im certainly not affraid of a bit of hard work thats for sure. Thats a great starting point thanks.

2 people like this.
  4. MrDoctor

MrDoctor New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $47
    Don't do it.

You'll thank me later.

8 people like this.
  5. supraman

supraman New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    fancy expanding on why?

6. MrDoctor

MrDoctor New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $47
    PM me please.

1 person likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Be in the Moment Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,740
    The first thing you need to do when you are looking at a deal is decide what kind of deal it is....

CASHFLOW
    or
    CAPITAL GAIN

You are less likely to find a capital gain deal if you are at the top of a 'hot' market. If you are buying to "flip" make sure you have a plan b. What if the market turns and you are left with a house that is worth 50k less than you paid? Can you still rent it out for a break even/positive cashflow deal?

If you are able to find a deal that will cashflow, even at these prices.... then look into the future here too.... what are you expecting the rental market to do?

As RK says, a good real estate investment is one that will do well even in a down market.

2 people like this.
  8. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $183,830
    Feel free to explain it here. That's what these forums are for.

6 people like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.