The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting High PR Backlinks from Forums

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Step by step and how to get high PR backlinks to your site. Whether or not the links are within or no within your niche is totally up to you. A niche backlink may be harder to find than a non-niche one.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
STEP 1: INSTALL SEOQUAKE for FIREFOX (IE IS NO GOOD)

Install Seoquake (SeoQuake - extension for Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers) on your browser. The main feature we are using in Seoquake is their “line through no follow and no index.†This feature puts a line through any links that are no follow. The example below shows a forum in which its signatures are no follow.

attachment.php

attachment.php
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
STEP 2: FIND A FORUM

The premise behind getting this high page ranking backlinks is the use of forum signatures. Forum signatures appear at the bottom of every post you make in a forum. Now you may be thinking that everyone knows that and it’s true that most SEO do. But finding the right forum and post takes time. This is why people pay $40 for a single high PR link. When you hire link builders many of them are following these exact steps that I am teaching you here.

Go into Google or Yahoo and look for a forum related to your industry. For this ebook I am going to use “Mortgages†as my industry.

attachment.php

I select the first forum, Mortgageforum.net and find that they do not allow links in their signatures. This is not a good forum candidate.

I select the second forum Mortgagefit.com. A quick look reveals that they do allow links in signatures but they are no-follow links. See image below. This is not a forum that you want to target.

attachment.php

After going through my google results I find a forum that does not have no follow signature links. See the image below and how the signature links do not have any lines going through them. This looks like a promising forum. However, before registering and posting, you have to do some additional homework.

attachment.php
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] STEP 3: CHECKING TO SEE IF THE FORUM HAS HIGH PAGE RANKING THREADS

It makes no sense to sign up and then find out that there are no high pagerank threads to reply to. We will first find out how many high pagerank threads the forum has before signing up. This can be very time consuming, unless you have it streamlined.

Note: You can tell very quickly if the forum will be worth pursuing. Generally the forums main page’s page rank will be the highest you’ll find. If the forum is PR2, then its posts will be PR2 or less. So looking at the main URL’s page rank can help you weed out forums very quickly.

Look for a forum with at least a PR4 ranking. You will find much more high PR threads in that forum.

Go to PaRaMeter - free Google PageRank software. Monitors Google page rank. and download their PaRaMeter page rank checking software. Install it on your computer and open it.

attachment.php

When you have Parameter running. Click on Tools and Extract Urls. This will open up another window where you can enter the URL of the forum that you just found. Be sure to increase the depth to at least 2 or 3 depending on the forums directory structure.

Then hit the green arrow and parameter will start grabbing the Urls on the whole site. Most forums have tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of individual webpage. Parameter will keep going on and on. On the bottom left it will list the total Urls that it has found. When this number reaches around 500-600 click on the red stop button! If you let it go too long Parameter may freeze up.

attachment.php

Once you click stop, it takes a while to Parameter to stop. When it does, the save icon with the green diskette will become clickable. Click on this and it will take a few moments for Parameter to import all the Urls that it has found back into the main window.

Once the Urls are in the main window. Expand the menu so that it lists all the Urls and then click the green arrow. Now Parameter is check the pageranks of all the Urls on that list. This may take a while depending on how many Urls you had it find. You can click stop at any time if it’s taking too long and see its current results.

attachment.php

Now click on the PR column and sort the pages by PR. Unfortunately, in the example above there are no posts in this forum with any PR value. Many pages have PR but they are forum categories, not forum threads. This is why we do not register for a forum before this step. The above forum is a dud. Time to go find another forum.

Repeat this step until you find a suitable forum. Again, if you are looking for a forum that matches your niche this step will take a little longer. If you do not care about the forum topic, then you can easily find unlimited forums this way.

Below is a forum that has many high PR threads. Look at the 3rd URL below. That is a PR3 thread just sitting there waiting for your link.

attachment.php

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
STEP 4: Register on the forum, add signature and begin posting

I’m not going to go into detail on this because I’m assuming that most of you know how to register and post onto a forum. Remember to edit your signature to include the links that you want. Read the forum sig. rules and follow them. If you find a forum with a lot of PR4 to PR2 posts, you don’t want to get banned as this forum will become a great resource.

Many forums do not allow you to have a signature until you reach a certain number of posts. Don’t let that discourage you as you will want to keep posting on these forums that you have found anyway.

ADDITIONAL STRATEGIES

Stickys: Sticky threads tend to have around for a long time and they get a lot of traffic because they often contain great valuable information. Many outside sites will link directly to these threads also. If you can get your post on the first page of a new sticky, the chances of that post increasing in pagerank in the future is very high.

Page 1, 2, 3: Be on the lookout for multiple page threads. Parameter may return a PR4 on a thread but that is usually PR4 on the first page only. Subsequent pages usually have lower or no PR. Posting on page 2 of a PR4 thread does you no good.

PR0: Just because a thread has no page when you stumble across doesn’t mean you should post to it. If you have something to say, say it. You never know if the thread PR will increase in the future.

Potential PR threads: Some threads that are currently PR0 have a potential to increase in PR in the future. While its very difficult to predict, I’ve found that threads with high views seem to have a better chance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks! Now the not so secret secrets are revealed. I think using forum is one of the fastest way to target the right people.

Thumb up!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
man, you are giving your e-book away!!!!

Yeah, I thought about it and basically instead of spending time on my ebook (which will probably never be done), I should be spending more time on building more sites! So instead of keeping the info, I'm just going to post it on here and my blog.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Yeah, I thought about it and basically instead of spending time on my ebook (which will probably never be done), I should be spending more time on building more sites! So instead of keeping the info, I'm just going to post it on here and my blog.

Which reminds me your post today was funny, i actually already told someone else about it. VERY GOOD!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

owww too bad... I need to talk to you and few others about a nice strategy for ebooks.. well, I'll tell you when I get there anyway. Again, thanks sharing.

SEO_Vancouver

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 27, 2009
North Vancouver, BC
Absolutely awesome post. You answered exactly what I was wondering about PR flowing though Forum threads, AND provided a great resource with PaRaMeter.
I just commented on a PR3 at SitePoint. Well done.

servicefly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Sep 20, 2008
California (Southern)
Not only have I used this strategy and can contest that it works, but I will add one thing to the strategy, press releases... I'll explain, when you press release an article over the wire with a link back to the original article on your website, it accomplishes the same thing. You get to share the PR of the website now displaying your article. The only difference is you don't get to chose who posts your article right off the bat.

Great strategy and reveal, rep ++

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Not only have I used this strategy and can contest that it works, but I will add one thing to the strategy, press releases... I'll explain, when you press release an article over the wire with a link back to the original article on your website, it accomplishes the same thing. You get to share the PR of the website now displaying your article. The only difference is you don't get to chose who posts your article right off the bat.

Great strategy and reveal, rep ++

Well that is article/PR marketing that is an entire differnet form of marketing. When you article market you can not only realease it publicly but you can submit it as well.

NICK870123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 1, 2008
England
Thanks for this biophase. Im starting to build links and try and increase my PR, but initially i did not know that the sites i was using contained the "no-follow" attributes.

This will help me greatly in trying to increase page views and PR, just have to find the right forums now.

GREAT!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Seems I am having problems with Google temporarily banning me after too many requests. Perhaps if I filtered parameter traffic through random proxies I would have better luck?

Yup, i do not run into it too much. How many URL's are you letting it gather? If anything just run it through a proxie, if it gets dumped move onto another.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Around 750-1000.

I only ever do around 4-500 at a time. if anything do it in parts or on different sections of the site.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Bump... I needed the name of that tool again... ParaMeter. Very cool free tool.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.