The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Get a 1 on 1 Call with Jack Edwards and help a Kid Who Is Dying.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Mr. Edwards, just sent you my money per paypal. You are doing a great thing. Are u ok with me starting another thread inquiring about specific questions I should ask you? To be honest, I'm nervous as hell about this conversation. 1 hr is a long time. I'm not sure if I will actually start another thread but just wondering if you would be cool with that.

Don't be nervous at all. And trust me, most people i talk to think wow, we were talking for an hour, seemed like 10 minutes. Dont worry it will go fast. You can start another thread. Might give other people ideas on what questions or ideas they want to ask.

Jack.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Deki_mal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Feb 16, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
wow, just saw this thread. If im reading the post edits right you filled all the spots in under 2 hours :-\

Awesome thing you did :) definitely would have been interested if I had seen it on time

brandonrush

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 23, 2012
Louisiana
Just got off the phone with Jack and I'm still in the comprehending stages of understanding his thought process. My goal for the call was to see how he spot markets and niches to break in to, how to acquire inventory and capital without spending money out of pocket, and just figuring out his overall thought process behind it all. I left the call with a much more open mind than I went in with and already starting to spot industries to possibly enter.

Thanks again for the call and extending a helping hand to Marcus' family. $75 was a bargain for the knowledge.

Last edited:

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
Jack, not sure if you are still going to open more dates but I am very interested. Awesome thing you are doing!

drmctcher

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 14, 2009
Phoenix Metro
Just had my call with The Jack Attack!!! I feel as though I've just returned from the Twilight Zone and been re-wired!! I'd make this $75 a good habit any day.Thank You for your awesome insight and pointing me in the right direction. Look forward to chatting again soon, after a homework period.
Appreciate your efforts to help young Marcus & his family.. Hats off to @JackEdwards !! :tiphat:

Also discovered Jack & I share the same birthday!! ;)

Castaway

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Feb 15, 2014
The Woods
Jack, not sure if you are still going to open more dates but I am very interested. Awesome thing you are doing!
Not sure how I missed this but I'd pay up if you were to open any more time slots also!

If not, this is an interesting look into how you see your "angles" in every situation. :smoking:

Thanks Jack!

jpa0827

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Feb 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
seemed like 10 minutes.

Jack.

Exactly what I'm afraid of. I'm hoping to make this a fun, effective, and efficient use of time. Plus I want to hear about the new Austin racetrack if we can squeeze in the time. I gotta get out there for a race.

Last edited:

HarryR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 21, 2013
NC, USA or traveling

I just spoke with Jack for an hour. It as a great call. I got a bunch of great specific notes from the call, but the two biggest things that were really made real to me were that I need to think much much bigger, and I need to focus. i also got bunch of pointers for how to proceed with one of mymain projects. the one I will likely be focusing on.

One thing I totally forgot to ask at the end:
what sort of habits and psychological traits should an entrepreneur be working to cultivate if I want to be successful in the short-term and long-term.

Last edited:

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Just got off my call with Jack, and it was excellent. If he ever does more fundraising in the future, you should take him up on it! He gave me some great feedback about my idea, helped me overcome some mental barriers, and he is really just a great guy.

Thanks Jack.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
The saying is true if you snooze you lose! I was up at 5a working on my project feeling great cuz I was at it, at it, at it while most of the world was still asleep and around 11:30a I decided to take a power nap before I went to the grocery store- I just woke up at 1p, checked the forum- cuz it's the first thing I do when I wake up, and now I see I missed out. Womp womp

The early bird gets the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse who gets the cheese.

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
Too bad I missed out on this. Props to Jack and the board members for the kind donations.

Last edited:

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
I just finished my call with Jack. It's funny because I was very nervous to speak to him on the phone, but now after just hanging up the phone I feel like we've known each other for years.

I just want to say thank you, Jack. I feel that I've benefited TREMENDOUSLY from this phone call and you've provided me with a great amount of very useful knowledge. Your reassurance on my idea has given me the confidence to go forward with it and I can't wait to succeed.

If Jack ever does anything like this again in the future, I highly recommend it. He's not only a very knowledgable Fast Laner but he is a super great guy.

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Just to say THANKS to those who've posted after their call with Jack.

I rather just grabbed the opportunity (and will have my call with Jack this week) without a real plan of what to talk about - I think really I just want to know that Jack's just a human being too, not superhuman - anyway others' feedback is helping me focus a bit.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Great thing your doing, have my respect.

I know your sold out, but I'll send over the $ just to help whatever I can.

PMing now~

Rep+

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Looks like I missed out. If anyone cancels, or there are future dates, pencil me in please.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
One thing I totally forgot to ask at the end:
what sort of habits and psychological traits should an entrepreneur be working to cultivate if I want to be successful in the short-term and long-term.

This is straight from a conversation I had with him:

"Just make sure every day you are spending a little time working on your next big idea or product, to fix your mind.

Every day take an hour or so and think about a totally different industry, business idea. Take an idea and run through all the angles. It allows you not to think of your main biz and keep your entire mind working.
"

I really like this mindset because it ensures that your creative entrepreneurial juices are still running fresh throughout the journey. If my father adopted this mindset, his current business probably wouldn't be on the decline right now.

It also helps take stress away. When you focus on your main business 24/7, it can be bad for your overall energy at times.

Last edited:

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
"Just make sure every day you are spending a little time working on your next big idea or product, to fix your mind.

Every day take an hour or so and think about a totally different industry, business idea. Take an idea and run through all the angles. It allows you not to think of your main biz and keep your entire mind working.
"

I really like this mindset because it ensures that your creative entrepreneurial juices are still running fresh throughout the journey. If my father adopted this mindset, his current business probably wouldn't be on the decline right now.

THIS - JackEdwards and IceCreamKid - THANKS.

Olympus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Sep 11, 2010
I bet we could come up with a pretty dang good ebook that we could package up and have available for the INSIDERS based on Jack's (along with quite a few other people) advice.

Perhaps call it... "The Jack of all Trades" :)

I need to get back to throwing all this gold back into evernote!!

I haven't met you yet (see you in Houston), but I find it amazing what you will do for all the aspiring entrepreneurs. Thanks for everything!

Last edited:

PeeVee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Dec 17, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Phenomenal Call
Today I had my call with Jack and i gotta say when I hung up I felt like I had just got off the phone with Jesus. I was enlightened beyond my expectation and my mind was expanded. I have a new outlook and am seeing things through a new lens.

We talked about: my product, generating new ideas, distribution, finding investors, partnering, mentors and more.

I am (better said: was) about midway into my main business idea. I have bootstrapped much of it so I have not spent much but Jack was able to provide me a ton of value by giving me a different perspective simply because he has the experience and perspective I don't because I am still on my way to becoming a successful serial entrepreneur. Jack has been there and intimately understands just how easy it is to make money. Yes, I said easy. If you ever have an opportunity to interact with Jack you will leave the conversation saying the same thing.

By seeing my idea through a different lens he was able to view it from angles that quite frankly I hadn't thought of. Sure I had asked myself some of the same questions as began to invest my time into this idea but I failed to evaluate a few key aspects of my idea. Jack's thought process in evaluating an idea is quick, methodical and efficient. I picked up at least 10 golden nuggets as he went through my idea. I now have the perspective to understand the flaws in my business model. It's not an impossible model but there are definitely other business models that are not as complex have a quicker path to profitability.

I haven't stopped thinking about the advice since the call and am dying to spend time tonight evaluating new ideas which are coming in left and right.

There Was Fog, I didn't Even Know It & Now I Have a Different Outlook
Jack, I now think I am going to have an idea problem but that's a good thing.

jpa0827

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Feb 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Just wanted to say thanks for the call @JackEdwards ! You really opened up my eyes a lot today and it is much easier to see the opportunities all around me and the methods that can be applied to building a national brand in any industry and effectively distributing products. Through all of the examples you gave me I really see how you create great win-win-win deals and I will be applying this knowledge as I find the right opportunity. It was great getting to know a little more about you and talking about the current fart boxes of Formula 1 haha. I'm glad we agree on those horrible sounding engines. I'll see you in Houston for C&B!!

Edit: I forgot to mention that if you are nervous about your call with Jack don't be. The dude is super cool and has that old friend kinda of personality. Just a genuine guy!

Last edited:

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Well Mr Edwards realised what sort of person I am pretty quickly (introverted and retiring)...and gave me some great advice/peptalk about how I can take my tiny hobby-niche retail business and make it generate more money by turning it into a valuable community (which can of course lead to advertising revenue as well).

Some new ideas and also reminded me of things I've not been doing and things that I have never acted on. Like how dumb it is to make a sale and not do any work on turning it into more sales to the buyers' friends.

Best snapshot takeaway (in my words) - "spend an hour a day thinking about the business, working ON the business".
Yeah I knew about that, but have I been doing it?

The most gentle and inspiring kick up the backside ever and much appreciated.

(I am pretty sure you can't catch my cold via the Internet Jack - I hope not, as it's quite a rough one).

G

Guest12120

Just got off the the phone with Jack Edwards. He is the nicest guy. I didn't know what to expect from the call but I really enjoyed it (over an hour flew by) and it gave me some extra motivation to move forward with my business.
Getting validation of my idea by Jack means a lot. We also discussed what the next step should be. I am actually already working on it!

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Hate I missed this.

perdanny

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 12, 2013
Got off the the phone with Jack 2 hours ago, and boy it was fantastic, at first i was a bit nervous but shortly after
it became such a pleasant call - Jack really went above and beyond to make me comfortable.
One thing i realised is i over used limiting words during the conversation and i'm taking them out of my vocabulary.

Since i didn't have a definitive business idea, Jack suggested a simple yet brilliant formula - since i'm not living in the states (i'm from Israel),
why not borrowing ideas from the US to my home court, the ideas already validated which mean i can get funded easily showing a proven concept an business model and i can eliminate risk for me and the investors - simple right?!

Just don't forget to do your homework, don't act out of stupidity, know the industry beforehand, call competitors, potential clients and ask the right questions!

Not sure why offline business never made sense for me, after all - offline businesses are like Tim Duncan, he might look boring but he can deliver.

I wish all the best to Marcus and his family, i'm glad i could be part of it, and thank you Jack for your time and effort it was brilliant.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.