The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gen Z & Future Novels, Fiction, Music, Story Telling.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I just want to hear the voice of Gen Z from their perspective. What needs to change in Novels, Fiction, Music, and Story Telling in the future. List some informational products in these Niches that you feel needs to change and why? I already hear you. I just want to know how it makes a better world for future generations. What's your vision for the future.

My idea would be the words have an impact on the emotional and mental well being of society as a whole group. We both know that words have an impact on society. By social groups, cultures, religion, ethnic groups, race, age, and there's a reason why you're going after the content. Let's hear your voice! How do we change words to impact a better future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
I just want to hear the voice of Gen Z from their perspective. What needs to change in Novels, Fiction, Music, and Story Telling in the future.
I might not be the true voice of Gen Z, but what I think needs to change is to cut the bs and get straight to the point. I think it's because most of Gen Z has a very short attention span

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I might not be the true voice of Gen Z, but what I think needs to change is to cut the bs and get straight to the point. I think it's because most of Gen Z has a very short attention span
Thank you. That helps hearing the point of view of the younger Generation. I agree. In the past as Gen X, growing up people beat around the bush, were afraid to speak their authentic truth, avoided conversation, escaped conflict, were afraid to voice their opinion, and express themselves in my community anyway.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Thank you. That helps hearing the point of view of the younger Generation. I agree. In the past as Gen X, growing up people beat around the bush, were afraid to speak their authentic truth, avoided conversation, escaped conflict, were afraid to voice their opinion, and express themselves in my community anyway.
We would've been worse than Gen X, if it wasn't for social media, which is the voice of the oppressed. We get to know about what people have to say from different parts of the world. I don't use social media very much because it backfires and suddenly you'd be changing your opinions and perspectives every day, which I personally think is what exhausts a person mentally.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
We would've been worse than Gen X, if it wasn't for social media, which is the voice of the oppressed. We get to know about what people have to say from different parts of the world. I don't use social media very much because it backfires and suddenly you'd be changing your opinions and perspectives every day, which I personally think is what exhausts a person mentally.
True in what you say. In my observational research from 2008-2021 I have seen this even in the feeds on one topic. You can actually see the difference in awareness. Last year you could technically see this with the protests, Covid, and the speed of content. Which I just turned it off, because it was crazy how you could see the social groups being influenced and impacted.

As one leader I watched had tremendous influence in my home state, and I pointed this out and I was band since they had an agenda. It was interesting watching people jump on the band wagon. Although, you watch the consequences of the social groups it tends to mislead individuals.

We are naturally born to be a part of a social group. Although, the leader of the group has a major influence. As you take on the belief systems, theory, concept, or idea without always recognizing what they're getting themselves into in the experience until it's too late.

We can say the same for social groups online. Rarely, do they recognize the influence and the cause and effect it has on the outcome of their family life, romantic/sexual relationships, finances, or parenting.

It has it's pro's and con's since we are able to communicate effectively if we choose too in a dignified manner. While there is the negative side as we have both pointed out.

There is mental exhaustion, emotions being manipulated, and what you already pointed out. This is why I decided to switch to fiction/fantasy writing since it is influential, but it is labeled fiction/fantasy, and more creative, imagination, and impacts humanity in a sense of literary awareness.

We do learn from fiction and fantasy from a different perspective. Since, we can relate to the characters. We can show the experience and mix it with impossibility. We can be more objective in the sense it is labeled fiction or fantasy and not be applied to life as if you would take a non-fiction book and believe it must be absolute truth and they must know what they're talking about even if they're being misled.

What is interesting is I used to be on this game Second Life which was a Virtual Reality game. It was huge at the time back in 2007-2013 when I was playing the game.

You could see the "Real World" was brought into the fantasy world. Every thing we do in the "Real World" in materialism, entrepreneurship, jobs, careers, houses, vehicles, and clothing were part of the world. Different sims illustrated a social groups or themes.

I just played Klondike for three months which is basically and Entrepreneurship game. Purpose of this was just recognizing that world building is created off every day life once more.

While others paid for gems and emeralds, it wasn't hard for me to build fast just by having entrepreneur skills and knowing what to spend your currency on and not be enticed by the shiny objects.

This kind of goes along with what I already learned about Virtual Reality and PTSD treatment that some of the Universities have been discussing for a few years. When you are in a Virtual Reality when someone can do it in that fantasy world, they can turn around and do in the real world.

What you learn from a fictional world versus real world is there is a safe place the mind becomes more meditative, relaxed, and more open to learning communication skills, how to relate, how to set personal boundaries, and it does even open up those mathematical skills as I learned with Second Life.

I already learned on that game what others are learning with VR. You don't really need the head/eye gear at all. I do have to chuckle with this, because it's all about visual. You need nothing more then your two eyes.

What we're seeing in 2020/21 with "Real" content it is a bit more dangerous because it is telling people the information is real and tricking their mind to believe it is safe place because it is non-fiction. It makes people vulnerable to emotional distress, depression, anxiety, suicide, and endangering themselves in the physical.

It's kind of a pet peeve of mine that content writers are creating chaos and confusion deliberately.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wonder if there is any data on reading habits of the various generations.

Does Gen-Z prefer reading physical books over digital?
Do Millennials prefer eBooks or physical?

Or is everything gone digital?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Wonder if there is any data on reading habits of the various generations.

Does Gen-Z prefer reading physical books over digital?
Do Millennials prefer eBooks or physical?

Or is everything gone digital?
Most of the Gen Z I know don’t read a lot, but that’s not true for the whole generation!

I’m right at the cutoff between millennial and Gen Z and I prefer physical books.

Most everyone I talk to says the same, but ebooks are good for convenience.

seraphine

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
May 14, 2021
I'm Gen Z, but I don't think I'm entirely representative, as I studied literature in college and have been an avid reader almost my whole life. I prefer physical books but lately I've been using digital books a lot more, since I like highlighting important passages and annotating but hate to ruin a physical book.

I'm just sick of shallowness overall. Even books that are supposed to be "literary fiction" end up being empty to me, so I just end up going back to the classics.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
I would choose Physical books any day, but I can't read them at night when I can't see words clearly. eBooks, on the other hand, are screens and don't have this problem. But again, they affect sleep. I've been reading a lot of eBooks lately. I listened to an audiobook, loved it but often found myself not paying attention.

Gen Z might prefer reading at night. Just saying, that's my habit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.