The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gary Halbert 30 day challenge Copywriting Group

A

Angus

Hey guys, anyone got a link for the back issues? I don't know what to read haha.
By the way, if you want good pdfs just hit me with a PM. ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

merryrows

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 23, 2013
Hey guys, anyone got a link for the back issues? I don't know what to read haha.
By the way, if you want good pdfs just hit me with a PM.

Do you have a pdf version of tested advertising 4th edition?

nickR8

999999999 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 5, 2014
Austin, TX
What are your issues on the Kindle, exactly?
Tons of typos, words have spaces in the middle of them, whole text parts are randomly indented, it isn't clear where one letter starts and the other one stops... I think the "publisher" just ran a OCR software over the original book and didn't take the time to read the result :banghead:

Here are the back issues: http://www.trafficplusconversion.com/1345/gary-halbert-letter/

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Tons of typos, words have spaces in the middle of them, whole text parts are randomly indented, it isn't clear where one letter starts and the other one stops... I think the "publisher" just ran a OCR software over the original book and didn't take the time to read the result :banghead:

Here are the back issues: http://www.trafficplusconversion.com/1345/gary-halbert-letter/

I think I have the same one too. Lots of odd typos, indeed like there was some software run to convert it. It's making the book a little harder to read in a timely manner.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
Last edited:

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
Claude hopkins are you guys reading the pdf or the book?

As for gary halbert newsletter. This is kind of tricky. The over 1000+ page pdf is not all the newsletters. You read all of them in the pdf plus some of the links compiled.

I took the trouble of going through the whole pdf and matching with misc/missing newsletters links to have all I could find of the newsletters without creating duplicates. I have all the stuff that isnt on the pdf printed off. I would break it down title by title but geez I cant spoon feed any further or i'd be behind on the challenge more than I am. Plus I took this stuff off years ago so my memory fades.

Just go through it one by one like the fbi does when they raid people homes to search for documents. It will be worth it for you to organize it all like I did.

p.s. Be sure to get boron letters 2.0 as well. That isnt in the "traffic plus conversions" link. added link on front page. Give thanks/credit to @kaloenneli on page 7.

Last edited:

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
I'm In. I've already been reading a lot on Gary's site after the epic Ice Cream thread.

Is this a go at your own pace kind of thing?

yes. I mean you cant go at anyones pace but your own really.

dominator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jan 21, 2014
Hello, I decided to join this challenge. I started yesterday Feb 5th.
I have read the Boron letters and will be moving on to Scientific Advertisement today and plan on finishing it today.
It's a challenge for me, having two small kids but I'm up for it!

Thanks for this group oldfool!

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
  • Scientific Advertising
  • The Robert Collier Letter
  • Tested Advertising Methods
  • How to Write Good Advertisement
  • The Gary Halbert Letter (all back issues)
  • The Boron Letters
  • The Boron Letters 2.0 (considered it back issues)
  • The Lazy Man's Way To Riches
  • Breakthrough Advertising
  • 7 Steps To Freedom

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Hello, I decided to join this challenge. I started yesterday Feb 5th.
I have read the Boron letters and will be moving on to Scientific Advertisement today and plan on finishing it today.
It's a challenge for me, having two small kids but I'm up for it!

Thanks for this group oldfool!

I'm the primary caretaker of an 9 month old and 2 year old myself, I know what you mean as far as having no time goes. ;)

Just do as much as you can, and remember, the end goal isn't making it through the material in 30 days, but getting value out of the content so that you could actually use it. If it takes longer than 30 days, so be it.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
Aye, if you cant get 4th edition of tested advertising methods then get the 5th edition, &, dont worry about it, (or just skip that book). Though from pages 220 ish to the end of the book is blazing you have to do what you got to do. All the reviews arent bad on the 5th edition, though, I think Amazon intermingled 4th edition and 5th so I cannot tell if someone is praising 4th or 5th. Just read amazon reviews and come to your on conclusion or just dont read the 5th edition.

Another thing, this challenge could get quite costly if you dont have funds. I mean, between books,(especially breakthrough advertising), bundles of paper, cue cards, offline adverts, and, back issue magazines, you could end up spending a nice little bit of change.

My suggestion is to just do what you can. Cant afford all the books? Try to find them online. Cant afford to do adverts? Then do mockup webpages with free websites, or, templates to see your layout for whatever you plan on selling. Do what you can with what you working with people. ;)

Back to work i'm cheating the grind. Should be finished How To Write A Good Advertisement today. Fingers Crossed.:tiphat:

dominator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jan 21, 2014
I'm the primary caretaker of an 9 month old and 2 year old myself, I know what you mean as far as having no time goes.
Just do as much as you can, and remember, the end goal isn't making it through the material in 30 days, but getting value out of the content so that you could actually use it. If it takes longer than 30 days, so be it.

I have a 5 month old and a 3 year old that wants attention all day long. My husband works from home so he helps out a little in the mornings. So far I have my laptop, ipad, and desktop all on the same book so as I move around, I have it. I have cut out TV time (except cartoons for the kids), social media, and pointless surfing. I Also stay up 4 hours after the kids go to sleep. I have found this to be helpful so far.

Welcome aboard!
If you can't do it in thirty days don't give up. Keep at it..... It will pay off big time in your future.

Thanks!

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
Just finished The Boron Letters. What an amazing book!

Paul Gallo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Mar 24, 2011
NYC
  • Just knocked out Scientific Advertising today!
    Waiting for some of the others to arrive......I jumped around a bit based on some items i read in the past and just skimmed through to update myself.....
  • Scientific Advertising
  • The Gary Halbert Letter(s)
  • The Boron Letters
  • 7 Steps To Freedom
and thats my progress up to day. just keep ripping through them :)

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
  • Scientific Advertising
  • The Gary Halbert Letter (all back issues)
  • The Boron Letters
  • The Boron Letters 2.0 (consider it part of the back issues)
  • 7 Steps To Freedom
If anyone has unlocked security setting of the 1000+ page Halbert back issues PDF let me know so I can highlight on the pdf when I take notes on the second round when reading it.

Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Just finished Boron Letters. Going is slow, but will knock it all out.

Feer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 14, 2013
Now done with Scientific Advertising and just finished How to Write Good Advertisement! I had some problems focusing on the stuff concerning positioning of ads in magazines, didn't really get motivated in that part. With daily reading I did get over those parts, so if you start having problems focusing on some of the stuff, just force yourself to at least continue reading the next day.

Next up: The Boron Letters

A

Angus

• Scientific Advertising
  • How to Write a Good Advertisement
  • The Boron Letters
  • 7 Steps To Freedom
  • The Gary Halbert Letter Book
Just finished How to Write Good Advertisement, it's my favourite at the moment, it's fluid, it has very useful tips and I liked the "summaries" at the end.

The Robert Collier Letter looks like The Bible though, I'm a little bit scared. :hungover:

Onward!

zoomzoom

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Apr 22, 2013
Thanks for bringing GH's challenge to our attention "oldfool"

I wish I had seen this sooner but rather than quit and say I can never catch up to you guys, I'm going to dig in and make it happen. I've been creating mediocre ads for long enough!

Phase One Reading:

--> Scientific Advertising by Claude Hopkins

__ The Robert Collier Letter Book by Robert Collier

__ Tested Advertising Methods by John Caples

__ How To Write A Good Advertisement by Vic Schwab

__ The Gary Halbert Letter" (all back issues) by Gary Halbert

__ The Boron Letters by Gary Halbert

__ The Lazy Man's Way to Riches by Joe Karbo

__ Break-Through Advertising by Eugene M. Schwartz

__ 7-Steps To Freedom by Ben Suarez

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
If anyone has unlocked security setting of the 1000+ page Halbert back issues PDF let me know so I can highlight on the pdf when I take notes on the second round when reading it.

I removed the password but the text is non selectable/editable (This file is like 200mb. It is basically just Jpegs strung together). I'm going to try to convert it, but as you may know running it through a rewrite software could mess up the integrity of the text.

Attachments

• NONeditable.jpg
    NONeditable.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 41

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
I removed the password but the text is non selectable/editable (This file is like 200mb. It is basically just Jpegs strung together). I'm going to try to convert it, but as you may know running it through a rewrite software could mess up the integrity of the text.

I just figured out I don't have to run it through a rewrite. I can just make the text recognizable by adobe. If you were to copy and paste it may screw up a few words here and there. But highlighting should work just fine.

upload_2014-2-7_10-29-24.png

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
Cleveland can you post an attach copy of how you have this so you can highlight?

Maybe upload to server or pm me and i will give you an email to mail me the document in the new format so I can do it when I read the 2nd time.

Last edited:

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
I'm not sure what a mastermind would even look like. I am just trying to get through the daily reading. :)

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
Maybe upload to server or pm me and i will give you an email to mail me the document in the new format so I can do it when I read the 2nd time.

I ran in through a rewrite and it was absolutely unintelligible. I just got done with the OCR Analysis (Optimal Character Recognition), The result is a PDF 60mb larger than the original. So as it stands it is currently 261mb. Here is the link. PM me for the encryption Key. https://mega.co.nz/#!RcFVGQTb

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
maybe i asked the wrong question. How do you make it recognizable to adobe for highlight? not sure what you mean. i need instruction on how you can highlight. I cant even copy and paste:embarrased:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.