The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Funny paradox

Anything related to matters of the mind

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
I have noticed that the more "child" like I become, the more of an adult I become and the more of an adult I become, the more of a child I actually am.

Children uninfluenced and unmanipulated are very curious, brave, and willing to try new things. They don't care what others think of them and do as they please. When they fail, they laugh, and go on to finish what they started.

Most adults however are not that curious, brave, and are pretty stuck in their old ways. Almost like what we as a society WRONGLY believe children are.

Just a funny thought I had today and thought I'd share it with you guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
stuck in their old ways.
What a pity! We would have a more interesting world if we could get off the old ways. Resistance to new changes. The transitions we must go through to get to where we want to be is quite amazing.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
The old
What a pity! We would have a more interesting world if we could get off the old ways. Resistance to new changes. The transitions we must go through to get to where we want to be is quite amazing.
The older you are the harder it is. One would have to go through years of rationalizations, habits, beliefs, and actions that it becomes damn near impossible. Everyone KNOWS how to lose weight. It is so damn easy it is ridiculous. Eat less move more. There it is. Right there. Why can't people do it? From DECADES of habits, belief systems, surroundings, rationalizations. They are so disconnected from reality that it becomes almost impossible to snap them out of it. This is why when Tony Robbins wants to create change he makes people jump up and down for 10 hours to WAKE THEM UP so that they are actually able to actually HEAR what tony is saying.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
The old

The older you are the harder it is. One would have to go through years of rationalizations, habits, beliefs, and actions that it becomes damn near impossible. Everyone KNOWS how to lose weight. It is so damn easy it is ridiculous. Eat less move more. There it is. Right there. Why can't people do it? From DECADES of habits, belief systems, surroundings, rationalizations. They are so disconnected from reality that it becomes almost impossible to snap them out of it. This is why when Tony Robbins wants to create change he makes people jump up and down for 10 hours to WAKE THEM UP so that they are actually able to actually HEAR what tony is saying.
I think it is a foreign language to many people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.