• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Progress Thread From theory to process

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by daru, Feb 26, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. kubikdanon

kubikdanon New Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $71
    What language are coding in? I am a C# developer, and I love .NET environment.
    However, I see that 95 % of start-ups are looking for JS / python. Is there any particular reason? Ease of deployment? Ease of language? Speed of creating code?

daru likes this.
  2. daru

daru Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $611
    Can only speak for myself. I use Python and for this project Django. One reason is of course that it's what I'm used to and most productive with. Other reasons are Free Open Source Software (BSD/MIT style licensing), great online community, lot's of third party Django apps to use for different common web dev problems and of course Django's awesome documentation. I like GNU/Linux also which makes something like Python/Django a good choice for me. And for startups generally, it's fucking free and as good as paid for stuff. So low initial investments.

But I would probably stick with C#/.NET if that was what I already knew.

3. LRG

LRG Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $47
    So much hustle and great work ethic. I enjoyed reading through your thread. Congrats on your decision to choose the SAAS route. I will watch this thread!

daru likes this.
  4. daru

daru Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $611
    Damn that red pill! Now someone put a gun to my head and I can't fucking go back to ordinary work.

I have to step it up now. Construction project is scheduled to be finished (as for now) before first of June. It really depends on getting some parts in time. Fucked up and ordered them to late. May miss this deadline! :humph:

The SaaS project also has a deadline first of June. Sort of an MVP version but should be usable for my current and only customer. Probably have to put in some unhealthy work hours to pull it off but a deadline is a deadline. And I see that deadlines are crucial for me to get anything done! Been mixing coding with writing copy to keep realigning programming with what I think customers want.

Morning routine is becoming a habit. Got like 2-3 weeks with only one day not getting up at five in the morning and doing back rehab. By the way. Getting my back healthy is my other big goal besides becoming a entrepreneur.

Thanks for reading!
    /Aspiring entrepreneur

Argue likes this.
  5. daru

Rep Bank:
    $611
    Got the basics up for registration, login, user settings bla bla. It's funny. I have one customer and I find myself thinking how to code all sorts of shit to handle thousands of customers!? Managed to get hold of myself but some time wasted for sure.
    I have 2 days to finish up and move my customer to the new platform I'm building. Old platform is technically owned by the customer and I don't want any legal issues by using that one. Then I need more customers which is obviously the next step?

So friends and family is starting to get nervous that I don't have a job and an income. I currently live out of a windfall and sold most of my stocks today to be able to work on this full time. I get some strange looks every now and then but I don't really care. Since I live at the end of the world I get my teachers and mentors mostly from books, this forum and I also found Foreverjobless.com by @snowbank extremely helpful to get into a somewhat correct entrepreneurial mindset. Lots to learn still! Learning by doing?

Thanks!

Romeo D. and Argue like this.
  6. daru

Rep Bank:
    $611
    Ok. So was building my Saas and all was well. And then I got an opportunity to join a E-health startup as an owner (10%). And I took that opportunity!

I realize that I seem to be all over the place but what the hell: "new shit has come to light" as my favourite anti-hero explained to Mr Lebowski.

View: https://youtu.be/XKVmpJaMffM

If this new venture fails (it won't) then I can just pickup where I left the Saas thing. I guess (?).

May or may not continue this thread. But a big thanks to all who read this thread and helped me.
    This forum is awesome and I feel a lot more confident on how to help this new company I've joined thanks to you.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    Argue, MarekvBeek and Kingmaker like this.
  7. daru

Rep Bank:
    $611
    Out of excitement I post again. This E-health venture I've joined has already started to connect some feedback loops. And man, it's awesome!
    We haven't sold a shit so far but the last couple of days events has announced good times ahead.

I'm responsible for the technology and programming, feels good to put my skills to real use helping people have a better life! Also, getting more into the hardware stuff as I have been forced to do is quite fun. Sometimes very frustrating but keep reminding myself to "solve problems on a problem to problem basis". That and "the fact that it's hard is the opportunity" (it's really not that hard but anyway).

Also, one of the Co-founders have read The Millionaire Fastlane and is now the CEO! Having business partners turned out to be a good move for me.
    Gave another friend UNSCRIPTED for birthday present and he read it! Besides this forum I can now have good entrepreneurship discussions IRL. :fistbump:

Thanks for the books and forum MJ and all others that provide value through this forum. :thumbsup:

banjoa likes this.
  8. Caramel

Caramel Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $257
    Are you making sure you won't get the short end of the stick at this startup? I may have missed something but you are technically working under a boss again, yes?

9. daru

Rep Bank:
    $611
    Hey, thanks for posting.

Well. I only own 10% of the company. That's not great. It's not optimal, but is anything ever optimal? However, I believe that an exit in a few years will still make me financially independent (currently it's all about helping and adding value).

I don't consider it working under a boss. And if I'm fooling myself (very possible) it's still a "boss" that know what's important to get this thing flying. We are on the same page. I have already learned a lot, and will learn more. And who knows, maybe some day I get to own more of this company.
    If things go to hell which is out of my control I just reread some books (what did I do wrong) and starts firing again.

Caramel likes this.
  10. Caramel

Caramel Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $257

Sounds good. You are taking a risk on the two things I fear most, though.

1. Control. You are giving up a lot of control by letting someone else be in charge of the decisions. You're on the same page now, but you might not be in the future.
    2. Time. You are risking a lot of time by thinking this will work. If it doesn't work out, that's a lot of time (possibly) wasted.

just my 2 cents though, and i'm still learning myself.

11. daru

Rep Bank:
    $611
    Can't deny it's risky and suboptimal regarding Control and Time. Most worried about Control. The time invested can be compared to really working for a boss with zero chance of explosive income growth (Am I fooling myself now again =).

12. Caramel

Caramel Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $257
    Sure, it can be compared. But the ultimate goal we're here for is to escape that situation as fast as possible (fastlane). So wasting another few years on it can't really be considered "okay". That time could've been spent working on opportunities that provide more control and thus (in my opinion) more odds of success.

Not to burst your bubble or trying to argue with you, this thread has been a fantastic read and I'm sure you'll make it far.
    My opinion isn't very credible anyway as I'm just a beginner myself.

Good luck with whatever path you choose!

daru likes this.
  13. daru

Rep Bank:
    $611
    Actually, Time in this case is my time I invest. Not Time as in the Time commandment. Myself mixed them up in comments above I think.

The business itself adheres good to all the CENTS commandments. Hopefully very good on the Need.

14. daru

Rep Bank:
    $611
    In the desert. Good to have partners right now for not giving up.

Seems like the problem of my small ownership of the company may be resolved. In other words, I will likely own more shares of the company soon.