Ben Milan
New Contributor
Hi everyone, I’m Ben from France and I’m 22 years old
I’ve been reading this forum for around 1 month and it really motivated me to continue what I’m doing since a few years! Thanks MJ for creating this place
I’m gonna try to keep it short and easy to follow.
I have been studying finance, mathematics and programming for 4 years and a half so I will get my five-years degree in 6 months (after my 6-month internship that I’m starting now).
When I was young (around 10 years old) I always used to sell stuff like Pokémon cards or toys that I wasn’t using anymore for a good price. It was the beginning of my entrepreneur journey!
I’m gonna give you a list of business or ideas that I have done in the last few years :
- 2016: A Facebook page where I was selling advices to bet on football (what you use to call soccer in the US) matches with a 10€-subscription per month. It wasn’t a lot of money but I was quite happy to do it just by myself without spending any money in advertising, just organic reaches.
I stopped this business after the 2015/2016 season because I really wanted to spend all my time studying finance, but I should have probably continued.
- Trading: I started to get into trading (day-trading) in 2016/2017 and I made around 30% return in less than a year, this performance could be good for a hedge fund but for me it was nothing because I hadn’t a lot of money on my trading account.
If you make a 30%-return with $2000, it’s just $600 in one year of work and a lot of time spent to study charts.
- And then, in 2017/2018 I’ve heard about crypto so I’ve learned a lot about that and I invested around $1000 (student money that I made in a summer job). I made x10 and lost almost everything during the krach in January 2018. I made some money but not as much as the early-investors. I cashed out in February 2018 with a little profit.
- Still in the same year I’ve met a guy on a cryptocurrency chat who started his B2B business a few months ago. We discussed and we decided to work together on this business.
It’s a B2B business where we sell products directly from the factory to the company (drop shipping) with a minimum profit of $300 for each sale.
It’s actually a good business because I made some money, once we made $3000 in one sale to a famous company in France.
But since I didn’t actually know the guy I was working with, we ended up disagreeing on a few points and I decided to stop this business 2 months ago.
He is still making money with this business but I wanted a fresh start!
Also, during this period I did an internship on the trading floor in a Hedge Fund in London, it was pretty interesting since I’ve met a lot of people who make (or used to make) more than 1 million a year working for a bank or a hedge fund.
And now I’m doing my internship as a Sales in a bank (I won’t tell you where to avoid stalkers) until August 2019.
Now, I want a fresh start for my side hustle and I will do it alone, I got 2 options for my next business:
- B2B Business as I have done before (drop shipping if the MOQ is low enough)
- Creating a brand and selling the products on Amazon and on my website.
I started to discuss with suppliers and I will keep you updated on this thread or a new one when I will launch my new business!
I’ve been reading this forum for around 1 month and it really motivated me to continue what I’m doing since a few years! Thanks MJ for creating this place
I’m gonna try to keep it short and easy to follow.
I have been studying finance, mathematics and programming for 4 years and a half so I will get my five-years degree in 6 months (after my 6-month internship that I’m starting now).
When I was young (around 10 years old) I always used to sell stuff like Pokémon cards or toys that I wasn’t using anymore for a good price. It was the beginning of my entrepreneur journey!
I’m gonna give you a list of business or ideas that I have done in the last few years :
- 2016: A Facebook page where I was selling advices to bet on football (what you use to call soccer in the US) matches with a 10€-subscription per month. It wasn’t a lot of money but I was quite happy to do it just by myself without spending any money in advertising, just organic reaches.
I stopped this business after the 2015/2016 season because I really wanted to spend all my time studying finance, but I should have probably continued.
- Trading: I started to get into trading (day-trading) in 2016/2017 and I made around 30% return in less than a year, this performance could be good for a hedge fund but for me it was nothing because I hadn’t a lot of money on my trading account.
If you make a 30%-return with $2000, it’s just $600 in one year of work and a lot of time spent to study charts.
- And then, in 2017/2018 I’ve heard about crypto so I’ve learned a lot about that and I invested around $1000 (student money that I made in a summer job). I made x10 and lost almost everything during the krach in January 2018. I made some money but not as much as the early-investors. I cashed out in February 2018 with a little profit.
- Still in the same year I’ve met a guy on a cryptocurrency chat who started his B2B business a few months ago. We discussed and we decided to work together on this business.
It’s a B2B business where we sell products directly from the factory to the company (drop shipping) with a minimum profit of $300 for each sale.
It’s actually a good business because I made some money, once we made $3000 in one sale to a famous company in France.
But since I didn’t actually know the guy I was working with, we ended up disagreeing on a few points and I decided to stop this business 2 months ago.
He is still making money with this business but I wanted a fresh start!
Also, during this period I did an internship on the trading floor in a Hedge Fund in London, it was pretty interesting since I’ve met a lot of people who make (or used to make) more than 1 million a year working for a bank or a hedge fund.
And now I’m doing my internship as a Sales in a bank (I won’t tell you where to avoid stalkers) until August 2019.
Now, I want a fresh start for my side hustle and I will do it alone, I got 2 options for my next business:
- B2B Business as I have done before (drop shipping if the MOQ is low enough)
- Creating a brand and selling the products on Amazon and on my website.
I started to discuss with suppliers and I will keep you updated on this thread or a new one when I will launch my new business!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
