The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From side hustle to Fastlane

Ben Milan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 19, 2019
France
Hi everyone, I’m Ben from France and I’m 22 years old

I’ve been reading this forum for around 1 month and it really motivated me to continue what I’m doing since a few years! Thanks MJ for creating this place
I’m gonna try to keep it short and easy to follow.
I have been studying finance, mathematics and programming for 4 years and a half so I will get my five-years degree in 6 months (after my 6-month internship that I’m starting now).

When I was young (around 10 years old) I always used to sell stuff like Pokémon cards or toys that I wasn’t using anymore for a good price. It was the beginning of my entrepreneur journey!

I’m gonna give you a list of business or ideas that I have done in the last few years :

- 2016: A Facebook page where I was selling advices to bet on football (what you use to call soccer in the US) matches with a 10€-subscription per month. It wasn’t a lot of money but I was quite happy to do it just by myself without spending any money in advertising, just organic reaches.
I stopped this business after the 2015/2016 season because I really wanted to spend all my time studying finance, but I should have probably continued.

- Trading: I started to get into trading (day-trading) in 2016/2017 and I made around 30% return in less than a year, this performance could be good for a hedge fund but for me it was nothing because I hadn’t a lot of money on my trading account.
If you make a 30%-return with $2000, it’s just $600 in one year of work and a lot of time spent to study charts.

- And then, in 2017/2018 I’ve heard about crypto so I’ve learned a lot about that and I invested around $1000 (student money that I made in a summer job). I made x10 and lost almost everything during the krach in January 2018. I made some money but not as much as the early-investors. I cashed out in February 2018 with a little profit.

- Still in the same year I’ve met a guy on a cryptocurrency chat who started his B2B business a few months ago. We discussed and we decided to work together on this business.
It’s a B2B business where we sell products directly from the factory to the company (drop shipping) with a minimum profit of $300 for each sale.
It’s actually a good business because I made some money, once we made $3000 in one sale to a famous company in France.
But since I didn’t actually know the guy I was working with, we ended up disagreeing on a few points and I decided to stop this business 2 months ago.
He is still making money with this business but I wanted a fresh start!

Also, during this period I did an internship on the trading floor in a Hedge Fund in London, it was pretty interesting since I’ve met a lot of people who make (or used to make) more than 1 million a year working for a bank or a hedge fund.
And now I’m doing my internship as a Sales in a bank (I won’t tell you where to avoid stalkers) until August 2019.

Now, I want a fresh start for my side hustle and I will do it alone, I got 2 options for my next business:
- B2B Business as I have done before (drop shipping if the MOQ is low enough)
- Creating a brand and selling the products on Amazon and on my website.

I started to discuss with suppliers and I will keep you updated on this thread or a new one when I will launch my new business!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattis94

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 20, 2019
I'd like to start a business on Amazon too, I'm searching for good category product.

We could get in touch if you want, I'm from italy

Ben Milan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 19, 2019
France
I'd like to start a business on Amazon too, I'm searching for good category product.

We could get in touch if you want, I'm from italy

Hi Mattis, did you already contact suppliers or are you just looking for products so far?
You can send me a PM if you want to discuss more about Amazon in Europe! Or we can talk here as well!

Welcome aboard Ben, sounds like the entrepreneurial spirit has always been with you.

Any particular reason you're choosing products over software?

No particular reason, maybe because it looks like the easiest way for me (no maintenance) but I should actually think about softwares since I have done some programming and some cold calling in my previous business (that's probably where I am the best)
Any thread about software on this forum that you recommend to me?

Did you launch a software already or something with machine learning? I'm quite hungry about machine learning as well!

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum Ben - it certainly sounds like entrepreneurship is in your blood. Thank you sharing your journey thus far.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Mattis, did you already contact suppliers or are you just looking for products so far?
You can send me a PM if you want to discuss more about Amazon in Europe! Or we can talk here as well!

No particular reason, maybe because it looks like the easiest way for me (no maintenance) but I should actually think about softwares since I have done some programming and some cold calling in my previous business (that's probably where I am the best)
Any thread about software on this forum that you recommend to me?

Did you launch a software already or something with machine learning? I'm quite hungry about machine learning as well!

Check out eLiquid's thread on the topic of SaaS

GOLD! - Ask Me Anything About SaaS ( I'm building my 7th )

As far as ML, I haven't launched anything. I've been working on a hard project for a few months and it's time to stick a fork in it.

Ben Milan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 19, 2019
France
Check out eLiquid's thread on the topic of SaaS

GOLD! - Ask Me Anything About SaaS ( I'm building my 7th )

As far as ML, I haven't launched anything. I've been working on a hard project for a few months and it's time to stick a fork in it.

Thanks, I just got an idea of software when I was reading the thread! I will cold call some companies next week to check if they actually need this kind of software, I will keep you updated

I have a lot to learn to create a SaaS, it sounds challenging!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...