own_ursituation
New Contributor
Howdy,
I'm Ben. I recently added MJ's book to my library and have recommended it to all my peers. I've done about everything there is to do when it comes to making money. The typical "chaser" MJ refers to (MLM, real estate, anything you can find on an infomercial, etc). He pointed out an obvious problem I have in his book. I've simply followed some one else's road and neglected to blaze my own trail. While I've made plenty of money and enjoyed all the failures that come with success I have yet to reach the level I want. My current wholesaling business was dumped immediately after I read MJ's book and I am currently pursuing another option that has long been my dream and really fills a gap in the market (more to come as my progress develops and you all get familiar with me on this site). It lacks several of the things MJ speaks of and is a complete waste of time since it will not get me where I want to go and help me accomplish those goals and dreams.
Anyway I came from almost nothing just like MJ. My story starts with a car just like MJ (in my case a Viper). One rolled up when I was in 6th grade at a car show. The license plates said engineer. Guess what I spent the rest of my school career becoming (grade school and high school included)... an engineer. Only difference is I don't have that Viper... YET... I've always known the traditional route will not get me where I desire to be so I try everything I can to escape the mediocrity. Between real estate and my job at a Fortune 500 I make 6 figures in St Louis which is a lot of money for the area and for a 26 year old who was working on a farm not to long ago. I accomplished what I set out to do the only issue is it's the completely wrong lane. I always thought of myself in the fastlane. Truth is I'm just driving the slow lane FASTER than the other slow laners. In a few short years I've accomplished for than most in their 40's. Comparing myself to them is not the key though, even though they all kiss my a$$ and tell me how good I'm doing. Of course I'm doing good compared to them, most of them are complacent and lazy! Wrong environment.
The Millionaire Fastlane ... Now that's an environment I need to be immersed in. Comparing myself to MJ, Trump, Gate, Jobs, etc is more like it. When I reach that status I can call myself "successful". Think of the things you can do to change the world we live in for the better with that kind of knowledge, power, and cashflow.
It's time for a lane change and I am working every second I can to get to that lane. Follow my progress on here. I'm just a guy like anyone else. You can do anything you want. It's your decisions that shape your future not your past. Believe me on that, I'm a shining example. As always, remember to take care of your brain, body, and bank account. You're only on this rock for a split second and if you want to leave your mark you have to act fast.
To our health and our wealth,
Ben
I'm Ben. I recently added MJ's book to my library and have recommended it to all my peers. I've done about everything there is to do when it comes to making money. The typical "chaser" MJ refers to (MLM, real estate, anything you can find on an infomercial, etc). He pointed out an obvious problem I have in his book. I've simply followed some one else's road and neglected to blaze my own trail. While I've made plenty of money and enjoyed all the failures that come with success I have yet to reach the level I want. My current wholesaling business was dumped immediately after I read MJ's book and I am currently pursuing another option that has long been my dream and really fills a gap in the market (more to come as my progress develops and you all get familiar with me on this site). It lacks several of the things MJ speaks of and is a complete waste of time since it will not get me where I want to go and help me accomplish those goals and dreams.
Anyway I came from almost nothing just like MJ. My story starts with a car just like MJ (in my case a Viper). One rolled up when I was in 6th grade at a car show. The license plates said engineer. Guess what I spent the rest of my school career becoming (grade school and high school included)... an engineer. Only difference is I don't have that Viper... YET... I've always known the traditional route will not get me where I desire to be so I try everything I can to escape the mediocrity. Between real estate and my job at a Fortune 500 I make 6 figures in St Louis which is a lot of money for the area and for a 26 year old who was working on a farm not to long ago. I accomplished what I set out to do the only issue is it's the completely wrong lane. I always thought of myself in the fastlane. Truth is I'm just driving the slow lane FASTER than the other slow laners. In a few short years I've accomplished for than most in their 40's. Comparing myself to them is not the key though, even though they all kiss my a$$ and tell me how good I'm doing. Of course I'm doing good compared to them, most of them are complacent and lazy! Wrong environment.
The Millionaire Fastlane ... Now that's an environment I need to be immersed in. Comparing myself to MJ, Trump, Gate, Jobs, etc is more like it. When I reach that status I can call myself "successful". Think of the things you can do to change the world we live in for the better with that kind of knowledge, power, and cashflow.
It's time for a lane change and I am working every second I can to get to that lane. Follow my progress on here. I'm just a guy like anyone else. You can do anything you want. It's your decisions that shape your future not your past. Believe me on that, I'm a shining example. As always, remember to take care of your brain, body, and bank account. You're only on this rock for a split second and if you want to leave your mark you have to act fast.
To our health and our wealth,
Ben
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
