The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Idea to Live defore December

Idea threads

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Yesterday I came up with an idea to implement before the holidays. Not sure how far I want to go into detail with it yet but its a website.

Signed up for INSIDERS to post this accountability thread. Today I took my first stab at implementing the HTML and I quickly realized I need to think through my idea a bit better.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Built the navigation bar for my site.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Built the getting started screen and email sign up HTML

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Much more comfortable with RAW HTML. I feel more I can be more powerful with it too.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Raw HTML? Or are you using PHP, etc? I respect your desire to do this yourself from the ground up but the concept is to test your idea as fast as you can an get sales if possible. Just want to make sure that you're not getting too caught up in the minutia and losing site of the bigger picture.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Raw HTML? Or are you using PHP, etc? I respect your desire to do this yourself from the ground up but the concept is to test your idea as fast as you can an get sales if possible. Just want to make sure that you're not getting too caught up in the minutia and losing site of the bigger picture.

Javascript, I do understand that. It's a lesson I've learned myself the hard way. Should be up and live in 2 weeks as long as I consistently put work into it, its a pretty simple app.

I intend on running a fb ad campaign to test my idea once I have something good enough, if it works buy more traffic. If not, try and figure out if I can do anything to improve the process.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Haven't updated this at all. Got way too much stuff going on that's unrelated to this idea completely. I teamed up with a friend who has an interesting idea so I'd like to pursue that too. Have been lazy these last 3 days though. Still have a month to go, will update when something worth sharing happens

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
Like me (or a lot of people) you might get stuck doing too many things at once. Look at your "NO" ban hammer and see what you can get rid of what saves you more time to work on your project.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Like me (or a lot of people) you might get stuck doing too many things at once. Look at your "NO" ban hammer and see what you can get rid of what saves you more time to work on your project.

Thanks for the tip. Time is a huge issue for me right now. I have found that after work (i work a 9-6) I am completely exhausted and have very little energy remaining. I am still trying to find ways to deal with this

My work has some flexibility with the hours though so Ive been trying to tune things in a way to best position myself to allow me to work on any project.

At first i started working 8-5, by leaving early I figured I would have enough time to work on my projects. turns out I would stay up till past midnight and not be able to make it into work on time the next day. Had to change my hours from 9 to 6 after a talk with my manager so I could get in on time.

The next thing I tried to do was drink a coffee around 4:30 so that I would have enough energy for the rest of the afternoon to work on my stuff and still be able to go to bed early. Still too tired to work on anything after the gym and dinner to the point where I am throwing precious days away.

Starting Monday I'm going to take a different approach and wake up very early maybe 5 a.m. and focus on my projects during that time before work. I think this will work out well as long as I'm able to get up will drink coffee if I have to.

Its already the first week of November.

Last edited:

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
There's a good chance I'm going to work with Ubermensch. This could get interesting. Got like 10 days left too, should probably account for Thanksigiving. I'm F*cked. Or not?

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
What I ended up doing is nothing close to the original idea I set out to do. Here's the site so far:

suiteup.io

Hoping to have dev done before thanksgiving and then can begin selling

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Been on the website still baffled with the actual model? Its not an app that most people would use or download just for hotel extras (which they need to pay for anyway) Only people that I can see using this is business/work trips who usually have a budget to spend on the hotel anyway.

Also how does it make the hotel more money? Most websites like hotels, trivago, easytobook etc already show all the upgradable options before even booking with them. Plus room service usually menu is right next to a phone and they bill you directly.

Sorry to shit on your idea mate but at least you've tried something I wouldnt waste any more time furthering this as I dont really see how you can turn it majorly profitable.
edit . Gave it a thought if you could do something with returning customers to hotels sort of like a reward scheme for staying however many nights or returning trips give them etc Free Dinner, Room Upgrade or something.

Last edited:

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Been on the website still baffled with the actual model? Its not an app that most people would use or download just for hotel extras (which they need to pay for anyway) Only people that I can see using this is business/work trips who usually have a budget to spend on the hotel anyway.

Also how does it make the hotel more money? Most websites like hotels, trivago, easytobook etc already show all the upgradable options before even booking with them. Plus room service usually menu is right next to a phone and they bill you directly.

Sorry to shit on your idea mate but at least you've tried something I wouldnt waste any more time furthering this as I dont really see how you can turn it majorly profitable.
edit . Gave it a thought if you could do something with returning customers to hotels sort of like a reward scheme for staying however many nights or returning trips give them etc Free Dinner, Room Upgrade or something.

It is actually more intended for business / work users. The idea is that maybe on your last night you may want to upgrade your room if you are enticed by photos of on the application. It is usually next to a phone, app is a little bit more convenient. There are companies doing a scaled down version of what we do hitting $1M in recurring revenue. More sales by streamlining the process, I will let the market decide if it's valuable or not. Might as well see it through anyway and see if I can get a client.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
There's a good chance I'm going to work with Ubermensch. This could get interesting. Got like 10 days left too, should probably account for Thanksigiving. I'm F*cked. Or not?

Doing what with Uber? Working on the MLM?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
wake up very early maybe 5 a.m

That's not early.

Go to bed at 7 or 8pm.

Wake up at 2am.

Drink cold water as soon as you get up, stretch, coffee, GO GO GO.

That's 5-6 hours of you time before you spend the rest of your day vegging at work.

That's what I do anyway (except I skip the job part).

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Doing what with Uber? Working on the MLM?

At first yes. What were about to do is hire call center's to sell. Im going to give him $250 so we can split a weeks worth of work. Will see what happens with it

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
I might be wrong but I thought Uber was making a fortune per year why would he need $250?

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
I might be wrong but I thought Uber was making a fortune per year why would he need $250?

Im splitting a campaign with him and its separate from his main business / source of income

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Been silent but still been going hard at it. It's looking very likely that I will be securing 10k from an investor

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Got a solid working prototype. Starting to reach out to potential customers through linkedIn

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
90% done with product development of the SaaS. Life gets in the way a lot but I can see the finish line

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Why not use WordPress?

BTW I went with a bunch of templates glued together

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Been silent but still been going hard at it. It's looking very likely that I will be securing 10k from an investor
And how did this go?

Your LinkedIn responses don't sound that encouraging. Not that this should deter you. Just wondering how you're going to get traction. Can your investor help with that or is he/her solely contributing capital?

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
And how did this go?

Your LinkedIn responses don't sound that encouraging. Not that this should deter you. Just wondering how you're going to get traction. Can your investor help with that or is he/her solely contributing capital?

Just capital and you are correct in that it doesnt sound encouraging. Im not going to keep using linkedin if its not giving me the results i want. I am thinking for this type of thing I may just have to do face to face

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Well this has been moving slow but is still going on. Getting more responsibilities at work and trying to get into the real estate game(taking the test on March 12th). I canceled my INSIDERS membership so not sure when the next time i post in this INSIDERS thread will be.

Also, I I'm starting to think Ubermensch is a scammer lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.