The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

from high-school to success, skipping college!

Success Soldier

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 23, 2021
Hi everyone.

I come from a small country in Europe.

Not the best at writing but will try to make this interesting :) Will not bore you with my childhood - yes there were some f***ed up moments (not from my part), but we all have those right?

Anyways I didn't know which high school to go to and my grades were never really good. I was always somewhere in the middle. I decided on going to economics high school just because that's where kids who were not super smart, but not stupid either went :) After I finished my high school everyone in my class went to college. I decided not to! Instead I wanted to start making money and build something for me! All my class mates thought I was crazy! Here was my thought proccess: If we are 30 people in the class and all of us go to college...after 4 years of college...how are we different? What is my advantage? ZERO!

But if I go a different route, after 4 years I will have 4 years of experience and also money that I earned in 4 years! Turned out my thinking was correct for me!

I did a few random jobs at the start and got fired from all of them. I felt completly useless and was wondering if I can be good at anything at all? I did find a job later that would take me to where I am at this moment. This job was basicaly repairing cars. I started when I was 20, and due to circumstances I was forced to open up my own company at 22 to stay in this industry that I love.

Now 10 years of running we had our best year so far in 2020 and looking forward to what the future will bring.

In 10 years I learned a lot and I joined this forum in order to help others and also learn from others.

Let's get successful!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Imake1Mb25

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Nov 17, 2019
Cracow Poland
Hi everyone.

Not the best at writing but will try to make this interesting :) Will not bore you with my childhood - yes there were some f***ed up moments (not from my part), but we all have those right?

W każdym razie nie wiedziałem, do której szkoły średniej pójść, a moje oceny nigdy nie były dobre. Zawsze byłem gdzieś pośrodku. Zdecydowałem się pójść do liceum ekonomicznego tylko dlatego, że tam chodzą dzieci, które nie były super mądre, ale też nie głupie. :) Po ukończeniu szkoły średniej wszyscy w mojej klasie poszli do college'u. Postanowiłem tego nie robić! Zamiast tego chciałem zacząć zarabiać i zbudować coś dla siebie! Wszyscy moi koledzy z klasy myśleli, że zwariowałem! Oto mój proces myślowy: jeśli mamy 30 osób w klasie i wszyscy chodzimy do college'u ... po 4 latach studiów ... jak się różnimy? Jaka jest moja przewaga? ZERO!

Ale jeśli pójdę inną trasą, to po 4 latach będę miał 4 lata doświadczenia, a także pieniądze, które zarobiłem w 4 lata! Okazało się, że moje myślenie było dla mnie prawidłowe!

Na początku wykonałem kilka przypadkowych prac i zostałem wyrzucony ze wszystkich. Czułem się kompletnie bezużyteczny i zastanawiałem się, czy w ogóle mogę być dobry? Później znalazłem pracę, która zaprowadziłaby mnie tam, gdzie jestem w tej chwili. Ta praca polegała na naprawie samochodów. Zacząłem, gdy miałem 20 lat iz powodu okoliczności byłem zmuszony otworzyć własną firmę w wieku 22 lat, aby pozostać w tej branży, którą kocham.

Teraz, przez 10 lat biegania, mieliśmy jak dotąd najlepszy rok w 2020 roku i nie możemy się doczekać, co przyniesie przyszłość.

W ciągu 10 lat wiele się nauczyłem i dołączyłem do tego forum, aby pomagać innym, a także uczyć się od innych.

Odnieśmy sukces!
Cześć wszystkim.

Pochodzę z małego kraju w Europie.

Nie najlepszy w pisaniu, ale postaram się, żeby to było interesujące. :) Nie będzie Cię zanudzać moim dzieciństwem - tak, były takie popieprzone momenty (nie z mojej strony), ale wszyscy mamy rację?

W każdym razie nie wiedziałem, do której szkoły średniej pójść, a moje oceny nigdy nie były dobre. Zawsze byłem gdzieś pośrodku. Zdecydowałem się pójść do liceum ekonomicznego tylko dlatego, że tam chodzą dzieci, które nie były super mądre, ale też nie głupie. :) Po ukończeniu szkoły średniej wszyscy w mojej klasie poszli do college'u. Postanowiłem tego nie robić! Zamiast tego chciałem zacząć zarabiać i zbudować coś dla siebie! Wszyscy moi koledzy z klasy myśleli, że zwariowałem! Oto mój proces myślowy: jeśli mamy 30 osób w klasie i wszyscy chodzimy do college'u ... po 4 latach studiów ... jak się różnimy? Jaka jest moja przewaga? ZERO!

Ale jeśli pójdę inną trasą, to po 4 latach będę miał 4 lata doświadczenia, a także pieniądze, które zarobiłem w 4 lata! Okazało się, że moje myślenie było dla mnie prawidłowe!

Na początku wykonałem kilka przypadkowych prac i zostałem wyrzucony ze wszystkich. Czułem się kompletnie bezużyteczny i zastanawiałem się, czy w ogóle mogę być dobry? Później znalazłem pracę, która zaprowadziłaby mnie tam, gdzie jestem w tej chwili. Ta praca polegała na naprawie samochodów. Zacząłem, gdy miałem 20 lat iz powodu okoliczności byłem zmuszony otworzyć własną firmę w wieku 22 lat, aby pozostać w tej branży, którą kocham.

Teraz, przez 10 lat biegania, mieliśmy jak dotąd najlepszy rok w 2020 roku i nie możemy się doczekać, co przyniesie przyszłość.

W ciągu 10 lat wiele się nauczyłem i dołączyłem do tego forum, aby pomagać innym, a także uczyć się od innych.

Odnieśmy

Hi everyone.

Anyways I didn't know which high school to go to and my grades were never really good. I was always somewhere in the middle. I decided on going to economics high school just because that's where kids who were not super smart, but not stupid either went :) After I finished my high school everyone in my class went to college. I decided not to! Instead I wanted to start making money and build something for me! All my class mates thought I was crazy! Here was my thought proccess: If we are 30 people in the class and all of us go to college...after 4 years of college...how are we different? What is my advantage? ZERO!

But if I go a different route, after 4 years I will have 4 years of experience and also money that I earned in 4 years! Turned out my thinking was correct for me!

I did a few random jobs at the start and got fired from all of them. I felt completly useless and was wondering if I can be good at anything at all? I did find a job later that would take me to where I am at this moment. This job was basicaly repairing cars. I started when I was 20, and due to circumstances I was forced to open up my own company at 22 to stay in this industry that I love.

Now 10 years of running we had our best year so far in 2020 and looking forward to what the future will bring.

In 10 years I learned a lot and I joined this forum in order to help others and also learn from others.

Let's get successful!
Congratulations bro, I'm on the same path and now I'm building my own startup at 20 it's tough but by no means I'm going to give up

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Welcome to the forum man!

Do you plan on staying in the car repair business? Will you be able to achieve everything you desire through it?

Success Soldier

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 23, 2021
Congratulations bro, I'm on the same path and now I'm building my own startup at 20 it's tough but by no means I'm going to give up
Nice. If I can be of any help feel free to ask :)

BTW I am going to Poland tomorrow :) Have a knee surgery planned in Warsaw

Success Soldier

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 23, 2021
Welcome to the forum man!

Do you plan on staying in the car repair business? Will you be able to achieve everything you desire through it?

Honestly I don't know. I am at the crossroads :) The niche of car repair business I am in is basically a highly paid skill and I am close to the top in this niche.

I am smartly investing my money and not spending it. I do have other desires as well but we will see where the road takes me.

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Honestly I don't know. I am at the crossroads :) The niche of car repair business I am in is basically a highly paid skill and I am close to the top in this niche.

I am smartly investing my money and not spending it. I do have other desires as well but we will see where the road takes me.

Gotcha very understandable. In our family business it's the same. Makes looking at expanding to other locations/franchising the option mainly left to fastlane.

Have you read any of MJ's books?

Lots of good stuff there.

Success Soldier

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 23, 2021
Gotcha very understandable. In our family business it's the same. Makes looking at expanding to other locations/franchising the option mainly left to fastlane.

Have you read any of MJ's books?

Lots of good stuff there.
Honestly I didn't.

I will though. Stumbled on this forum when looking for motivational stuff :)

What is your family business if I may ask?

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Honestly I didn't.

I will though. Stumbled on this forum when looking for motivational stuff :)

What is your family business if I may ask?

35+ years in Tree Service; close to a sellout (2-3 years) until the unfortunate happened (2 back-to-back practical clean-out robberies).

Been looking at different industries since then (product oriented or innovative models), my parents are burnt out on Tree Service both in their 60's now and minimal retirement besides Empty Real Estate.

I highly recommend MJ's books in that case, as does everyone else. The only real framework for entrepreneurship. Sell franchises don't buy them etc. Rules of Scale/Rules of Control. Etc Lots lots lots of good stuff on the forum.

Success Soldier

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 23, 2021
35+ years in Tree Service; close to a sellout (2-3 years) until the unfortunate happened (2 back-to-back practical clean-out robberies).

Been looking at different industries since then (product oriented or innovative models), my parents are burnt out on Tree Service both in their 60's now and minimal retirement besides Empty Real Estate.

I highly recommend MJ's books in that case, as does everyone else. The only real framework for entrepreneurship. Sell franchises don't buy them etc. Rules of Scale/Rules of Control. Etc Lots lots lots of good stuff on the forum.
I will for sure read them! Thanks for the advice!

I am also looking in to other ventures...something that can be more predictable then the one I have now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...